UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The final straw ?

I always try to keep things in perspective but just lately collecting Minimates....specifically TRU minimates has become just a burden to me . I'm not one to just give in but sometimes you've got to know when you're beat & I nearly am . I decided against buying the Munsters Koach from TRU.com, it was difficult but getting bashed up crap which I've paid good money to finally receive in the UK ain't worth the expectation. I'm not a packaging Nazi but there's a line to be drawn & I've drawn it.

I like the TRU marvel poll set but ,again, what's the point of ordering more stuff from TRU.com when they've still got my money for WD stuff that I'm never going to see ? I now learn that I'm to jump through hoops for the Amazon WD box set ....remember the Ghostbusters Videogame box set fiasco ? Well I do & they are still sitting in the TRU warehouse with cases of the Galactus box sets from last year

So the final straw.........TRU.com offered me this morning the opportunity of a lifetime ,an opportunity to win a trip to Scotland for two . I'd enter but I'm as sure as F*@k that I wouldn't be able to give the prize away.

Scotland ? :no:

Edited by buttheadsmate

It's a little unclear what you're asking for here. Are you complaining or asking for advice? :sweat:

Rob, do you want me to pick up some Munsters Coaches from the store for you? I've always managed to find vehicles with good packaging for you. Let me know. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what you mean by "what's the point of ordering more stuff from TRU.com when they've still got my money for WD stuff that I'm never going to see?", can you elaborate?

He's just having a "I'm getting too old for this $#!t." moment. They happen. I'm having one to a lesser extent with the TRU box set too.

I don't know, BHM. As an American who's never been across the pond, I'd love a chance to see Scottland... or at least go stare at that Loch hoping to see a weird ripple so I can tell all my friends I saw a monster. Different perspective I guess.

Thanks as ever for your offer YB,I'm not actually hopping up & down mad about this.....I'm just tired of it. I am blessed with members ....nay.... friends who always offer to jump in & help me out, in fact it would be easier to think of those members who don't . I'm really grateful but should we all be scurrying around like loonies just because an outfit like TRU.com couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery? I have little doubt that the TRU poll set will mysteriously re-appear again on the TRU.com site but surely to God somebody there knows about stock-management & updating inventories ? Sadly it appears the answer is No.

Order...locating stock.....confirm.....cancel....out of stock ....order again...locating stock....confirm....cancel... :rolleyes:

Check out TBT's comments for elaboration of the 'frozen funds' because he's suffered on a grander scale than I .

He's just having a "I'm getting too old for this $#!t." moment. They happen. I'm having one to a lesser extent with the TRU box set too.

I don't know, BHM. As an American who's never been across the pond, I'd love a chance to see Scottland... or at least go stare at that Loch hoping to see a weird ripple so I can tell all my friends I saw a monster. Different perspective I guess.

Being English it is almost obligatory to be disrespectful to Scotland.....no real harm meant :thumbsup: It was the irony of this morning's emails....#1 cancellation of order #2 offer of chance to win trip to Scotland.

Regards being "too old for this $~!t." ? Perhaps ,or perhaps I see the bigger picture & for all the good TRU has done for my hobby it could have done so very much more.

I understand your frustrations. I almost never order from TRU. Even when I can't find it in store although I have never had an order cancelled and don't know what it's like to order from over seas from a place like TRU , I can understand your frustrations.

Don't forget, that out arrangement works both ways. Let me know if you need me to find you stuff.

I think the bigger picture is that TRU is easily the world's largest seller of toys at B&M and on-line and that when you're that big you tend to ignore the finer details. One thing I appreciate about Luke and his on-line store (and others like him) is the attention to detail, but I know that it has to happen when you're on that scale otherwise you can't stay in business. TRU can afford to screw-up countless orders, yet because they're still making a huge profit it's doubtful that they really care. It happens all over the place with larger companies and unless they suddenly start showing a huge loss in profits, it's doubtful that they start looking into how insane their business practices are from the customer's perspective. Just my opinion at least.

I have found myself less and less interested in Minimates since the announcement of the Outback X-Men (the last thing to really get me excited about Minimates), and I think having to deal with TRU has contributed to it. I can't stand going to that place in person, and trying to play the "catch exclusives right when they appear in-stock and pray they don't get canceled" lottery has long since lost its novelty.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, BHM. I know a lot of toy collectors live for the hunt, and I used to go to four area (well, regional) Wal-Marts in a day looking for Marvel Legends, but I can't imagine what it's like to hunt from another continent, or even an island off of said continent.

Hope the funk passes, you're a respected contributor to these boards, the hobby and DST's bottom line.

......I can't imagine what it's like to hunt from another continent, or even an island off of said continent.

In the days when you couldbuy minimates in the UK I rarely bothered because it was far cheaper to import them from the US ......it still is .

Amazon UK is currently selling standard cases (1 chase per case) of Wave 1 Walking Dead Minimates

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diamond-Select-Walking-Minimates-2-Packs/dp/B007TT84QW/ref=sr_1_5?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1355943697&sr=1-5

£114.71 equates to $187 which is precisely twice what you'll need to pay for a custom case from the US ...about $90 & you'll get 3 chase sets .

I can forsee the WD 4 pack being sold in the UK & I guess it will be about £16+ .....$26+ .

...I'd love a chance to see Scottland... or at least go stare at that Loch hoping to see a weird ripple so I can tell all my friends I saw a monster. Different perspective I guess.

Me too!

And bhm, I hope you stick around. Your contributions are always valued and I'd be sad to see you go. I can't understand how hard it is to get stuff from so far away... but I *do* think that you're in the right place to have others help you out so you don't have to get beaten up stuff.

Edited by Mystery Man

I don't even bother with TRU.com. I just pray and hunt. :(

I don't even remember when i last ordered from them. It might have been Marvel Legends 2012 Wave 1...like last fall (they had variants first). Every time a minimate wave goes up, i tell myself i'll order it, but really it's not worth the hassle. Eventually i find what i'm after, and it's more satisfying that way.

Boxsets tend to never show up for my at my local TRU, so I order them online. Otherwise, I do find the new waves of 2-packs eventually (still need to get a Cammy from Street Fighter x Tekken)...

If DST ever gets around to making 90s X-Factor and 90s Forge and Banshee (with classic variant) as well as the missing members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Blob) I will declare DST as the godliest of toy companies. They already have my total devotion thanks to the 90s X-Men complete, the Outback X-Men complete, and almost 90s X-Force complete (we at least need a 90s Warpath).

Marvel Minimates helped me kick my Marvel Legends habit big time. Better character selection, more options of said characters in appearance, and heck of a space saver.

I don't think I'll stop collecting minimates until DST kills the line, which hopefully is not for a very VERY long time still. We still need a number of teams completed and characters made (*hint, hint* Power Pack *hint, hint*)