UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Doctor Strange Essentials - what are yours?

elhonez

Give that we've got Pumpernick Cumberbund finally cast as the Good Doctor, I thought it relevant to consider those characters that fall under "musts" or classic characters in relation to the series, that you think should be MiniMates. There have been no doubt all sorts of rarities and also-rans (I'm looking at you, Silver Dagger, Zom, etc.), but I'm trying to assess what the "duh" characters are for everyone. Off the top of my head:

Dr. Strange variants:

Astral, Masked version (from when he was called Stephen Sanders), Eye Patch

Allies:

Clea, Wong, the Ancient One

Arch Enemies:

Baron Mordo, Dormammu

Other Key Enemies and Entities:
Nightmare, Eternity, Umar, Shuma Gorath, Mindless Ones

Shuma might seem an oddity to many, but he/it was instrumental in Dr. Strange graduating to become the "Sorceror Supreme" and taking the Ancient One's place, Shuma having possessed the latter & Dr. Strange needing to assert his magical badassery to turn the tide.

Is there anyone else "obvious" I'm missing from his rogue's gallery, or allegiances?

From this list one could bang out a wave: Strange (w/ parts for masked) vs. Mordo; Clea vs. Dormammu (classic); Wong and Ancient One both packed with Mindless Ones. And a box set: Astral Strange, Eternity, Nightmare, Shuma Gorath. That would be pretty sweet.

Cumberbatch hasn't actually been confirmed for the role, correct?

I think it's extremely unlikely we'll ever get a comic Dr. Strange wave or boxset. I would like an astral Strange though. I suppose there are a couple of different ways to do it but I really liked the design Hasbro went with:

astralstrangebox_zpsd3f606f6.jpg

Cumberbatch hasn't been confirmed yet. It's the same situation with Phoenix.

As for the mates, we are severely lacking in Supenatural Marvel figs in general, and as much as I would like to see more, I don't see it happening. The characters are just too obscure.

PS: Funny thing is, I lost my Dormammu (he's somewhere in the house, problem is I don't know where to look) and I've been searching for him for two whole days, with no luck thus far.

I was really hoping we'd get a Shuma Gorath with the MvC3 series, but it was one of the very few that didn't happen before the line ended unfortunately. It's one of those wacky "how will they do it?" scenarios, like MODOK from the same series. Could be very cool.

Nightmare and Umar I've done QCs of in the past that are good enough for now, but of the two I'd really like to see an official Nightmare, because he's a cool character who has menaced many heroes through many appearances.

4933193909_0483958ea5_m.jpg4933787708_66d48fc385_m.jpg

The two I really "can't live without" are classic Baron Mordo and Dormammu, along with Mindless One ABs.

...oh and I forgot I had done Clea as well:

4580086050_5ccb3b3ccd_m.jpg

Mindless Ones and classic dormammu would be my main wants and the only ones I'd remotely see as realistic (and even those I'm not sure have much chance of getting made) though a wong and clea would also be nice.

Add Baron Mordo, and that's my thoughts as well.

Baron Mordo (the animated dr strange movie from a few years ago was bad ass), classic Dormammu w/ mindless ones, Nightmare, Shuma Gorath, I think I remember hearing they actually figured him out for mvc3 but never showed art for it. Oh and anyone he faced with ghost rider and the midnight sons, like Lilith, Zarathos, or I don't know, BLACKHEART

Edit - his blue masked outfit from the midnight sons would be an awesome variant.

Edited by arnim zola

I would LOVE to see any control art for Shuma Gorath that might exist... Zach, if you're reading, are you able to confirm or deny that Shuma was ever on the table for MvC?

And although it's a long shot, I think this Bowen bust of Eternity is amazing - it really shows the potential of the design in 3D:

6ocx1s.jpg

Edited by elhonez

• 3 weeks later...