UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Justice League" movie confirmed for 2015

Man of Steel seemed to set things up for a sequel that's perfect for Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and even Supergirl. A Justice League movie feels forced. I have very little faith in WB but Goyer and now Snyder seem to know what they're doing.

I'm just happy that they're leaving Nolan's Batman behind and moving forward with a new incarnation. A team flick might be a good way to reintroduce him and other DC characters.

Part of me wishes they'd stick to doing live-action solo films that never cross over and if they really want a JL franchise, make it animated. But I know fans have been begging for an Avengers-style team-up for a while. Then again, it was fans who begged for Venom. I guess it all depends on the creative team.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Reynolds back as Green Lantern. His first film may have flopped but I don't blame Reynolds and I like the production design. That and it's a damned shame not to bring back Mark Strong as Sinestro, easily the best part of a disappointing movie.

I agree that it's all about the team involved. Goyer is a good start. Don't muck around with his script, get a decent director involved, put a decent team of actors together, and it could work despite WB's general ineptitude. I'm cautiously excited about seeing a live action JL on the screen. . .and crossing fingers, hoping against hope that Blue Beetle and Booster Gold will be team members.

Edited by karamazov80

lets face it, a Justice League film has been confirmed more or less on and off for years...they keep getting ready, then falling back on it. The reason they are doing it this time is the Man of Steel sales, so while I really want it to happen, I dont like their reasoning.

I want to wait till maybe even 2020, we need a supes sequel to help set up his role on earth. We need a batman reboot to have a more super hero acceptable batman universe. We need a Wonder Woman movie that proves to everyone shes a bad ass. We need an Aquaman film that proves to everyone HES A BAD ASS. We need a new GL movie to make up for the last one, and also because his story is too vast to cover in a film with so many other leads. And finally we need a Flash film, the dude needs some big screen love, preferably Barry. (though I do love wally)

Then we should get the JL film, could even be used to introduce manhunter or cyborg if they want.

I don't think this needs to follow the Avengers model. There are different kinds of stories that can be told, and there is more than one way to skin a cat. Team could be introduced first, the detailed personalities could be fleshed out later, and the initial team film can still be a great team/ensemble action piece. There have been a number of great films of this type over the years, where viewers knew nothing of the characters going in (which isn't the case for Justice League)--the Dirty Dozen, the Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai, Inglorious Basterds, Oceans 11, etc. The story can't focus as much on character development this way, but again, that's OK for certain types of stories.

Edited by karamazov80

So David Goyer officially confirmed the Batman of the Justice League universe will not have any connection to Nolan's. Personally it's a double edged sword for me as I feel Bale had a satisfying ending but I would kill to see JGL as nightwing. Anyone else's thoughts?

Article: http://latino-review.com/2013/06/14/goyer-man-steel-universe-re-boot-batman/

I doubt they have it in theatres in 2015. There is so much that has to go into this movie. One of the things that allowed The Avengers to happen is that most of the exposition of the characters took place in the other movies and when they finally came together it was time for all out action. I don't want to meet a new Batman in the Justice League movie.

Terrible, terrible plan. We just passed the 10th or 15th anniversary of the announcement of a JLU movie. Honesty, this is only happening because of the massive money boner DC has after seeing the Avengers.

avengers-money.jpg

And all we can hear is DC over in the corner going "HHHHHNNNNNRRRRGGGGG!!!!"

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I guess one thing to remember is that more people are already familiar with DC characters than they were with Marvel's. Before their own films, X-Men, Iron Man, and Thor weren't exactly household names. DC doesn't really need to introduce their characters as much as reintroduce them.

Another thing is that WB will likely leverage things like costume designs from George Miller's stalled Justice League Mortal movie which was only days away from filming. Hell, if they cast Armie Hammer as Batman again, they can use the same costume he's already worn.

If they've got a good story and get a decent cast, it should be fine.

This doesn't need to follow the Avengers model, so while i don't think it'll actually happen in 2015 anyway, it seems entirely possible. The only ones that really need set-up are Diana and Arthur; being DC's big-story heavy hitters, they need full films to prove their mettle. Diana needs to beat down gods and Titans, Arthur needs to be a somber king. Once those are out of the way, and really they can both be presented in the same year, JL can begin by just tossing in Bruce, Barry, Hal, and likely Vic; everyone knows them, except maybe Cyborg, and he's a simple story to weave in.

Man of Steel was incredible so i have faith. Diana has earned her film, so just freaking hire Gail Simone or pay out the ass to get Whedon back to write the damn thing already. The only issue is timing, but DC is looking better now. Here's hoping, because the JL has potential.

all I know is I need the first scene with batman and superman on screen together, to have batman put on a kryptonite ring, and beat the ever living shit out of superman. Just beat him down in front of the rest of the league. Sort of a way to show that while Bruce may be the only one without powers, he will be the one to stop them if any of them ever turn against the people they swore to protect.

all I know is I need the first scene with batman and superman on screen together, to have batman put on a kryptonite ring, and beat the ever living shit out of superman. Just beat him down in front of the rest of the league. Sort of a way to show that while Bruce may be the only one without powers, he will be the one to stop them if any of them ever turn against the people they swore to protect.

