UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Trek Minimates Announced!

Here's a link to modeller's custom (added figures and light-box diorama) of the AMT/ERTL U.S.S. Enterprise Command Bridge model to whet your appetite. Keep in mind that the figures depicted are 2" tall and then imagine your minimates storming this beauty!

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:tvwsD...36&ie=UTF-8

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... I really like the choices they've made but I'm sorry theres no nameless red shirt for away team adventures fatalities. poor scotty I imagine he will be decapitated many times

Ah, but if the variant Bones figure is packed with Scotty, then there's an extra Scotty for ya. A simple head swap and you've got yourself some Gorn food! (Gorn not included)

For those of us who aren't radicals, and who don't want to be radicals, can someone post a list of the two packs? (NO pics, I know)

Alpheon, the announced line-up is:

Capt Pike & Orion Slave Girl

Capt Kirk & Mr Spock

Scotty & Dr McCoy

chase: Dress Uniform McCoy

I assume the chase McCoy goes with Scotty.

Hey Ady. I know this isn't a solicitation, but is this announcement enough to warrant a dedicated Trek forum? B)

Seen as I'd imagine its gonna generate more traffic than Kellogs, Rocky and 24 Im quite tempted to "make it so"

Thoughts?

Number 1, engage!!! These look pretty freakin cool. Man it's like from Dumb and Daumber, "you go and TOTALLY redeem yourself!!!"

That salute hand is just too cool. I'm glad DST started off simple with these mates and didn't go too crazy; the slave girl was a welcome edition. :biggrin:

Glomit

P.S. How long have we had a Trek section?

.... I really like the choices they've made but I'm sorry theres no nameless red shirt for away team adventures fatalities. poor scotty I imagine he will be decapitated many times

Ah, but if the variant Bones figure is packed with Scotty, then there's an extra Scotty for ya. A simple head swap and you've got yourself some Gorn food! (Gorn not included)

Hey, if the Gorn were 9 feet tall, I'd be set! I can imagine the Gorn being 9 feet tall... ;)

Has there been any kind of "official" word on if they are going to cover all the Star Trek series because if they release Borg Minimates or Klingons then i will seriously have to consider taking up Minimate army building...

Given the success of the Cylon invasion, I would hope AA and friends would consider army building as an option when its pertinent. A Star Trek aliens collection, featuring a few different versions of Borgs, Romulans, Klingons, etc would make for an interesting release. And much like the Classic vs. Modern Cylon boxes, they could do a TOS vs. TNG vs. Enterprise (Voyager and DS9 pretty much hold most the same types as TNG)

Edit: Just looked at the pictures, and I'm happy with these guys. They kept the facial detail simple, they seem to come with accessories, and they're in scale with most of the minimate universe. They, you toss in the custom value and you got a real winner on your hands. I imagine, future universes are going to hinge on whether these heavy hitters can sell. You've got just about all the main characters in one release, meaning they'll be dragging bottom by wave 3 of TOS. I look forward to an army of redshirts to flood my webcomic.

These guys look like fun. I always liked the 3" ones, but didn't buy many, because I didn't care for the size. Sure, it looks like they may have had to reduce accurateness due to he size, but you can still tell who they are. And they do have some different facial expressions there, which is always cool for customizing.

Hey, if the Gorn were 9 feet tall, I'd be set! I can imagine the Gorn being 9 feet tall... ;)

Funny that you mention a Gorn in this line....

I'll most likely get these for supporting ST mimimates, especially if Wave 2 is next gen. Orion girl's hair is already going toward a polaris custom.

Uh.... it looks to be the pre-existing Dark Phoenix/Firestar/Kitty Pride hairpiece to me.

I really like the accessories. Three different phasers along with the tricorder and communicator. I also like the little cuffs on their pant legs (which I'm aware were on the old ones, but everything's cuter in 2" scale).

It's great to be getting most of the heavies right away, as far as I'm concerned. Of course, I'd definitely want wave 2 to include Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura (maybe Nurse Chapel too, why not). And here's hoping this line keeps going and we get some Next Generation mates too. In addition to wanting the main seven, I'd really like an extra Patrick Stewart head to put on my blue suit Professor X to complete the movie look.

These mates rock can't wait to put 2 in Kirk next to 3 in Kirk! I hope this line last long enough to start making TNG. Of course any star trek line would be cool, Minimate DS9, Minimate from the Movies! Well except for minimates from the motion picture.

• 6 months later...

Well, according to DST's website, wave 1 of Star Trek TOS minimates is scheduled to arrive next week:

" Each case will include 4 x Captain Kirk & Spock, 4 x Captain Pike & Vina, 3 x Scotty & Dr. McCoy and 1 x Scotty & Dress Uniform McCoy!

Price: $83.88

Preorder Item: We are currently accepting preorders for this item.

Estimated Availability Date: 7/25/2007

add_to_cart.jpg"

Anybody on the west coast get anything or hear anything concerning these guys? Seeing as how you west coasters seem to get DST merchandise a week earlier than the rest of us. Any info would be great.