UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Show Me Your Store's Minimates Section!

DSTZach

Hey, guys -- I try to get to my Toys "R" Us in Danbury CT on a semi-regular basis, and check out comic shops in NYC on occasion, but I want to see what you guys have. I hear tales of endcaps at TRU, and hear that some stores still have all their Minimates in one place, while the rest spread them out (mine does). And it seems like some comic shops actually have inventory, while others only get in what you ask them.

If you get the chance, I would LOVE to see how stores have them displayed/set up/what have you. What they're next to, how many they have, etc. If you don't mind taking pics, post them here, and tell us what store it is! (If you want to keep your store a secret, that's cool, too.)

Haven't seen a thread like this since I came on here, but apologies if I should have necro'ed one.

Edited by Zach Oat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtle will have the most recent deets on the closest TRU that I used to frequent... an hour-ish away from me in Memphis, TN. I don't make the trip over there anymore and TRU.com is better on gas mileage than driving to Memphis in all my freetime for exclusives.

Anyway, they'd have all their non-Marvel stuff on what I'd call a "boys non-super hero" aisle. Sometimes they'd even split their Marvel stuff between this aisle and the "boys super hero" aisle. Granted, this was back when Ghostbusters had stuff coming out... so again, Turtle will know better than I about recently.

Obviously, don't take pictures if told not to. But if you tell them you're telling your friends to go there and shop, I can't imagine any TRU employee will care. Comic shop owners... MAY care, but feel free to ask them, since they're probably right there anyway. Tell them DST is asking MM fans to send in pics of their shop's Minimates displays, because we want to know the best places to buy Minimates!

Funny story, I was once told not to take a picture of something in Home Depot -- I wanted to show it to my wife out in the car with our kids. I told them I'd go to Lowe's.

I take pics in stores all the time. Especially in toy stores for board games. I find ones that look cool, then research them on boardgamegeek to see if they are any good.

If only you posted this yesterday Zach- I just went to TRU last night. Wave 48 was in three separate aisles!

elmeaux wins. That first pic is a perfect Minimates display IMO. Similar to the one I encounter, but they still stock in other sections, too. Now I know where to look for Battle Beasts.

Here is my store.

Spider-Man aisle, loaded with crappy toys nobody wants.

Hidden here are a bunch of Wave 13 'mates, but ironically, none of the Spider-Man movie 'mates.

TRU2.jpg

Marvel Universe and Batman aisle, here are the bulk of Marvel 'mates, MvC, Amazing Spider-Man.

Universal Monsters, Battle Beasts and Street Fighter X Tekken Wave 2 are also hanging out here.

TRU1.jpg

Video Game aisle, here are the Halo remnants, my store never carried Halo Wave 5.

TRU3.jpg

2 pegs of Street Fighter X Tekken Wave 1, a misplaced Universal Monsters pack, KITT & Munsters, and the lone Michonne Walking Dead pack.

TRU4.jpg

My store never carries any of the boxsets either, I'm jealous of you guys that have those hanging around...

Edited by youbastards

Zach, this could be useful design information to pass onto the packaging guys: attach a giant fluorescent green arrow to all packages for better visibility.

Maybe I'll print some off and do that at my next visit, it would give Captain Pike from the Star Trek movie some purpose for being on the shelves this long...