LOL So he would just beat the crap out of him unprovoked as an abstract deterrent to everyone else? I didn't know Frank Miller was taking the helm of this one. Be a great way to endear himself to the rest of the team. Edited by karamazov80

Honestly, i'd hate for this to happen. This is just PIS to make Batman seem cooler. We get it DC,Batman is profitable but come on! Supes goes against Mettalo and Luthor whose armors contain a buttload of Kryptonite and still manages to win but when Batman takes out his ring Superman falls to his knees? Give me a break. You can make Batman seem badass in a lot of other ways. For example at the climax of the movie have Batman press a button and make the spaceships of the aliens blow up! That shows that even if he doesn't have any powers he has other means to accomplish his goal.

And the whole "i'm prepared if any of them go bad because i don't trust anyone!" thing is bullshit. So there is a chance that they will turn bad but Batman never will. Batman will no matter what protect the others. Batman can't be blackmailed or mind controlled but the others can't.This makes Batman an unitresting character to me. On the other hand Snyder's Batman make him an awesome hero. He is prepared and always has something on his sleeve but he gets beaten up. He loses. He is still a human, albeit a really smart and strong one. Miller's Batman isn't the classic Batman. He's just a walking PIS.

That would be sooo out of character for him, it would be like Superman not being concerned about collateral damage during a climatic battle tongue.png (<-- this comment made in jest, don't take offense to such silly things).

IF this movie truely makes it out in time for 2015, that means they don't really have time for another (*well thought-out) solo film in between. Ideally you would want to introduce Superman and Batman (canon for JL) first before having the JL teamup; let's all pray they don't rush a Batman movie in 2014 dry.png . I think a Wonder Woman and an Aquaman film would work a lot better after a successful JL movie than they would beforehand. Those two characters just need the extra intro in a group film first to get the moviegoing audience willing to watch them in their own solo film. And I agree with PL, I would keep Mark Strong's Sinestro in the movieverse somehow but I would switch out Hal (Reynolds) for John Stewart.

IF this movie truely makes it out in time for 2015, that means they don't really have time for another (*well thought-out) solo film in between. Ideally you would want to introduce Superman and Batman (canon for JL) first before having the JL teamup; let's all pray they don't rush a Batman movie in 2014 dry.png

Man of Steel 2 out in 2014?

I at least take solace that it's not Batman. headslap.gif

IF

this movie truely makes it out in time for 2015, that means they don't

really have time for another (*well thought-out) solo film in between.

Ideally you would want to introduce Superman and Batman (canon for JL)

first before having the JL teamup; let's all pray they don't rush a

Batman movie in 2014 dry.png

Man of Steel 2 out in 2014?

I at least take solace that it's not Batman. headslap.gif

What could they possibly hope to accomplish by doing that? Rushing things isn't going to hurt Marvel or Avengers 2, and it certainly increases the likelihood of screwing up both Man of Steel 2 and Justice League.

Edited by stack32

I don't believe it.

Cavill's already got The Man from U.N.C.L.E. lined up. There's no script for a MoS follow-up. And unless the studio is planning on a lot fewer VFX, there simply isn't enough time. Had they been filmed back-to-back, and in secret, sure. Maybe.

But I really don't see how a 2014 release date – even on New Year's Eve – is possible. I don't know what The Wall Street Journal's "knowledgeable people close to the studio" are smoking but this is ridiculous. WB's holiday slate for 2014 already includes the final installment of The Hobbit and I doubt even those corporate morons will want to cannibalize their own ticket sales.

On the other hand, this is Warner Bros; the same folks who've consistently fucked up every DC movie they've pushed into theatres with the possible exception of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. (And even those movies had their problems.)

Either way... ridiculous.

The two possibilities i'm leaning to are either DC already was in pre-production but only enough that it wouldn't be a problem to scrap it, or that this is really going to be rushed. But T2 was rushed, and it produced one of the best action films ever.

Now, with DC's track record, it's pretty horrifying either way. Maybe i'm still riding the Man of Steel high, but i'm still hopeful. There's just no denying how completely insane an idea it is anyway. Oy.

even before MoS there were already rumors of a JL movie. I wont be surprised if MoS 2 is already in early pre-prod just to make the 2014 play date.

anyone else wondering while watching MoS, what 'mates we'd be getting if DST secured the license?

- Superman & Zod

- Jor El & Lara

- Faora & Kryptonian Soldider

- Robot with Faora(sorry i dunno the name) & Kryptonian Soldier

Then for TRU:

- Black Suit Superman (dream sequence) & Zod (with restraint)

- Clark Kent & Lois Lane

Edited by Earlyfrost