UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghost Rider Minimates Announced!

AdyCarter

So when this is officially announced as wave 15, then I can declare myself the GRAND-MASTER WINNAH SUPAH SUPREME! Yeah, I called it first. Which makes me cool. Cooler than I was 10 minutes ago.

To quote Gene Simmons: You wish you were me, you KNOOOOOW I'm right.

;)

* Man, I'm such a dork *

Here's my DREAM Spider-Man Movie wave, just for giggles:

Doctor Octopus / Mary Jane

Black costume Spider-Man / Venom

Spider-Man / Green Goblin

VARIANT: Spider-Man / Harry Osbourn

Covers all 3 movies in 1 wave. Makes mouths happy.

yeah

Xy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know it's far fetched but I think they could still make a box-set or release more versions of his suits.

Hulk Buster, Thor Buster, War Machine, Modern Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man, Artic Armor, Iron Spidey, etc. Heck they should take a page from the legends line and make Destroyer.

i agree there should be "a somewhat ironman wave

As thrilled as I am about new Minimates, I'll probably sit this wave out. A line with a flaming skull, a demon and Satan based on a film that looks pretty dark just isn't very kid friendly. It always bothers me when dark, adult oriented movies have toys made for them. Kids don't need that. I'm not saying these will be geared to kids, just that I hope they're not released later at retail. This seems like a wave geared to collectors and I don't see that spreading the Minimate cause much. I'm also not happy it's another movie line so close to another one. I used to think that any Minimates is better than no Minimates, but I think I've changed my mind.

I look at it as a chance to get Peter Fonda & Nicholas Cage minimates. It makes it more interesting.

First of all, anyone even clinging to the thought that these will be a separate entity to the Marvel wave need look no further than X3 to shatter that hope. To paraphrase what Chuck said to me, if it helps you, you can call it Ghost Rider Wave 1 in your mind.

Personally, I haven't seen enough of the other characters in the previews for this movie to have much opinion on what the minimates will look like. I recall the early art for these displaying a man with a shovel, which just makes me all sorts of happy with the future of this line. :rolleyes: I can't believe they even have the audacity to call this Ghost Rider when they won't make anything for him to roll himself around on. At least now we know why they had no plans to make a cycle for him.

This move has left a bad taste in my mouth. If these movies can't generate enough interest to warrant a separate line for them, then why make the minimates? I'm no Halle Berry fan, and Nic Cage isn't much better in my opinion, so I won't be buying these for the "celebrity mates" but rather because my compulsive nature won't let me skip them. I feel cheated in them saying we could see upwards of five waves this coming year when already two of them have been hijacked by movie lines that until recently we all thought would be separate from the regular releases.

Who knows, perhaps if they put as much attention to detail in these as they did with the X3 wave, then I might actually like these.

Man I guess. :( All I really wanted were more Iron Man variations. LOL. But I guess Ghost Rider Minis are OK at best. Yeah I'll still buy them, but I wont be smiling when I get them. Thats all I'm saying.

I won't be picking these or the X3 ones up. If it's movie it's second rate, to me.

I want comic book characters that haven't been made before. When my comic shop guy asked me in a knowing tone if I was going to want them to pre-order two cases of the New Avengers and Astonishing X-Men series, I told him "Don't even bother with one, man." If I see 'em someplace, I might pick 'em up if I've got the money on me. But certainly not until I've seen something coming from AA and Marvel that I look forward to. I'm not buying minimates anymore until then.

How long has Thor, by himself, been promised? At least since before LAST summer...

... screw this. I'll save my money and buy Marvel Masterworks or a few neat Marvel Legends characters that I actually want (like Falcon), rather than more junk being forced down my throat because of completists sake (Ghost Rider/X3 stuff).

-Matt

Just watch - this will be the most successful wave yet. Why? Flaming skulls are totally metal!

Jesse Falcon of Marvel Toys even remarked as such; How else do you explain Vengeanve getting into Marvel Legends?! Collector's dig flaming skulls, kids love flaming skulls - even chicks dig flaming skulls (but not as much as they dig giant robots).

Plus the "caretaker" is the Cowboy Ghost Rider - yeehaw!

Sweet we're getting Blackheart and Mephisto, I know they're not in their 616 costumes (or forms I guess) but its still pretty cool that we're getting these two major Villians out of this line.

Going by the prototype shots, we're not getting Blackheart.......we're getting some random guy in a purple suit named Blackheart........

THAT is not the Blackheart I know and love.

If they give me This one, I'll be happier:

Blackheart_game.gif

I'm happy we're getting a Wave 15, but sad it has to be a movie tie-in. I'll wait and see what the final Minimates look like before I decide what I think - a coll-looking Minimate is a cool-looking Minimate even if it's tied into a Nic Cage movie.

