UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRUs Minimates -what happens now?

I think that I have bought at least 15 (maybe 20?) 2-packs at TRU with the half price plus 20 - 30% off coupons.

Finally found Wave 18 packs, but I was about 90 miles form where I live (King of Prussia Mall in PA - I was nearby on business).

I have yet to find a SF vs Tekken set I would buy, even for custom fodder.

Still haven't bought the Boomer set - even bought the Omega Red set.

Good Ghostbusters reference!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was ST,TWD,SFvT,Wolverine,Marvel

I agree with YB that SFvT has a lot to do with this.

SFvsT are now $2.78 in store this week with the new 30% off coupon.

And apparently they also just got another case of the SFvT as they now had three pegs completely full as well as a peg half full.

The Street Fighter Vs Tekken line is pretty crappy but for $2.78 it's not a bad purchase especially the ones with Ken & Guile.

It looks like the Street Fighter vs. Tekken sets and the Star Treks are still having a hard time selling despite the new low prices.

I have yet to find a SF vs Tekken set I would buy, even for custom fodder.

Guys, it’s “X” not “Vs” you see Capcom (SF’s owners) and Namco (Tekken’s owners) have made several RPGs called “Capcom X Namco” so the “X” (pronounced “cross”) is a continuation of that.

the line might suck (I love Street Fighter and I’m agreeing it sucked)but that’s no reason to we should lower ourselves to posting incorrect titles

Edited by dr baghead

What it is is not selling, even at clearance prices. Who cares how we refer to it?

I cares! It’s a product that has an actual name,one that’s no harder to type than SFvT and easier to type than SFvsT, the only reason to use a “V” or “Vs” is because you don’t know better, and shouldn’t we all strive to apply new facts we’ve learned to be the best we can be?

If I was saying “I saw some Star Wars minimates, all Kirk and Sisko, no Janeways or Picards left” someone would correct me. If I said “I found the Tomb Robber wave, only Laura was left no Savages two packs” I’d be corrected.

Not selling or not it’s still got a proper title, so let’s all call it either “SFxT” because it’s been pointed out it’s the right title OR just decided it doesn’t deserve a real name and call it “crappy Street Fighters” (CSF for short) "Worst Pegwarmers in Minimate History” and completely erase it’s legacy from history.

Edited by dr baghead

I got the Resistance pack and the MAX Divers for one cent each! Grabbed a bunch of other things for parts, needed to get my fix since I still haven't seen wave 18. Got a ton of Capcom Sentinels that I'm looking forward to painting. Spent under twenty bucks on eight two packs. Unfortunately, the stands were missing from all of my packs, grrrr.....

I don't think we were including stands with every set back then. But for 1 cent...

Actually, there was a clear stand included in the Sentinel/Ryu pack. Somebody at my TRU constantly buys stuff and returns it with parts missing, but that's a story for another day

scored 3 more ultron drones ,and 3 more Hydra elites today(who needs a winter soldier and/or Wolverine?)

I really wish the Hydras were the same colors as the ones from Wave 29

so you were the guy who beat me to Bellevue Saturday? THANKS:;

Personally, I'm going to stick with "Worst Pegwarmers in Minimate History." But that's just me.

Ooooh, that’s better and more accurate. I’ll edit my old post.

Worst pegwarmers I've seen during this sale were Capcom Wolvie & Viewtiful Joe, and w16 Wolvie & Reaper. SFxT are pretty sparse to sold out at my TRU's.

fixed that for you.

Personally, I'm going to stick with "Worst Pegwarmers in Minimate History." But that's just me.

Ooooh, that’s better and more accurate. I’ll edit my old post.

Worst pegwarmers I've seen during this sale were Capcom Wolvie & Viewtiful Joe, and w16 Wolvie & Reaper. SFxT are pretty sparse to sold out at my TRU's.

fixed that for you.

I lose track of who's trying to multiply with each other. Back in my day we would just say they were trying to f@#$ each other up, not multiply. So if I'm "lowering myself" by saying SFvT, I'll just quietly go back to tending my lawn I so diigently keep you whippersnappers off of.

Whilst we're at it I would like to remind everybody that the continual reference to Street Fighter Minimates is becoming tiresome .....could we please stick to 'Street Fighter II featuring Darkstalkers ' ...... rolleyes.gif .......& if I catch anybody mentioning 'Lord of the Rings' without the 'The' at the beginning.... you are in serious trouble dry.png

yes.gif Actually I would never have realised about the 'X' in SF X T .....I'm amongst those that have been quite rightly put right thumbsup.gif

Back to business .......... we are few but I think a lot of us (?) here see the same things wrong at TRU which are capable of being fixed ...what would you do if you were able to ? In my book the product (Minimates) is very saleable albeit not every Minimate line is infallible,the customers for them are there & the infrastructure at TRU is there ....so what's going to make things better ?

