• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm going to modify undeadpool's guess to say:

Thing Silver Surfer /Annihilus

Firelord/Airwalker

Morbius/Spiderman Blade

Hulk/Absorbing Man (fear itself versions)

Well,we had a blade and he and morbius are monster themed characters so they could fit into a ghost rider wave.But if morbius is in this wave,i'm a happy man!

Aside from a two-pack partner swap and a single character selection error, one of you has pretty much nailed it. Pretty psyched for this wave.

Psycho Man as the error? Maybe? With Thing. And Franklin with Annihilus. For the swap. Missing Heralds. And a Mighty/Worthy pack. FTW? I like it! :D

My more realisic one is:

Thing/Annihilus

Fully flamed on Human Torch/Silver Surfer

Firelord/Airwalker

Worthy Hulk/a fairly high profile Mighty character (maybe Red She-Hulk)

I think Stegron's the guy who nailed it here. So... with a partner swap & one sub:

Thing/Annihilus

Air Walker/ Torch

Firelord/Surfer

Worthy Hulk / Mighty Somebody

...just got to thinking that the Heralds poll "losers" might be a better sell if they were split & paired with A-listers.

My more realisic one is:

Thing/Annihilus

Firelord/Airwalker

I think Stegron's the guy who nailed it here. So... with a partner swap & one sub:

Thing/Annihilus

Air Walker/ Torch

Firelord/Surfer

Worthy Hulk / Mighty Somebody

...just got to thinking that the Heralds poll "losers" might be a better sell if they were split & paired with A-listers.

That swap could make sense actually. Of course, if (and it's still a big "if"!) I did get it right I kind of cheated by having 2 guesses in one go! :whistling:

This image is the reason people have been mentioning Morbius

529993_451649601545969_1994963917_a.jpg

Doing some character research...

can anyone identify some of the other partially shown characters?

In the very lower right-hand corner is Starfox's hips/waist/upper legs.

But nobody wants a Starfox minimate, do they?

I'm always up for a Minimate of an unreleased Avenger.

Fear Itself is one "look/team" I would not mind at all if DST did not complete. So many other things I would much rather see then Fear Itself.

I second that.

While I too agree that there are lots of figures much higher on my wishlist than Fear Itself 'mates, I actually really like the designs so would still be happy to see more worthy. Although not their iconic looks, I very much doubt we would have a Grey Gargoyle or a Sin of any sort without FI and if we also got an attuma and/or titania out of it that would be a big bonus for me.

I'm with Stegron on this one. There are teams/looks i would like to see finished first - but I really wouldn't mind if they fleshed out the Fear Itself sets a bit more. Especially if the characters selected can double as standard 616 versions with little or no part-swapping.

Red She-Hulk could act as both if a second set of arms were included. And i'd love to see Attuma finally get made if they include some non-neon parts with him as well.

Well, if they're going to do more FI figures, the time is now before that book is completely forgotten. My gut tells me it's not happening, unless it's to make more variants of the core guys. I'm hoping that Zach's crossover teaser is referring to Annihilation somehow, and that we'll be getting Annihilus with... and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up... Quasar!

There were more then two Quasars. Wendell Vaughan and Phyla-Vell the most notable. Richard Rider was briefly Quasar and Nuetron from the Shi'ar Imperial Guard was once called Quasar. I would love to see a Wendell Vaughan minimate, off the top of my head, I don't think he's ever been made in any toy form.

• 2 weeks later...

So - with the new Stange Tales box set announced, perhaps we can narrow down the possibilities for this wave.

Mr Fantastic

Human Torch

Thing

Dragon Man Zach has confirmed no DM

Blastaar Appearing in Wave 48

Silver Surfer

Werewolf by Night Strange Tales Box Set

Morbius Strange Tales Box Set

FA Blade Strange Tales Box Set

Galactus

Fire Lord

Starfox

Aside from a two-pack partner swap and a single character selection error, one of you has pretty much nailed it. Pretty psyched for this wave.

