UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Original Sin

rikfenix

Mon Knight doesn't really anchor much.

Well yeah, but he's got a critically acclaimed comic, that's got to account for something right? Marvel really is pushing him TBH. A central place in Original Sin, a new series. I bet he'll join some team down the line as well. As for the set yeah, it's a gamble. But since Iron Man, Cap, Spidey and all the A-Listers are off the TTA table you're left with the B-Listers and currently Moon Knight is a B-Lister i'd say. Maybe low B or really high C but he's had quite a few ongoings over the years, joined various teams and he's known around the comic community.

He's no Thor but with Sitwell mentioning Egypt in TWS and Marvel going for the street-heroes in 2015, i bet Moon Knight will be elevated. My point is that even if he can't anchor a box set (which i think he somewhat can for the reasons listed above and because all of these costumes are sick as hell) i hope that he at least gets a new mate in an Original Sin set if it happens (it probably will). And then make an All-New Marvel Now! series with:

Allred Style Surfer/Robbie Ghost Rider

Loki/Captain Marvel

Moon Knight (White Suit)/Scarlet Spider (he's in New Warriors)

Moon Knight (bone armor-Khonshu)/Punisher

You have three big names: Loki, Punisher and Scarlet Spider (to most he's red Spider-Man), the Surfer

And a couple of awesome and much wanted B-Listers: Moon Knight, Marvel and the Rider

Now, a231658ff6bd1e22490aef15a8613995c0f5f9b0

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel is always pushing Moon Knight and he never gains any traction. I like the character a lot and if the new series is doing well that's great (though critically acclaimed doesn't equal popular) but I can't imagine DST ever devoting more than one spot in a boxset or wave to him. Anything more than that for a C-list hero would be a huge risk.

I know, I know. But hey, it never hurts to dream right? Realistically I could see him getting a slot in an all-new marvel now! Wave and in an Original Sin set. Other than that, yeah, I don't see it. But you've got to admit, Moon Knight has some of the most kick-ass costumes in comics and one of the best backgrounds to boot. He also punches ghosts in the face (take that batman).

While I don't think anyone in their right mind would consider him an 'anchor' character, Moon Knight is VERY visually appealing and definitely worthy of another mate IMO. Love the original version and was extremely lucky to find that pack for 8 bucks at NYCC in 2012.

Black Panther however I never could find and have held off on buying the original due to the price and hope DST would make a new one eventually. Yeah, it's been a long wait!

While I don't think anyone in their right mind would consider him an 'anchor' character, Moon Knight is VERY visually appealing and definitely worthy of another mate IMO. Love the original version and was extremely lucky to find that pack for 8 bucks at NYCC in 2012.

Black Panther however I never could find and have held off on buying the original due to the price and hope DST would make a new one eventually. Yeah, it's been a long wait!

Yeah, Moon Knight is one of my favorite mates as well. A misfortune i always have with figures i like however, is that sooner or later they will break down. For example:

-Moon Knight's shoulder has started to crack.

-My MVC3 Spidey had the blue rubbed off of his left arm.

-The same happened to Dormammu.

-My orginal strange had the black rubbed off of his feet.

-Same happened to my Valkyrie.

I could list more but you get the point. Strange thing is, that happens only to figures i like. Mates such as Longshot that i have no special attachment to, are still like new!

As for the Panther, I bought one through ebay and then my Secret Santa sent me another (which was extremely helpful since the one i bought from ebay had really, really, really loose joints) and while i like the fig he could use an update.

Edited by Kostisfire

So Longshot is still like new? Lol. I like that mate! Know how you feel. Some of my favorite mates have seen better days. Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is missing his wristbands, Meg-Rage Hulk an arm and poor Neo-Classic Iron Man is falling apart completely in every conceivable way. Didn't all happen naturally though - my faves will often be on my shelf and end up as knock hockey toys for my lowlife cats! The ignored like Puppet Master and assorted civilians though are stashed away and kept like collector's items so go figure.

Cool you have a Panther, been looking for him since I started collecting mates and saw him on MMDB. Have run across the Zombie one but want a classic.

Edited by rikfenix

So Longshot is still like new? Lol. I like that mate! Know how you feel. Some of my favorite mates have seen better days. Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is missing his wristbands, Meg-Rage Hulk an arm and poor Neo-Classic Iron Man is falling apart completely in every conceivable way. Didn't all happen naturally though - my faves will often be on my shelf and end up as knock hockey toys for my lowlife cats! The ignored like Puppet Master and assorted civilians though are stashed away and kept like collector's items so go figure.

