UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2015 (April 24 - 26)

Was hoping for this stupid team so I can move on to ranting about another Marvel team, but it seems I'll have to wait. Uncanny Now, Revolution, etc etc etc.

In the mean time, Iron Spider and Gwen looks amazing, and I'm glad we're getting a nice looking Iron Man costume.

But another Electro? Come on... At least redo Vulture or Kraven.

I would kill for a modern Moon Knight though.

Moon Knight is a C-Lister just like Dazzler

A C-Lister with a highly reviewed current solo, and 5 others before. So I wouldn't say that he's just like Dazzler, who's had, like, 1 solo and is currently appearing in no books.

Dazzler is appearing in Uncanny X-men as a new member of Scott's team after Mystique kidnapped her and used her to make MGH.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hoping for this stupid team so I can move on to ranting about another Marvel team, but it seems I'll have to wait. Uncanny Now, Revolution, etc etc etc.

In the mean time, Iron Spider and Gwen looks amazing, and I'm glad we're getting a nice looking Iron Man costume.

But another Electro? Come on... At least redo Vulture or Kraven.

Moon Knight is a C-Lister just like Dazzler

A C-Lister with a highly reviewed current solo, and 5 others before. So I wouldn't say that he's just like Dazzler, who's had, like, 1 solo and is currently appearing in no books.
Dazzler is appearing in Uncanny X-men as a new member of Scott's team after Mystique kidnapped her and used her to make MGH.

Not currently though. Both she and the CXS kids haven't appeared since the "Xavier's Will" story arc concluded. And even then, most of her panel time was Mystique disguising as her and then she resorted to being a background character. Edited by Kostisfire

You're completely delusional if you think Moon Knight is somehow less (or more) of a C-lister than Dazzler. I get you have a favorite character but let's not go nuts here. Neither one of them are known by the mainstream populace and saying he has a high selling comic right now doesn't exactly help his q-rating since comic sales have been dwindling for years now.

That's the first I've heard, we're getting a 10 character Marvel SDCC set? If so, I would bet almost anything that it's going to be Spider-Verse.

Has it been stated if the Marvel animation stuff is considered a seperate line, or is it going to be sharing slots with the comic waves?

I'm all for Moon Knight getting more exposure, but keep in mind DST had no plans for Winter Soldier until the title for Captain America 2 was announced.

You're completely delusional if you think Moon Knight is somehow less (or more) of a C-lister than Dazzler. I get you have a favorite character but let's not go nuts here. Neither one of them are known by the mainstream populace and saying he has a high selling comic right now doesn't exactly help his q-rating since comic sales have been dwindling for years now.

I'm just saying, he hasn't had a mate since Wave 29 while Dazzler got one in 47. His current book is doing well and he has two costumes to choose from, both of whom are very easy to make, since they require no new sculpts.

Plus, Dazzler's previous mate was perfect while his was so-so, thus, he needs an update far more than her. You can't even turn his head or have him grab his crescent moons. Plus, I don't think that you should call people "completely delusional" just for having a different opinion.

That's the first I've heard, we're getting a 10 character Marvel SDCC set? If so, I would bet almost anything that it's going to be Spider-Verse.

Has it been stated if the Marvel animation stuff is considered a seperate line, or is it going to be sharing slots with the comic waves?

I'm all for Moon Knight getting more exposure, but keep in mind DST had no plans for Winter Soldier until the title for Captain America 2 was announced.

It's in the SDCC a speculation thread I believe. As for MK, all I'm saying is that he got a cool new costume and he could use the update. A second Dazzler was not needed this soon. Neither a second Maestro, Old Man Logan or Ultron for that matter, but these are classic looks that are appearing in Secret Wars.

Easy Disco Dazzler, while ridiculous, is memorable and visually interesting. It makes for a good toy.

Moon knight is a guy in a white suit and white mask. It's plain and doesn't make for an interesting toy. He needs to be more popular to make up for that. If he gets a show than his chances go way up.

