UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet J.A.R.V.I.S. evolves lol

And to the alternate timeline/dimension question... No matter WHAT a writer says, every alternate timeline has the potential to be an alternate dimension. The only deciding factor, really, is whether or not it ever gets revisited.

The ONE exception I can think of is House of M. It wasn't a different course of events/different timeline/whatever. The fabric of reality was rewritten, then re-rewritten. I believe at all times, that was the 616

Now, here's a question. The reality we read started off as the 616. Alternate realities are created as a result of time travel, 99% of the time. So... After the Avengers pulled young Tony Stark forward through time, after Rachel Grey appeared from the future, and after Beast brought the original X-Men forward... Is this STILL the 616?

I bet J.A.R.V.I.S. evolves lol

And to the alternate timeline/dimension question... No matter WHAT a writer says, every alternate timeline has the potential to be an alternate dimension. The only deciding factor, really, is whether or not it ever gets revisited.

The ONE exception I can think of is House of M. It wasn't a different course of events/different timeline/whatever. The fabric of reality was rewritten, then re-rewritten. I believe at all times, that was the 616

Now, here's a question. The reality we read started off as the 616. Alternate realities are created as a result of time travel, 99% of the time. So... After the Avengers pulled young Tony Stark forward through time, after Rachel Grey appeared from the future, and after Beast brought the original X-Men forward... Is this STILL the 616?

Crap... I wish I knew how to do spoilers in the meantime I will vaguely answer that is a question I think Marvel is getting to answer.

Stark rebuilt dummy as Ultron.

It is still 616 a new universe is created from the earliest point in time.

The 616 universe continues as though the individual had never been removed. That is why the two individuals can coexist simultaneously. In the event of a character from the future traveling back in time and remaining in the past splits their own future into an alternate time-line/universe due to the fact that they have altered the course of events that lead to their future.

It wouldn't surprise me much if in the next year or so the next big event will be something like "Age of Xavier" that explored the ramifications of the original X-Men disappearing and Xavier having to create a new X-Men team. Perhaps a more integrated unit consisting of more than just mutants. Something like Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Thunderbird, and a non-powered human like Black Cat showing that humans and mutants can co-exist. Xavier's dream is fulfilled but it is all spoiled, of course, when the original, now very jaded, original X-Men try to return to their own universe.

Yeah, 616 still trucks on, even if people like Cable, Rachel, etc, come in and out. They just create an unnumbered or unvisited alternate timeline, one where they didn't visit, and one where they did(aka,616)

As for House of M, I believe it has its own earth designation number, since the spell Wanda used had completely recreated reality, just copying/pasting the characters. But once No More Humans happened, we went back to 616.

EmmaFrostTheWhiteQueenoftheX-men,FormerWhiteQueenoftheHellfireClub,HeadmistressoftheMassachusetsAcademyandEstrangedGirlfriendofCyclops

You forgot Harlot.

lol Its a given with White Queen. The title just screams Harlot.

who doesn't love a harlot anyway.

Jean Grey.