UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Should Wolverine come with the Shortened Legs?

Zak Katz

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wolverine come with shortened legs?

• Yes
    • No

To pick up where we left off, yes I think he should, just the legs!! Someone please post a pic where their displaying Logan with his ankles are not straight and I'll give you kudos! (not the M&M ones, those are my favorites) I don't understand the opposing view, if your a Wolverine fan, ahem cough, look over here, Kaipo, then explain again why you think it's a bad idea.

When DST announced they were making Herald's Silver Surfer I was mad because I spent $40 for Cosmic SS's two pack, now I'm happy because I'm a Songbird away from Thunderbolt completion, anyway back to the point, I was upset I paid a hefty price for the previous figure, but now I realize that this is what this line does, improves their figures. Rhino is a great example, Power Man is the same, would any one complain if we got him with bulked-up parts and a hair piece that actually stays on? I don't think so.

We have the technology, lets make Logan short!

Edited by Shanester

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Marvel Minimate has always been (for 50+) waves, a 2" base minimate, no matter the character. To change it now would be blasphemy. Any other line like Walking Dead, fine. But not Marvel.

I'm fine with Wolverine being normal 2" height, but then again I'm also fine with Galactus and Sentinels being standard Minimate size too. Should the day ever come where we see Rocket Raccoon or Howard the Duck, I would be fine with them being normal 2" height, but would prefer to have both standard fully articulated Minimates AND Snarf-style smaller non-articulated plastic figures.

Ok, but the short legs are new, did you feel the same way for Hulk when he got his new parts?

And does anyone here think Hugh Jackman when they think Wolverine? I don't, I think of blue and gold 90's, oh well :(

Thanks Shane, it appears you and I are tied ;)

Its a proportion thing more than anything else. Is Logan short? Yes, 5'3" is pretty short for a guy. But he's not a midget, child, dwarf, etc. If he's given the Peter Pan arms and legs, he would look like a kid in a Wolverine Halloween costume standing next to other 'mates.

The scale should only be tampered with in extreme situations. I think the bulked up minimates have been handled very well so far. If we ever see Power Pack or Franklin Richards in the Marvel line, then by all means I would like to see the new arms and legs used. Its either that or those characters get the unarticulated treatment like Snarf. Puck came a year too early, he would definitely be a candidate for the new limbs. But not full grown adults, regardless how short they are. Again, it's more of a proportion thing. Logan is short, but he's a full grown man.

If we start adjusting things on normal adults, how far do we go? Do we need to redo Namor to make him taller than Black Cat? Captain America is supposed to be taller than Spider-Man, do we change them? Minimates shouldn't be complicated in that way.

My two cents.

I don't want short arms, I think the wrist articulation is huge for Wolvey, just his ankles therefor legs should be short. That's not the body, everything is the same, he's just shorter from his legs. He would look like my dad :) who has short legs and long arms, I call him baboon sometimes haha

Bigvis your looking at it at an extreme, The Wolverine minimate is taller then Cyclops and remember Marvel Zombies, he's taller then the Hulk. Wolverine is short, he should be shorter then the teams he's displayed with. He won't look like a kid with his hairy arms and scruff on his face (depends on the kid) he'll simply look comic accurate and look nice with his teams. To talk about how we would then redo other characters to make them in scale with other figures is crazy, is the Thing the same height as Hulk, maybe once or twice in the comics but usually Hulk is bigger, their mates are the height but it doesn't bother me, but their also in different areas in my display and aren't right next to each other. Haha Dr. Doom is as tall as Thing with his huge boots and his cowl, that does kind of bother me but that's this line, I have Galactus with his torso pulled as high up as possible surrounded by his heralds, I rather have the Max Statue but I'm content with it because its the line. Wolverine has the pieces made, there there to use.

I do have a Dremel Shane but I don't want to ruin the integrity of my mates aka fu*k it up

I wasn't even aware there was shorter arms and legs, but that pic gives the mate almost teen proportions, like what I would imagine the Young Avengers to look like.

In regards to Wolverine, I know he's shorter than most, but I like the uniformness of mates, so wouldn't be interested in a a shorter version.

Given that most people who think of Wolverine think of Hugh Jackman, I say no.

Most people who think of Batman still think of Adam West. tongue.png

Just because they miscast a young Clint Eastwood as a 5' 3" Canadian doesn't mean that won't change. Logan might be immortal but Jackman certainly isn't and it's just a matter of time before X-Men gets a total reboot. Might come sooner than later.

But if you insist, we can keep Jackman Minimates at a full two inches tall. (With boots!) Comic Wolvie can be a diminutive 1 7/8" tall. rolleyes.gif

I think "he's taller than Cyclops" and "he's taller than Cyclops because of his mask" are two different things. When you have a scale as small as Minimates to work with, you're going to run into those sort of things with masks, helmets, horns, afros, etc. Wolverine and Cyclops are both adults so I have no problem with them using the same body type.

As far as Hulk/Thing, Hulk is absolutely taller than Thing in comics canon. You'll notice Hulk gets torso risers in his newer mates where Thing does not. Thing is actually normal height, many toy lines confuse height with mass and make him unnecessarily tall. DST did too with the TRU8 Thing which got a torso riser, however that was right before we got bulked-up mates. Once the bulked-up Mates were commonplace, the riser was gone from Thing.

With the frequency that Wolverine gets made I think it would be nice if there was a yellow costume and eventually brown costume Wolvie Mate released with short legs. I wouldn't want it on every Wolverine but if they are going to keep making him (and they are) I think it would make for a nice change of pace. If torso risers are ok for characters who are notably tall, why not short legs for those that are notably short?

With the frequency that Wolverine gets made I think it would be nice if there was a yellow costume and eventually brown costume Wolvie Mate released with short legs. I wouldn't want it on every Wolverine but if they are going to keep making him (and they are) I think it would make for a nice change of pace. If torso risers are ok for characters who are notably tall, why not short legs for those that are notably short?

Agreed.

Another option would be to pack-in an extra pair of legs, like we often get the extra set of arms or hands.

I wouldn't be opposed to DST adding in an extra set of short legs as a one time thing. But I definitely wouldn't want to see it more than that. They could do a wave where Wolverine was the variant in his normal yellow/blue costume as well as his brown costume and each pack could include the extra short legs. There would need to be a very strong army builder though. Something like an AIM Soldier or Hand Ninja. That way people can buy multiple packs for the army builder and have plenty of extra sets of short legs for their older Wolverines. Or they could use them to customize or just toss em in the extra parts bin. As long as the army builder is good then I don't think it would cause much of a problem.