Easy Disco Dazzler, while ridiculous, is memorable and visually interesting. It makes for a good toy.

Moon knight is a guy in a white suit and white mask. It's plain and doesn't make for an interesting toy. He needs to be more popular to make up for that. If he gets a show than his chances go way up.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, it's just an iconic look. Whenever you see "custom Dazzler" in any toy line, that's the version that's done.

Alpha Flight was full of colorful characters and we all saw how that turned out. Thundercats as well, and all sets apart from 1 are still in-stock at most places. Had it been modern Dazzler I wouldn't have complained, but getting another one while characters like Black Panther, MK and Beast are in dire need of an update is absurd.

Currently, MK's got 3 costumes. A bone-armour, a super-hero outfit and his pimp suit. He's by no means popular, but he has a small but devoted fan base and Marvel is clearly trying to promote him. And yeah, I think a solo puts him a tiny teeny bit in front of Alisson in terms of popularity. Not a ton, but still.

Anyway, those that are happy with a new Dazzler, good for you. I'm getting Arno, Carol, Howard and Gwen so I'm not complaining, but I still want MK. Others campaign for X-Factor, others for Stryfe and others for Squirell Girl. I just want a new Moon Knight is all.

I don't campaign for Stryfe personally, I'm mostly just bewildered that we have had approximately 19 Cables and 2, I repeat, 2!! Domino 'mates, but not Cable's arch-enemy? Explanation Please!!

WHY ISNT ANYONE EXCITED THAT WE ARE GETTING A NEW IRON SPIDER WITH! ARM TENTICLE THINGS?!?!

I've never been a huge fan of that costume, I feel like 2099 needed the update a lot more, but I'm glad for those who want him.

I don't campaign for Stryfe personally, I'm mostly just bewildered that we have had approximately 19 Cables and 2, I repeat, 2!! Domino 'mates, but not Cable's arch-enemy? Explanation Please!!

WHY ISNT ANYONE EXCITED THAT WE ARE GETTING A NEW IRON SPIDER WITH! ARM TENTICLE THINGS?!?!

I've never been a huge fan of that costume, I feel like 2099 needed the update a lot more, but I'm glad for those who want him.
Plus 3 Cannonballs and 2 Shatterstars. I know, I'm confused as well.

As for Iron Spider, I'll try to get two in order to repaint them and give them to my Superior. But yeah, I'd have preferred 2099. Let's just hope that he's in the next wave.

i think, though i'm not completely positive, that Disco Dazzler will be a main character in the upcoming A-Force series... so, there's that.

I, too, would have liked some updated Uncanny looks, name Magneto and Magik, but i'm happy with a lot of the Marvel characters coming out... Dazzler, Howard, Spider-Gwen, and Captain Marvel are on the top of my list.

That Old Man Logan clock would be great for a Mastermind custom. has it been used before?

Edited by CortherX

i think, though i'm not completely positive, that Disco Dazzler will be a main character in the upcoming A-Force series... so, there's that.

I, too, would have liked some updated Uncanny looks, name Magneto and Magik, but i'm happy with a lot of the Marvel characters coming out... Dazzler, Howard, Spider-Gwen, and Captain Marvel are on the top of my list.

She's in A-Force but I don't think she's a main character. NuThor, She-Hulk, Medusa, Spider-Woman and Rogue have been mostly advertised. Edited by Kostisfire

My two cents:

These ALL look great. I won't be buying ALL of them, but they DO look great.

Animated GotG make me glad I held off on the film versions - I'm liking these better. May repaint Rocket, though.

Animated Spider-Man will likely be a pass, but there may be some good parts/accessories for customs. We'll see.

Secret Wars is getting us some great figures and great parts, and I hope it continues for a wave or two to allow for more random characters.

Yes please to Marvel NOW Moon Knight, classic Stryfe, and 90's X-Factor