UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

Maybe Zach's tray shot was the exception rather than the rule...

dst-marvel-minimates-series-54-captain-a

I really like these.

Hopefully I can find the bottom 4 for retail soon.

Might get all 4 sets, my girlfriend is getting into Minimates herself lately. Got her hooked with Black Widow/Hawkeye and Rescue Armor Pepper Potts.

I just realized I can EASILY paint one the Hydra soldiers and turn him into Batman. Add a little epoxy for the bat ears...OMG

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with all this talk of army building, anyone have an extra Madame Hydra/Viper of which they'd like to get rid? If you do, PM me.

She's the only one I want.

Semi-funny story:

I had pre-ordered the WS/Falcon set from this wave at my LCS. Gave them a call on Saturday to see whether or not it had come in. They checked and confirmed yeah, it's in. I'm thinking, alright sweet. I'll get both WS figures and generally be a happy dude.

I was wondering if they had gotten in the rest of the wave or just what I had requested, so I checked the shelves when I got there, a few older waves were up, a bit too expensive, but to be expected. So I check at the desk, pick up my order, and the clerk tells me my grand total and I notice there's more than just one set there. I sort of ask "uhh...wha?" and he's like "Oh, yeah. We ordered the whole set for you and picked the duplicates out of it." and I'm like "...alright, cool." It was more than I was looking to do at the time, but hey, it worked out I guess.

I opened my sets last night and am really happy to add these to the collection. New villains are always welcome. My Robo-Skulls were all missing one of the cube hands. Also, it was kind of bittersweet opening all of this comic based goodness knowing how many movie waves we will have to wade through before another comic wave.

IMG_1072_zps4e299c08.jpg

Woah!

That's cool.

Is this Wave 54 supposed to hit Toys R Us too? Or mainly specialty shops?

My local comic shops here are terrible at knowing what's supposed to come in.

I miss my old comic stores from back in New York. Living is San Diego now, I've never had to compete with so many people running to Toys R Us at 10am snatching everything on shelves to resell. It's a real bummer for actual collectors.

But whatever, first come first serve I suppose....

IMG_1072_zps4e299c08.jpg

Woah!

That's cool.

Living is San Diego now, I've never had to compete with so many people running to Toys R Us at 10am snatching everything on shelves to resell. It's a real bummer for actual collectors

I moved out of SD a few months ago but man it was always brutal tracking down TRU stuff. Lots of scalpers and crooked employees. I don't know where you are in SD, but the only place I've ever been able to get somewhat current stuff is in National City. Point Loma is a bust and waste of time.