UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fantastic Four vs. X-Men movie in the works

MinnesotaIceman

Which X-Men/Fantastic Four story? The Claremont/Bogdanove one from the 80's is a forgotten classic but the one from 2004 with the Brood and the power swaps is one of the most offensively stupid comics ever produced.

I'm interested in the movie. Only because I have no expectations and those movies are usually the ones that surprise me.

This is just Fox finally trying to maximize what little crossover potential they have left. Marvel Studios has proven audiences will flock to flicks that feature characters from different properties sharing screen time. Warner Bros. is getting into the act (finally). Now Fox's balls are dropping.

Major rumor mill running. Plus with most of the good X-men either dead or pushed to the side in favor of more Ughverine, I doubt this would ever be good. Plus the apparent nonsense going on in this stupid F4 reboot.

I have heard literally nothing of the reboot outside of the guy who made Chronicle (a movie I love) directing it and a rumor that Michael B. Jordan (a chronicle alum) will be the Human Torch. Both are things I approve of.

If it is good, then I'm up for it. More good comic movies is always a good thing, even if they take liberties with the source material or whatever. Though they've obviously run across each other a handful of times in the comics, they've never had all that much interaction that I recall. The crossover makes some sense though from a dramatic standpoint, because one is a group of freak outcasts, and the other is made up of publicly loved media darlings. Seems like conflict ready to happen.

Edited by karamazov80

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-fox-aiming-to-make-fantastic-four-versus-x-men/

Looks like its now been debunked as false.

Update: The Motley Fool now has a statement that reads “A
previous version of this article inaccurately reported a planned film
release that combined both X-Men and Fantastic Four. The Fool regrets
the error.

After reading the Wiki comic plot line I'm kinda glad.