UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2013

groundhog7s

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Hasbro BAF has turned into smaller characters like Puck and Rocket Raccoon? I know plastic costs have gotten prohibitive, but that seems silly.

They announced this as the year of the "mini" BAF at San Diego, with the first one being Hit Monkey. I'm okay with it.

It seems that as MU has been disappearing from the shelves the past two years or so, poorly articulated movie lines are replacing them. I think Hasbro for some reason now assumes that all collectors want 6'' figures and all kids want shitty 4'' figures.

Edited by Punisher

I don't know if you've seen or not, but they've followed Mattel's idea and are releasing 5 POA figures at a cheaper price. It's smarter and will probably have less overstock as the IM2 figures still clogging clearance shelves, but they seem to forget there are still collectors that will almost anything.

There's been a LOT of mention of AoA Jean Grey, but with no pics.

And all the sites have been reporting White Phoenix Jean & AoA Jean, but the images are of WPJ & Jim Lee Jean.... so - was the figure not ready to show? Or have they just gotten there labels mixed up?

If there *is* an AoA Jean on the way - which incarnation will it be?

Her Weapon X look, Her Phoenix Look or her De-powered look?

comp-jean.jpg002247f3_medium.jpeg

Weapon X AoA Jean AoA Phoenix Current AoA Jean

I don't know if you've seen or not, but they've followed Mattel's idea and are releasing 5 POA figures at a cheaper price. It's smarter and will probably have less overstock as the IM2 figures still clogging clearance shelves, but they seem to forget there are still collectors that will almost anything.

I'm pretty bummed about this move. There's a really great looking 3.75" Silver Samurai... the sculpt on it looks fantastic.... but if he's only got 5 POA's then i'm not so inclined to buy him :(

Are those leaked MOTU figures actual characters from the original line, or are they made up? I remember Mantana, but Batros and Icer I'm drawing a blank on. I just like saying "Castaspella." She's like the waitress at an greasy pizza place.

Eeeh, Castaspella, why you no-a get the customers their parmesan cheese-a?

I'm pretty sure Castaspella was in the PoP cartoons.... alas, she did not work in a pizzeria.

Nessex, apparently the Hasbro guys mentioned that Jean would absolutely get a second variant and said AoA by name. I'm guessing, considering the hair style, that it'll be her Phoenix look. Fine by me, i love that look (second to Here Comes Tomorrow) and still want it as a minimate.

I just realized how hard it'll be to get all 3 Jeans and both Hawkeyes. Haven't even had White Doom ship yet.

I think i heard that the white FF Doom is going to be released with Wave 4 due to some stuff-up. I'm still waiting on the running changes so i can get a Moonstar.

And apparently Jean will have short hair, her Bachalo Phoenix costume, but it'll be in black :/

and feature some 'real fabric' ... which *always* looks great on a figure nono.gif

Punisher was kind enough to link me the image:

Age-of-Apocolypse-Jean-Grey_1360458227.j

and feature some 'real fabric' ... which *always* looks great on a figure nono.gif

Depends on the quality I think. With mass retail figures, it probably rarely works, but I've seen some 3A 1/12 scale figures that look awesome.

http://www.7-hobby.com/3a-htk-3pack-threea-action-portable-heavy-tk-3-pack/

I'll be honest, i like it. The headsculpt looks really tough; would prefer red, but it's nice.

Here's modern Scott:

vpdct1.jpg

I'm getting ALL of my favorite characters this year...3 Jeans, 2 Cyclopses (one in his amazing Phoenix armor), 2 Hawkeyes, Ultimate Cap, Perfect Emma Frost (minus a cape apparently), Iron Patriot(s).

I love 2013. :wub:

It seems that as MU has been disappearing from the shelves the past two years or so, poorly articulated movie lines are replacing them. I think Hasbro for some reason now assumes that all collectors want 6'' figures and all kids want shitty 4'' figures.

It's weird that they would move this way, since they basically abandoned Toy Biz' successful model when they took over the license, but now they seem to be moving back to that. It's a shame, because it's the movie figures that sit and sit and sit. Still, I prefer 6", so I guess I shouldn't complain. This new Star Wars line has caught my attention, and I don't even collect Star Wars toys.

HOW LONG TILL THE MINIMATES PICTURES SURFACE?!?!?

sorry.... sorry all. I'm just in a bit of a frenzy at work. I'm on my 2nd latte in 3 hours and am getting a bit hyped with all the toy-news coming out.

*deep breaths... calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean*

I guess I'm all cool with a cheaper, $5.99 unarticulated line at stores, but not if it means less MU figures. And I like how they're making Avengers cartoon toys, but completely skipped over EMH like it didn't exist. I did notice the new Avengers line should give us a Leader figure though so we could get some MU style figures that way I guess.

Im liking the look of the Klingons from the new Trek film, the press release from hasbro seems to imply that there's a Gorn and a Borg in it!!!

KRE-O STAR TREK KREON FIGURE PACKS

(Ages 6 years & up /Approx. Retail Price: $2.99/Available: May 2013)

Based on iconic STAR TREK characters from the upcoming STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS movie from Paramount Pictures, these KREON FIGURE PACKS feature one collectible KREON figure and accessory per pack, with six different characters available in the spring of 2013 including: GORN, CAPTAIN NERO, KEENSER, GRASIA, KINGON and LIEUTENANT SPRONG. Twelve additional KREON figures will be released in fall 2013, including: CAPTAIN KIRK, SPOCK, BORG DRONE and GENERAL CHANG. Each figure sold separately.