Cool you have a Panther, been looking for him since I started collecting mates and saw him on MMDB. Have run across the Zombie one but want a classic.

My Johhny Rider had all the blue rubbed off if him so I repaints the skull and made a quick custom modern Blaze. As for the Panther I'm sure he'll get released close to 2015. He's a part of OS, the central character of New Avengers and if rumors are to be believed will get his own film and comic series. A New Avengers wave would be pretty great actually:

New suit Mr Fantastic/Black Swan

Black Panther/Namor (he could use an update)

Beast/Doc Strange (new suit)

Maximus/a new Doom

The way I see it, you get two new characters, a necessary redo, three characters in their modern costumes and some big names that will appeal to newer collectors.

Maybe one moon knight with some alternate parts?

Base figure with black mask and costume tampos with alternate Khonshu arms, legs, mask, and sculpted armor? Or else the costume tampo would be under the white suit coat with a cape, cowl, black mask, arms, and legs to swap him out. Either way, it would mean a LOT of extra parts but not really anything more intense than your other transforming characters. You'd only get two of the three looks, either way, but two out of three ain't bad.

Maybe one moon knight with some alternate parts?

Base figure with black mask and costume tampos with alternate Khonshu arms, legs, mask, and sculpted armor? Or else the costume tampo would be under the white suit coat with a cape, cowl, black mask, arms, and legs to swap him out. Either way, it would mean a LOT of extra parts but not really anything more intense than your other transforming characters. You'd only get two of the three looks, either way, but two out of three ain't bad.

The first option would be pretty great actually. The new costume is quite easy to customize so i'd prefer to get the new armors that require more painting and sculpting. How i can see it done:

Plain black arms, legs, torso, hip piece and mask with face tampo. Then, for the heroic look you get sculpted boots, gauntlets, mask, cape and armor.

Now, since the Khonshu suit is supposed to bulk him up it's be just sculpted pieces that go over the plain arms. Sculpted gauntlets, boots, shoulder pads, cape, mask with hood, hip pieces and body armor.

I see it kinda like a Halo fig. All black with tons of armor and a couple of extra bits and pieces.

There ya go! It'd be a LOT of pieces, sure, but it'd make one HELL of a mate.

Maybe they could throw in a white tampo'd face to make suited moon knight

Yeah, but then you'd need white arms, legs, hip piece, feet, hands, jacket and torso with details. So basically you'd need to put a wave's worth of accessories in a 2-pack.

Well, what I was thinking was that you could slap the new white head onto some existing parts. White and, legs, and a suit coat can't be TOO hard to come by

That way you need a Mr. Negative, white hands, a white chestblock and a white tie. I've already made myself a suited Moon Knight and that's what i used (plus some painting).

... as long as we get THE ORB!!!

Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_54.jpg

You... you just DON'T know evil... until you have a minimate of the Orb. I believe Mysterios helmet would be a good start towards an Orb minimate making it's way to our toy shelves.

Also love some of Mnemosis suggestions for a specialty wave... especially Mindless Ones! would gladly take another Panther too and Watcher could be an amazing minimate.

Very excited to see what comes of this.

Well, what I was thinking was that you could slap the new white head onto some existing parts. White and, legs, and a suit coat can't be TOO hard to come by

That way you need a Mr. Negative, white hands, a white chestblock and a white tie. I've already made myself a suited Moon Knight and that's what i used (plus some painting).

Maybe this is the trick to Minimate BaFs...two or three figures that come with parts for alternate looks, but when you combine all of THOSE parts, they make a unique additional figure.

Maybe this is the trick to Minimate BaFs...two or three figures that come with parts for alternate looks, but when you combine all of THOSE parts, they make a unique additional figure.

Well, we are having blind bags, maybe BaF is next.

Nice work! Very cool custom. One of many on here.. still blown away by that awesome Nightmare someone posted a few weeks back!

Very excited about the chance to get this guy if this set/ wave does indeed happen, and unfortunately has not been confirmed yet but still. There is hope at least. When I brought up Orb on wishlists recently I didn't think there was any chance we'd actually get him, so obscure I almost left him off..