UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mondays Announcement = Thor!

AdyCarter

One question comes to mind... Matt, I know you're hovering out there...

These are 2 waves away... When is a likely release date, if you cant be specific..can you pin it to a Qtr? :)

T.

p.s. Mucho Kudos Ady for getting the 'reveal'....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ow sooo very very very VERY F*CKIN SEWEEEEEET :D

still love my own thor(well actually luke314pi's thor)

this might mean a long awaited debut of a hawkeye minimate

i hope they have a rage minimate but that would happen :(

I so rarely get excited about any toy announcements any longer, but this, on top of the wave 5 DC Mini announcement is really great. That Thor looks fantatsic. If we get other "classic" Avengers in this wave, boy, that'd be awesome.

And with the Hawks announced, does that mean the possibility of an Angle/Archangel Mini just went from nil to maybe? I'm a little X-Men'ed out, but if I could get a Angel, and a non furry Beast, and a Marvel Girl, and Havok, and Polaris, and Banshee... maybe even a Sunfire?

I'm getting my hopes up :biggrin:

YES! Thor is finally coming out! This day just keeps getting better and better.

I hope Hawkeye, Vision, Wonder Wan, Scarlet Witch and Wasp are part of the line up. With an Ionic Wonder Man variant. If they said a Giant Man Maximate....That would SO AWESOME!

Hey Ady, today is Thursday. Can you please reveal the latest Avenger? :whistling: :biggrin:

I wasn't sure if I was going to like a classic Thor, but I think they pulled it off quite well. The Avengers have a huge roster, so I wonder if Iron Spidey will make the cut... Bring on Iron Spidey/Modern Iron Man!

Remember folks, you can ask questions to DST at our little subforum here.

Totally didn't see this move, but I must say I'm far more excited about some favorites finally seeing light as opposed to a new line or license. I'd love to see Marvel Zombies as much as the next guy, but it's about time that some of the cornerstones of Marvel got the minimate treatment. And no offense to Iron Spidey and Modern Iron Man, but I'd much rather see a host of characters that haven't seen any treatment over a few that have been beaten to death. I doubt we'll see a Spidey or a Cap in this line, though I could see it taking the direction of the first team of Avengers. Thor, Iron Man (gold), Wasp, Ant-Man, Hulk, Cap with WWII Cap as the variant. Hopefully, we'll get something closer to the classic lineup, featuring the likes of Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Thor, and say, She-Hulk or Ms. Marvel. As much as I'd love to see Ant-Man, Wasp, Giantman, Goliath, or others of the size-varying variety, I just don't think AA/DST want to do the characters unless they can shake the size restraints of the license, as a 2" Giant-Man standing next to a 2" Wasp just doesn't look right.

With this announcement, plus a look at Ghost Rider, Star Trek, DC, and everything else to roll out, I think the minimate product is finally turning around. The attention to detail on Thor alongside all those other lines really shows that they have respect for the line that really started this craze and that they are listening to us. Last year was a bit of a dark and bumpy road, but mark your Chinese calendars, as this year will be the year of the Minimate!

I like your idea Storm, but they just covered New Avengers. However, I am really pulling for Iron Spidey and we all know how they like to make Spider-Men.

Let's face it, we will probably get, at the most, 3 new figures and than 3 re-visions. Take the last 2 waves. We got Ronin, Nick Fury, and Sentry along with Cap, Spiderman, and Luke Cage. Then we got Beast and Kitty with Cyclops, Wolvie, Colossus, and Emma. If the trend continues we will probably see 3 new figures. Since we know the 1st will be Thor, I'm going to put my money on Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch. Vison, Ant Man, Wasp, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel are all options, but my money is on Hawkeye and Scarlet. In the area of re-visions, I can see Iron Spidey and Modern Iron Man. The other re-vision (if the 3-3 is correct) could be another Cap or they could be nice and give us 4 brand new figures and just the Iron Spidey and Iron Man. Guess we'll just have to suffer through the week to find out. neo

I disagree. I think we'll see a wave filled with new faces. I doubt they'd go to this kind of trouble to announce Iron Man, Spidey, Cap, and a couple other familiars. Ordinarily, past trends would have me believe you, but I'm thinking positive this year, and I'm positive that we'll see something new instead of the same ol' same ol'. Time will tell.

The attention to detail on Thor alongside all those other lines really shows that they have respect for the line that really started this craze and that they are listening to us. Last year was a bit of a dark and bumpy road, but mark your Chinese calendars, as this year will be the year of the Minimate!

I couldn't agree more, drgnrbrn316! And I am absolutely beside myself that DST is honoring the Multiverse. Big kudos to Ady, Danny, and the staff for making the MMMV finally hit the big time. I see many great things to come for this wonderful site.

Not only do we get Thor, MMMV is getting exclusive unveiling rights!!

Did AA just decide to throw some credit our way or did you have to buy this Ady?

The offer came from DST, AA don't handle the marketing of any Minimates bar Speed Racer and Kelloggs at present.

Wow, I thought I would be happier. To be honest, I have mixed emotions. While I LOVE Thor and can't wait to get my hands on that figure. It's just hard to settle for Fabio Thor after falling in love with Ultimate Thor. Not only did he rule in the comics, but then playing through all of Marvel: UA with Ultimate Thor, it's just kind of disappointing to settle for goldielocks Thor. But as I said, I'll still be first in line to pick him up :). Maybe we will see "Ultimate Thor" Variant? neo

+1

Any version of Thor rocks though. Having been raised a "pagan", I might be considered bias though. lol

So basically to get to the Avenger mates we gotta wade through the X3 set which isnt so bad and the DREADED Ghost Rider movie set?

I can honestly say that the gr movie mates are the FIRST set which I dont have ANY intrest at all in. But I will buy them as I have every other set

Yes! Thor!!!

Sweet, sweet Avengers love :)

And whilst I do love basking in reflected glory, I must stress that MMMV being part of the announcement cycle is all down to him and not me. Well done Ady my man *raises pint glass*