UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

That pissed me off so much. I never had a chance to enter it, then, by a fluke, the bottle of Mt. Dew I got out of the vending machine at work had a code I could enter!! But the contest expired later that night, and my work computer blocked the website I had to enter the code into. I get home - our internet was out!! I called my friends - no one answered their phones. I sent frantic texts & left panicked voicemails. Everyone ignored me. Finally, the girl I was dating at the time called me up, went on her laptop...15 minutes past the expiration time (d*mn Eastern time difference).

I was so pissed at my friends for standing me up in my time of need. I only wanted one of those d*mn Pepsi Primes, since I don't have any form of G1 Optimus. Not the original, not the reissue, not the Encore. :(

Anyone have an extra?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, don't feel too bad. I entered 500 codes (the maximum allowed) and I only got one. I do know a couple guys who wound up winning more than one. I'll ask them if they'd be willing to let one go. Expect a PM about it soon.

That would be awesome, man.

(Especially if they were willing to part with it for the MSRP of $25...or less... :biggrin:)

I just got a Jazz repaint (thanks TM2) and I gave it to my nephew and when he transformed it and everything was cool except for the his head it wouldn't stay up it kept falling forward. Any thoughts or help anyone could offer would be greatly apppreciated thanks :)

I just got a Jazz repaint (thanks TM2) and I gave it to my nephew and when he transformed it and everything was cool except for the his head it wouldn't stay up it kept falling forward. Any thoughts or help anyone could offer would be greatly apppreciated thanks :)

His head is part of his "Auto-Morph" feature, you just need to make sure that you lock the roof of the car in place on the back. Keep pushing the roof until you feel it click into place, then the neck piece should stay correctly.

Gah, I'm having a hard time deciding which store to get the Transformers DVD from next week. It seems like every retailer out there has their own exclusive stuff to go with it. Plus, to add some fire to my indicisiveness, I just found out that Target is offering a free five dollar gift card. Although, if I've read this source correctly, that's only with the standard single-disc version. I'm seriously thinking about buying at least three copies from different stores, taking the exclusive stuff and trying to sell off the extra DVDs.

Gah, I'm having a hard time deciding which store to get the Transformers DVD from next week. It seems like every retailer out there has their own exclusive stuff to go with it. Plus, to add some fire to my indicisiveness, I just found out that Target is offering a free five dollar gift card. Although, if I've read this source correctly, that's only with the standard single-disc version. I'm seriously thinking about buying at least three copies from different stores, taking the exclusive stuff and trying to sell off the extra DVDs.

I'm buying two; the one from Target with the transforming case and the one from Best Buy with the exclusive Robot Heroes (hopefully at least one of those is the two disc set. I think the Target one is, but I've heard mixed reports.). And depending on reviews for the prequel disc, I may just pick up the Walmart version later on down the line.

*Sigh* let's just hope that the inevitable collector's edition/special edition/extended edition/director's cut/whatever they'll call it doesn't come out too soon then.

I'm hoping the Best Buy robot heroes are a give away and not a pack in.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=153814

The 2-disc special edition DVD set with Robot Heroes Cliffjumper and Battle Damaged Optimus Prime will be available for $29.99. There is a minimum of 10 sets guaranteed per store, with no rainchecks.

That makes it sound like they are pack-ins.

$30 for two Robot Heroes is a bit much, but I'll be getting the Metallic Megatron too, so at least I'll save $5 from that.

The Target DVD with transforming case will be on sale for $24.99, so that means I'll be spending $70 next Tuesday (Target DVD, Best Buy DVD and Metallic Megs). Ouch.

Well, to throw in my 2 cents: I grew up loving the Transformers as a kid, and like TM2 Dinobot, I thought the movie was pretty much complete trash (though I only saw it once, so my opinion may be less finely tuned). Of course, this wasn't helped by the fact that I absolutely love film, and thus, hate every damn thing that Michael Bay stands for. . .but what this all comes down to is that I, for one, won't be buying this DVD.

To be positive, though, I really, really liked Megatron in this movie, despite him not having Welker's voice. If only he had more screen time. His line about, "you always fail me, Starscream," or whatever, was gold, and his quip about wanting 2 pieces of Jazz: priceless. The rest of the movie, to me, could pretty much be summed up with Bumblebee pissing on John Turturo. And really, that's what Michael Bay does. He pisses on what John Turturo is and should stand for, though with ol' John's career choices in recent years, I'm beginning to wonder. . .

(BTW, I just posted a trade "reply," and I have a Pepsi Prime and a few other TFs listed there--take a look-see)

My local Best Buy said that each store is only getting about 10 of each metallic figure. That's gonna suck!

All of the stores in my area got one of each. :angry:

That's odd, considering a case is two of each. I think your stores had some eager stockboys who may have found a new home for the toys.

My problems are -

That I want the 2-Disc Suncoast exclusive metal case: No Suncoasts left around here.

I want the WalMart Prequel DVD: only comes with the one-disc version.

Sonofa... :angry:

I decided to pass of the Walmart one. Sadly, it's just what I thought it was--the IDW Prequel comic condensed into a 20 min Flash animation, and the only characters that have their voice from the movie are Prime and Bumblebee. Megatron is Frank Welker though, and some of the non-voice actors from the movie do some of the other voices.

The fact I already have two versions of the movie weighs heavily on that decision though. :P

Now that I know the Wal-Mart exclusive disc is lame, I don't feel like I have to have it, so thanks to NightViper for that. As far as I'm concerned, hands down the best exclusive is the Target transforming package.

The whole reason I want it is the fact that Peter Cullen narrates.

From what I've heard, most of the narration is by Mark Ryan. Peter Cullen just does a few lines. I know all the ads say differently, but looking at the comics again, it is mostly narrated by Bumblebee.

Which could be good to, you'd actually be able to hear what Bumblebee sounds like, other than those two lines in the movie. I hear he's actually quite British (which makes sense since Mark Ryan is).

The whole reason I want it is the fact that Peter Cullen narrates.

From what I've heard, most of the narration is by Mark Ryan. Peter Cullen just does a few lines.

I watched Transformers: Beginnings last night & NightViper is absolutely right- Cullen has maybe six lines in the show. Overall it's kind of cool, but nothing that's a "must have" unless you're a hardcore Transformers fan. I really like the design of the outer box that holds the Wal-Mart exclusive set. It's like a panoramic longbox, but it splits down the middle & folds in half so that you can put the DVDs on the shelf. Kind of hard to describe, but worth a look if you happen to be at a Wal-Mart.

My local Best Buy said that each store is only getting about 10 of each metallic figure. That's gonna suck!

All of the stores in my area got one of each. :angry:

That's odd, considering a case is two of each. I think your stores had some eager stockboys who may have found a new home for the toys.

Everywhere I went, they told me they were one each per case and each store told me they got one case.

Everywhere I went, they told me they were one each per case and each store told me they got one case.

Wow, yeah, that's not true. I saw a Best Buy employee open a case, there were four figures in the box--two Megatron and two Ratchet.

Like I said, the workers probably grabbed a few before putting them out. That'd be my guess anyway.