UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How do I always end up with this crap?

TM2 Dinobot

Always. It's just sitting there by the dumpsters, and I ninja it out of Walmart. I have no use for it. I don't like Batman. I don't know why kids who like Batman and were allowed to see the movie. I guess maybe store credit at an LCS? <_<

DSC02289_zpse22fdfe5.jpg

So all that considered, WHY do I get this stuff? I actually straight up could NOT just leave it there (i was allowed to take it, i didn't steal it) but I have no use for it? So why didn't I let someone else claim it? The guy was about to throw them out. I don't understand me sometimes.

I get it. It's one of those things that it's just too cool to pass up. In my den, I still have the near life-sized Cyclops/Sabretooth display that was used to promote the movie on DVD. I'm not a fan of either character and I really wanted the Wolverine stand up, but it's just too sweet to toss or try to sell.

I have a 7' vinyl banner of Jean Grey from X3. I hate X3..... but i like JEan enough to hold onto it, even though there is no room to hang it in my house.

I also have the X-Men 1 standee which features a near life-size Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops & Mystique. I suspect that when my partner and i buy a house together, it will be on the condition that i get rid of some of this wonderful junk.

Wait... is this another of these "just showed up at my house" situations like with the rare Lego set that magically appeared at your door?

I was able to pick up a 3 foot Inflatable Gold Yoda Pepsi Can from a few years ago. "Thought" it was cool at the time....

It was cool. I actually found the gold yoda can in a 12 pk of Mountain Dew. Best tasting Dew evar!! :rolleyes: I called the 1-800 number and had a special message that played saying how I was one of the lucky ones to win such a prize. I got a $50 check from Pepsi along with a hollow sealed gold yoda replacement can. I had all the other cans stacked in my dorm room in college. Now that's cool. :lol:

I spotted this auction on ebay recently http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-Full-Set-of-63-baby-milo-KUBRICK-Super-Collectors-Item-/200837844949?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2ec2de4fd5

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm one wave (9 characters) away from completing the set :unsure: They are just dreadful/useless/hopeless but I'm glad that I never paid an awful lot for them & I'm keeping my eye on that auction in the hope that I can unload mine tout de suite in the new year.

Temporary holding area post-638-0-08256700-1355927432_thumb.jpg post-638-0-26946100-1355927446_thumb.jpg

No. I took it from walmart.

So... the answer to your titular question is "because you keep taking it." Follow TTF's suggestion, go drop them in a Charity bin so some kids who wants them can have them. Then head home, invite those girls over who want to "open figures with you", and relax for a while.

And quit bringing home strange things from Walmart before you catch something penicillin can't cure.:unsure: