UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

What store cidman911?

The Toys R Us' in Chula Vista/National City area. Every time I go there's random people rushing to the Marvel, Minimate or Star Wars aisles.

I've given up at this point and i just try to buy online.

Edited by cidman911

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my package from Luke's today biggrin.png
QusGtJY.jpg
and while there were a lot of other goodies in the box i thought id show off my Wave 54 haul tongue.png
3nHdbcv.jpg

Beauty.

Edit: It's also good news for Luke . He & the other wave 54 retailers can hardly be ecstatic that TRU are selling similar (I stress 'similar') packs for $3.98 .

Just a shot in the dark but I guess you didn't buy those sets for the Struckers ? biggrin.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

actually...the Struckers have proven quite useful. the green tones match really well with the Supreme Hydra masks so ive created 20 or so "Hydra Elite Guards" as i call them

not exactly comic accurate, but visually effective

actually...the Struckers have proven quite useful. the green tones match really well with the Supreme Hydra masks so ive created 20 or so "Hydra Elite Guards" as i call them

not exactly comic accurate, but visually effective

I did the exact same thing, i was thinking of them as Struckers personal guard

I guess I'm stuck with my smudged Viper.

Comic book store won't let me exchange it for another set (even though it's unopened...last time I shop there) and no luck with Diamond Select website contact thing.

Oh well.

Thanks Zak Katz,

It's the first problem I've had with a figure since 2011's SDCC Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Red Hulk's awkward legs that popped out any time you touched him. God, that figure made me.............angry. hulk.gif

HyGhj4A.jpg

I planned to do the same thing but I guess i should have finished reading the posts before adding one. Hey is that goon in the lab coat anyone in particular or just a generic hydra scientist?

Edited by ElGallo21

What is a good paint to fix the hair on my Viper?

Stupid comic store I got it from doesn't allow refunds/exchanges and I'm having no luck with whoever is in charge of Diamond 'contact us' to understand that it came factory damaged so I can get another hair piece.

Would Liquitex paint be fine?
6zgi.jpg

Edited by cidman911

Is her hair cast in green plastic? Could you just use Goo Off or something?

It looks like peach plastic painted green. So I would have to paint the whole thing green which is seriously annoying the hell out of me that I have do to.

It's like a combination of missing paint and a scratch. I'm gonna try to contact Diamond again but I doubt they give a crap.

Edited by cidman911

Are the Baron's looks comic accurate? Couldn't find an exact match for either on google.

He's pretty close, but neither look is 100% exact.

He often wears the jump-suit with a lighter neckerchief, but not the gold shoulder-pads.

He's a good deal closer than the ML figure was.

Is her hair cast in green plastic? Could you just use Goo Off or something?

It looks like peach plastic painted green. So I would have to paint the whole thing green which is seriously annoying the hell out of me that I have do to.

It's like a combination of missing paint and a scratch. I'm gonna try to contact Diamond again but I doubt they give a crap.

I can truly understand your frustration but give the DST guys a chance.....first . 'Doubting they give a crap' is perhaps a bit harsh ?

I would definitely say that some of our 'army builders' here will have a spare Viper very very soon ..... perhaps the way to go ?

^ Yeah but I shouldn't have to buy more pieces to fix something I payed full price for and I haven't exactly had too much luck when some of my Lego or Hasbro stuff came factory damaged so I'm not so hopeful in this situation. When that happened I could at least exchange the sets at Walmart or Target.

My main mistake was buying it in a comic shop with a no refund/no exchange policy. Had I known that I wouldn't have purchased it. I despise stores like that.