UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghost Rider Minimates Announced!

AdyCarter

Marvel Minimates continue to bring fan-favorite characters to life with this next assortment of pint-size heroes – based on next year’s smash-hit Ghost Rider! The film will see the big-screen debut of the flame-covered spirit of vengeance in an all-star lineup sure to delight fans of the gritty superhero.

Designed by Art Asylum, these intricately-designed Minimates feature the same style and articulation as past releases along with a new take on some of Marvel’s most popular characters! With two-packs featuring Blackheart and Ghost Rider, Roxanne and The Caretaker, Johnny Blaze and Mephistopheles as well as the limited Johnny Blaze variant, this assortment delivers all the action-packed excitement of the film with each 2” figure!

Be on the lookout for these awe-inspiring Minimates this spring!

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe these will not be considered an actual wave. It's a limited release like the I-robot ones.

Nope I bet these will be '15' after all X3 is '14'.

There are 6 figs plus on chase... sounds like the regular wave to me!

T.

wow thes seem really cool

Yeah, these do seem pretty cool, however I think that most of us would prefer the Marvel "Comic"-line to NOT be interrupted by these "Movie"-waves. I would have preferred them to be special box-sets (like X-Men Classic or FF) apart from the slooooooow moving line. Another small (but rather important)complaint is that we will (once AGAIN) doubtfully even receive a bike for G.R., which makes this series all-the-more pointless!! Thank-goodness for DC and Galactica minis, or MMs would definitely be on the collecting "back-burner"(if not forgotten completely) for me personally.

Dude, If they don't make a Thor soon (Wave 16) I'm going to quit collecting these things.

Gut feeling & rumor mill hint at next summer... anyone want to take the Thor in 2007 bet with me?

T.

As much as I appreciate your optomism T., I couldn't make or take any bets on this particular line. I swear, if I see one more "X-centric" series (no offense to X-fans) or re-hashed "variations" release, I am finished(with Marvel). I personally need to see more balance and variation in this line than the previously "biased" waves have produced. Thor, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Namor, Black Panther, etc., etc..... Hell, I don't mind X-Men, but how 'bout some new CHARACTERS: Quicksilver, Sabretooth, Angel, Beast(classic), etc., etc. I know, I'm "preaching-to-the-choir", but F*@K this line is frustrating! At least in the beginning there was a nice mix of characters and titles being represented and a broad horizon of unlimited possibilities, but the last year 1/2-2 years have honestly been pathetic. I realize that they are utilizing the "strike-while-the-iron's-hot" strategy with current titles and themes, but I can't help but feel totally alienated(as I'm quite sure a few others feel)by the complete and utter neglect of essential-staples of the Marvel Universe. I've gone from consistantly purchasing cases to "sets only" to skipping the last two series completly(although I do plan on at least picking-up a Nick Fury, Sentry, and maybe a few others eventually). These "Movie-waves" do nothing to re-kindle my faith or interest. Sorry to be such a "pisser", I am really excited about the DC and Galactica mates though!!

We know it's far fetched but I think they could still make a box-set or release more versions of his suits.

Hulk Buster, Thor Buster, War Machine, Modern Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man, Artic Armor, Iron Spidey, etc. Heck they should take a page from the legends line and make Destroyer.

These guy sound sweet. Even if they are interrupting a regular line, which I doubt they are. Think of what these will do for minimates popularity. If this movie is a success and everyone wants the toys people are bound to come across minimates. And once you pop the fun don't stop!

Dude, If they don't make a Thor soon (Wave 16) I'm going to quit collecting these things.

Gut feeling & rumor mill hint at next summer... anyone want to take the Thor in 2007 bet with me?

T.

i'll take that bet =)

I will still get the ghost rider+black heart 2-pack... not the others though.

I'm not a fan of Ghost Rider, but i'm just glad that all these new minimates are starting to come out. A little while ago, it seemed like we were never gonna get any more minimates out at all.

I suppose this means that wave 16 might be Fantastic Four 2 Movie Mates.

Well I like them. I think they sound cool. I would prefer movie mates than the regular full size action figures as very often the main releases for movie action figures are terrible! I know everyone wants Thor and Black Panther and Iron Spidey but that is 1 civil war line really and I still wonder if they may do it eventually but dont forget civil war does not end until feb/march time next year so they may still announce it as a summer release to coinside with a tpb release maybe?

I for one like new marvel mates of any description and I will be getting the DC line, but having not read any DC except the all star titles in about 4 years, I have no idea who all these random characters are! For the main stream market, the film lines are a better bank fo them. If it was only the collectors market who were buying them, surely minimates would have ceased completley by now.

Have faith brothers and sisters after all, this is four waves released within 4 or 5 months and how long was the gap between waves 11 and 12. Its a good thing peeps, at least in my eyes!

As thrilled as I am about new Minimates, I'll probably sit this wave out. A line with a flaming skull, a demon and Satan based on a film that looks pretty dark just isn't very kid friendly. It always bothers me when dark, adult oriented movies have toys made for them. Kids don't need that. I'm not saying these will be geared to kids, just that I hope they're not released later at retail. This seems like a wave geared to collectors and I don't see that spreading the Minimate cause much. I'm also not happy it's another movie line so close to another one. I used to think that any Minimates is better than no Minimates, but I think I've changed my mind.

And for what it's worth, my bet for wave 16 is Spider-Man, either movie based or with characters from the movie.