UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Second member to crack 10K

And here I was happy to break 3k recently. I feel like such a slacker.

Seriously, Congratulations on not shutting up.

Congrats BHM, for being the second member to receive this dubious distinction! We are brethren in an elite hall of shame :highfive2:

Seriously though, on some forums 10K posts isn't even all that noteworthy.

Edited by karamazov80

This isn't some forums, Bro!

Yeah, of course this is a very different kind of forum from others in some important ways, mostly in terms of the kinds of members who are attracted to it and stay on (who are excellent!). But regarding post counts, the big difference is that there is a relatively restricted focus here. I never pay much attention to the post count stuff myself, never did and still don't care anything about it, and didn't even know I was approaching and exceeding that benchmark until others told me about it. Before that, BHM and TBT told me that I was the guy with most posts on this forum, and I was pretty surprised honestly. I don't feel that I (nor Rob) are bombarding the forum with posts all the time, but we have been fairly consistent, with the exception of Rob stepping away briefly awhile back to take a break from things. That's really all it takes to get here. Post a little bit every day. Eventually, if you take a step back to look at things, you'll be surprised at how much time and energy you've really waste. . .er, spent here.

Edited by karamazov80

Congratulations guys. Must say I lurk here more than I post but have always loved the respect on the forum. Amazing that you guys made it to that count and have remained in good spirits about it. See you at 10,000 in maybe 12 years :tongue:

• 7 months later...

Congrats. I can picture you guys in smoker jackets in the 10k post room. Just like on SNL.

EDIT: Now with moving pictures!

http://youtu.be/AkvR7N086oo

NOTE: While not the exact clip I wanted, this does convey what I think about you two. :D

SECOND EDIT: Found the clip I was thinking of before:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4260

Edited by Onyx_6