If these come out at the same time as the movie, they might do well. If they're in Target at the same time as the movie (and action figures) then this wave could do well.

At least the Johnny Blaze / Nic Cage Minimate will be easy to get. I need lots of Nic Cage Minimates. In a perfect world, I can make Nic Cage customs for all his movies! Con Air Minimates! The Rock Minimates! Leaving Las Vegas Minimates! And so on.

As thrilled as I am about new Minimates, I'll probably sit this wave out. A line with a flaming skull, a demon and Satan based on a film that looks pretty dark just isn't very kid friendly. It always bothers me when dark, adult oriented movies have toys made for them. Kids don't need that. I'm not saying these will be geared to kids, just that I hope they're not released later at retail. This seems like a wave geared to collectors and I don't see that spreading the Minimate cause much. I'm also not happy it's another movie line so close to another one. I used to think that any Minimates is better than no Minimates, but I think I've changed my mind.

I look at it as a chance to get Peter Fonda & Nicholas Cage minimates. It makes it more interesting.

haha! that made my night, no joke.

I am happy to see these mates... but I really hope they won't make it their wave 15. on the other hand though, I know they will... which bums me out.

I mean, if I hafta choose between unseen comic characters (in mate form) and some movie line, which am I gonna pick? hmmm....

At least the Johnny Blaze / Nic Cage Minimate will be easy to get. I need lots of Nic Cage Minimates. In a perfect world, I can make Nic Cage customs for all his movies! Con Air Minimates! The Rock Minimates! Leaving Las Vegas Minimates! And so on.

Valley Girl 'mates!

Vampire's Kiss 'mates! (awesome flippin movie)

Adaptation 2-pack!

... and I am cordially taking my tongue from my cheek as I realize that I would actually love these next ones:

Wild at Heart (little snakeskin jacket ... mmm)

Raising Arizona. One of my all. Time. Favorites. Period.

Random Thoughts:

- Coinciding the release of toys WITH the movie tie-in is a good thing. Unlike X3 tying into neither the theatrical release NOR the home video release.

- So this is Series 15? That would make Series 16, what, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine?

- The only way we're going to see a Thor Minimate is if he joins the X-Men.

I was just thinking that maybe the reason we're seeing two (possibly three) back to back movie related series, is that the comic ones aren't selling quite as well as AA might be hoping -- at least in the Mass Market Division. Honestly, I can imagine a Civil War or Avengers series might be a tough sale to Target (or the average non-comic familiar customer), but a line with a massive media tie-in, even a much belated one like X3 would have a wider appeal. I'll be honest, I've followed comics on and off for some time, but I often find myself looking things up on the Internet to find out whom some new character is in a certain assortment (not just with Minimates, but ML, SMC, etc.). These might not be my first choice, but if this can bring new acolytes to the brotherhood of minis so be it.

I view them as possibly a necessary evil. Just like how Wolverine and Spidey are the staples of this series, then if movie mates are a required part of the series, so be it. If a Ghost Rider movie line makes it possible for more obscure characters to be made at a later date, then I'll buy them and suffer happily. But if movies start taking over the series, or if the crappy movies selected kill the line, then I won't be so happy.

• 3 weeks later...

I think instead of the ghost rider wave they should make an Avengers wave

1 Black Panther : Classic Hawkeye (accesories inclueded)

2 Modern Hawkeye (acc inclueded) : Scarlet Witch

3 Falcon (or Black Widow) : Dr. Strange

Variant: Quicksilver : Scarlet Witch

2007 CC elxclusive Thor : Modern IronMan[/font]

2 Hawkeyes in one wave? Quicksilver as a variant? THOR AS AN EXCLUSIVE?! Nice idea, but needs work.

2 Hawkeyes in one wave? Quicksilver as a variant? THOR AS AN EXCLUSIVE?! Nice idea, but needs work.

hey i like hawkeye mabye

1 Black Panther : Modern Hawkeye

2 Quicksilver : Scarlet Witch

3 Thor : Dr. Strange

(cheap mass-produced) Variant: Black Panther : Classic Hawkeye

2007 CC exclusive Ms. Marvel : Falcon

hey i like hawkeye mabye

1 Black Panther : Modern Hawkeye

2 Quicksilver : Scarlet Witch

3 Thor : Dr. Strange

(cheap mass-produced) Variant: Black Panther : Classic Hawkeye

2007 CC exclusive Ms. Marvel : Falcon

Now THAT, I could live with. I still hate exclusives, but thats just me and I always will.