UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Suicide Squad

MisterPL

https://youtu.be/PLLQK9la6Go

I think I'm most impressed with the balls of this movie.

Marvel spent years doing Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America films while building up to their first team flick, The Avengers. DC's first team movie is largely featuring characters audiences have never heard of. The Joker is the hook but otherwise this is a huge gamble on DC's part.

I liked what I saw here. No need for anything else for me. I'm there.

And another thing; I'm not expecting much merchandise from this at all. I sincerely doubt any mass market retailers are jumping at the chance to stock shelves with toys from a movie called Suicide Squad. This'll be specialty only so if DST wants to jump on yet another DC property a la Gotham, this may be the opportunity.

To be honest....I liked it...a lot... Sure, they're not the classic spandex wearing villains we know, and it sure as hell will be kinda corny, but I liked the trailer and I think it has promise. At first I thought that the "costumes" looked too "cheap" but they look kinda cool here. As for minimates, well, I'd be all over them.....all...over....them...

Yeah... DC's cinematic universe is a different creature from Marvel's, and with the feel of the movie, I'm actually digging the designs. I am NOT so fond of Will Smith, but Leto and Robbie stand a good chance of making the movie.

TBH, I kinda got tired of the Marvel formula. Too many corny jokes, too many same plots, etc, etc... I still love them, but they're starting to feel more like live-action comic books than movies based on comic books... Don't crucify me but....Apocalypse is my most anticipated film of next year...*runs away and hides as billions of rocks are thrown before him, like God's almighty hand of Doom*...

I'm just hoping for some diversity in these movie mega-franchises.

DC's definitely got SERIOUS down. Okay, we get it.

Marvel Studios has leaned a little toward action-comedy especially with the relatively light-hearted Guardians of the Galaxy and possibly the upcoming Ant-Man. (If only Big Hero 6 counted.)

Sony's Spider-Man struggled to find a balance between a smart-mouthed superhero and an action flick.

But it's Fox that'll be engineering the diversity train with some pretty solid comic book movies ranging from the venerable X-Men franchise, the Nolan-esque Fantastic Four reboot, and the R-rated Deadpool, which may be the most intentionally hilarious comic book adaptation ever.

I'd really like to see DC offer a SHAZAM! movie that's set in the 1940s, a film that's a contrast from their contemporary fare. I think there's room for some variety within these giant crossover flicks without making the overall brand suffer.

Hey, if the Flash and Green Arrow can coexist on the CW, DC can figure out a way to make this work, too.

Marvel is still the studio that has the comic book film system down in my opinion, its a formula, but the formula is built on bucking the formula, yes the films have a sense of continuity, but that's part of what makes them great, and while comedy is always present, it never overwrites the essence of the film, the Ironman movies are comedic but are still great action movies at their core, Winter Soldier has comedy but is still a politcal thriller, etc.

Guardians and Antman may be the two films that have come the closest to being all-out comedies but Guardians still achieves a thrilling space-opera with real heart and from what i've heard, Antman is a very grounded and relatable story about a father trying to make amends with his daughter.

Now back on topic. This film looks great, Harley looks a little too subdued from the trailer so Im hoping when we get lengthier dialogue from her its a bit more on the crazy side, Joker looks completely terrifying in the best ways possible and that Deadshot suit looks bad ass on camera.

Also El Diablo is perfection, same goes for Boomerang and Waller

LAST last note:

Freaking LOVE that we see Batman in the trailer, even if hes only in one scene, just makes me happy to see that awesome suit in action.

Edited by undeadpool

I'm already more tired of DC's formula than Marvel's. I just can't summon any interest in metal grill Joker and psycho clown stripper Harley.

I can summon lots of interest in psycho clown stripper Harley but actually the whole trailer kinda left me a bit meh whatever. The BvS trailer was much more interesting and the leaked footage of Deadpool as well