UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NEW Target Rolling Stock!

AdyCarter

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random Happiness Giveaway! (te he he)

I scored three Ghost Rider/DareDevil 2 packs from Target yesterday. The first three people (who haven't gotten a set already) to post in this thread with the phrase "blarg blarg honk" will get one for free :D

Thanks Ady and JL for letting me have my own little giveaway :)

Howdy all, I just registered and this is my first post here. I'm a regular on the RTM Toy Buzz and some other forums, and though I've been collecting action figures for over two decades (I'm 28), I'm very new to Minimates.

I just bought my second Minimate Daredevil/Ghost Rider 2-pack (of the ones we're talking about that are currently available at Target), and both Daredevils have had a waist that slides right off the central peg. I returned the first one since it was so bad, and this one is a little bit tighter but not much. Is this a common problem with these, or just my bad luck? How were the older Minimate Daredevils' waists? Assuming I don't return this one, how can I tighten it so it still swivels but doesn't slide off so easily?

For what it's worth, I'm keeping my collection small, and focused on characters I like. I have Spider-Man and brown Wolverine from that Target 2-pack, Iceman and yellow Wolverine (I'd happily trade the yellow one), DD and Ghost Rider (I'd happily trade Ghost Rider), Catwoman from the C3 Batglider, and Green Lantern John Stewart. I'm looking forward to Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, JACK BAUER, Buffy and Angel characters (was this officially announced yet?), and of course I'd love to get Flash and Martian Manhunter, but who wouldn't?

Think you were just unlucky Lou, (welcome to the board by the way).

If you're looking to get more minimates I suggest you check out the want/have thread in the fleas market. Plenty of good trades to be had there.

The Targets in my area (Memphis, TN) have the Darktide set on clearance for $3.74 now.

Just thought I'd throw that little bit of info out there in case anyone hadn't picked it up yet.

I picked an extra set up when I saw them for that cheap the other day. Now I have 3 Darktide dvds. What will I do with the extras?

The Targets in my area (Memphis, TN) have the Darktide set on clearance for $3.74 now.

Just thought I'd throw that little bit of info out there in case anyone hadn't picked it up yet.

I picked an extra set up when I saw them for that cheap the other day. Now I have 3 Darktide dvds. What will I do with the extras?

I have those minimates, but I don't have that DVD. Would you be willing to let one go? I've never even seen it.

Speaking of Target - do they ever get variant packs? Or are variants strictly specialty shop items? I've never come across variants at Target, and paying $20 at my local shop is something I'd REALLY like to not have to do...

Variants are only available through each wave, which hit the specialty shops, as you guessed. You can try searching some of the online retailers, as they sometimes run for cheaper, depending on the wave and the figure. Closest Target or TRU ever got to variants is the Blue Suit Professor and the rereleased Giant-Sized X-Men at Target and the Ultimate Green Goblin at TRU.

Variants are only available through each wave, which hit the specialty shops, as you guessed. You can try searching some of the online retailers, as they sometimes run for cheaper, depending on the wave and the figure. Closest Target or TRU ever got to variants is the Blue Suit Professor and the rereleased Giant-Sized X-Men at Target and the Ultimate Green Goblin at TRU.

Sigh... that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info.

Yeah I think the whole target line is just the astonishing x-men and the daredevil/punisher. No variants. I'm sure we would have known by now of any. I have searched all targets. All of them were pleasantly stocked. Everything was the same stuff though. 2 pack of cyclops/emma frost, collosus/wolverine, daredevil/punisher, etc. I wish they could come up with something else. I notice though that my comic store near me sells different kinds of packs from the series 12 & 13. I guess thats why they call it target exclusives. I liked the exclusives they had with nightcrawler/colossus. I'm lucky i had found those at the time. Cuz now people are selling them on e-bay for 30 bucks!!!! grrrr. lol. I am so lucky i got that 2 pack. And also lucky i got the 2 pack of i think it was wolverine/iceman. Or maybe it was cyclops/storm? These are all classic x-men packs by the way. Just exclusives off of the giant x-men series minimates they had made a while back.

Do you think Target will come out with exclusives for the ghost rider movie figs and also the x-men movie minimate figs as well?

~Kev

FoM8,

Dont forget that the GR/DD pack is new to us with different versions of the characters than we've seen before.

I think that eventually we will see more 'simple repaint' type exclusives from Target but it's a known fact we won't see the 'speciality chases' at target ever. DST is very adamant they wont be rereleased elsewhere than their initial release with the wave.

T.