Worst pegwarmers I've seen during this sale were Capcom Wolvie & Viewtiful Joe, and w16 Wolvie & Reaper. SFvT are pretty sparse to sold out at my TRU's.

I've been trying to figure out why the Wolvie/Reaper set sits there ? In the case of Wolverine IMHO it's his mask & the pack ought display him sans mask & with hair ....the mask isn't the best we've had (I'm being polite) . The Reaper is far more important ,the figure suffers from the lack of a moulded torso ,the 'square standard' just doesn't 'fit' the figure which would be forgivable if we hadn't seen a range of Minimates called 'Battle Beasts' where every* bloody beast had a moulded chest glare.gif

*the more alert will notice that I have forgotten 'Zik' .......oh how I wish I could !

Also PLMK if my post sounds :

a. sarcastic

b. constructive

c. destructive

d. optimistic

e. pessimistic

f. other

g. All of the above.

I love that this thread has transformed from a doomsday thread to a shopping thread.

See what happens when you leave us alone for like a month with no news? Chaos! Mass hysteria! Cats and dogs, living together!
Wait, you're reading this thread? Why are you posting doomsday observations over in the Ask DST thread? To recap: TRU will have new Minimates this year. Sometimes a sale is just a sale.

And I know the SFxT characters are occasionally obscure, and don't come with a ton of accessories, but calling it a bad line is a bit unfair. Call them pegwarmers, but those are some fantastic Minimates, IMHO. If you can get them for under a buck, I recommend it. Some fun sets.

I love that this thread has transformed from a doomsday thread to a shopping thread.

See what happens when you leave us alone for like a month with no news? Chaos! Mass hysteria! Cats and dogs, living together!
Wait, you're reading this thread? Why are you posting doomsday observations over in the Ask DST thread?

tongue.png

And I know the SFxT characters are occasionally obscure, and don't come with a ton of accessories, but calling it a bad line is a bit unfair. Call them pegwarmers, but those are some fantastic Minimates, IMHO. If you can get them for under a buck, I recommend it. Some fun sets.

I don't know how anyone could hate a line that gave us 1) Guile 2) Cammy 3) a fully-scultped Minimate bear. I think SFxT was a ton of fun, and very underappreciated.

Worst pegwarmers I've seen during this sale were Capcom Wolvie & Viewtiful Joe, and w16 Wolvie & Reaper. SFvT are pretty sparse to sold out at my TRU's.

I've been trying to figure out why the Wolvie/Reaper set sits there ? In the case of Wolverine IMHO it's his mask & the pack ought display him sans mask & with hair ....the mask isn't the best we've had (I'm being polite) . The Reaper is far more important ,the figure suffers from the lack of a moulded torso ,the 'square standard' just doesn't 'fit' the figure which would be forgivable if we hadn't seen a range of Minimates called 'Battle Beasts' where every* bloody beast had a moulded chest glare.gif

*the more alert will notice that I have forgotten 'Zik' .......oh how I wish I could !

The best answer: Because it's $1 more. I've scooped up my fair share of extra's, and the Reaper pack is kind of a dog. It's pricier, and not as customizer friendly compared to the other packs. Those legs and odd shaped head, along with Wolvie's claws and no regular hands make it a tougher sell at the higher price. $2.79 works wonders and I'd have scooped up a few more Reaper sets if they were at that price. Hulk & Iron Man sold out to the masses, and I found a couple since there are so many Iron Man repaints possible I bought a few. I just don't want an army of Reapers, and he's not much use for any more than making one Sauron. For $1 more, I'm not buying up the extra 20 Reaper packs lying around.

Used the TRU Coupon for the last time yesterday to pick up another Picard/Borg set (That's my third one now, Picard is great for customs) and a Sisko set. Used my $5 rewards to make the two packs cost a grand total of 62 cents.

In this whole time during the sale/clearance and coupons I noticed a couple of sets disappeared really quick:
Boom Boom Rictor

Janeway 7of9

Most any of the Wolverine sets (I think out of 3 stores I only saw 3 Wolvie/Shingen sets)

But then there are those that still haven't moved:
Governor Jaw Zombie

Kingpin Daredevil (One store has 10 or more of these)

Kirk Khan

Sisko Gul Dukat

SFxT (One store even got a whole new case of them)

And the surprise finds due to an out of the way store:

Havok/Storm

Box/Vindicator

Both sets had 4-5 extras each on the peg

Iron-Man/ Rhino (I was happy to find this one since I never got it the first time around)

I plan to run to my local TRU (Bloomington/Normal, IL) on Thursday to see what is left and what may have come in. This store typically gets its trucks on Thursday and that is when I typically find new mates. Last Thursday I got Tomb Raider mates so I am hoping this Thursday that I may find Marvel TRU wave 18. Not sure how I will pay for my find but I will snag what I can. But at this point I am not sure I can get extras to ship but will see what I can do.

Happy Hunting.