With this in mind - the line-ups previously mentioned that could suit are:

Undeadpool:

Thing/Annihilus

Firelord/Airwalker

Morbius/Spiderman

Hulk/Absorbing Man (fear itself versions)

Kostfire:

Firelord/airwalker

Annihilus/thing

Msmarvel(mighty)/attuma(worthy)

Silver surfer/Franklin with herbie

stegron01:

Thing/Annihilus

Franklin with Herbie/Medusa

Firelord/Airwalker (a certainty I think)

2 Mighty or Worthy (maybe Attuma to fit the FF theme and Absorbing man)

or

Thing/Annihilus

Firelord/Airwalker

MrClean:

Black Panther (Classic)/Namor(Modern X-Man) - member/associate

Lyja/Annihilus - member(?)/villain

Firelord/Airwalker- Heralds 4-pack

Ben Grimm/Titania - Secret Wars 4-pack

Taking all bets!

based on the reveal today id change my guess to:

FireLord/AirWalker

Thing/Annihilus

Spiderman/Franklin Richards

Worthy/Mighty (i cant narrow it down to any 2)

Edit...based on Zachs comments (this is assuming i guessed right) ok...so one character was wrong (my guess is Morbius) and the partner swap...hmm...well im guessing the character that would be in Morbius's place will either be Franklin Richards of Silver Surfer, so...i feel like if its Franklin, hes got to come with spidey, if its Surfer hes got to go with one of the heralds...this is tough...

Zach, can you tell us if any of the mates in this wave will appear in ANY other set?

Edited by undeadpool

First of all, I'd like to know which issue of FF that is in the pic with the flame-on Johnny on the cover. I'm curious who else it features. Second of all, did everyone else notice just how crisp and lovely those issues looked in terms of their minty-condition? Just look at the corners! *drool*

Third, I'd really prefer to see King of the Negative Zone Johnny Storm as seen in his recent return from the "dead" packaged with Annihilus - it would be the perfect complement to the whole Future Foundation set, not to mention being one of the few notable Johnny variants still available.

FireLord/AirWalker

Thing/Annihilus

Edit...based on Zachs comments (this is assuming i guessed right) ok...so one character was wrong (my guess is Morbius) and the partner swap...hmm...well im guessing the character that would be in Morbius's place will either be Franklin Richards of Silver Surfer, so...i feel like if its Franklin, hes got to come with spidey, if its Surfer hes got to go with one of the heralds...this is tough...

Zach, can you tell us if any of the mates in this wave will appear in ANY other set?

I still don't think that it's going to be another Worthy/Mighty set... or at least that it should be. The story was not particularly well received, it doesn't appear to be a big part of the continuing Marvel framework (the way Civil War and Secret Invasion were), and the designs are fairly esoteric and unlikely to appeal to a mass audience. Were I in charge of DST, I'd probably just let Fear Itself rest...

... but then, I'm not in charge of DST.

FireLord/AirWalker

Thing/Annihilus

I still don't think that it's going to be another Worthy/Mighty set... or at least that it should be. The story was not particularly well received, it doesn't appear to be a big part of the continuing Marvel framework (the way Civil War and Secret Invasion were), and the designs are fairly esoteric and unlikely to appeal to a mass audience. Were I in charge of DST, I'd probably just let Fear Itself rest...

I one thousand percent agree with this.

Zach said they did a bunch of designs for fear itself that would probably be incorporated into future waves, so that was my bases, but im going to change it actually too:

Firelord/AirWalker

Thing/Annihilus

Spiderman/Franklin

Namor(Phoenix Five)/Magik(Phoenix Five)

it could be Emma and Colossus since we have already seen designs for them, but really any combination fits, AvX is big, people may not want to admit it, but Marvels really pushing it hard on the masses.

Seems like people here would dig more Mighty/Worthy designs, I've mentioned that we HAVE more Mighty/Worthy designs, and most are cool variations on fairly big-name characters, which means most are recognizable to the average Marvel fan. Maybe they'd be short-packed, but I think they're as appealing as anything else we've done as a TRU exclusive. Remember, we did Boomer in Series 13. BOOMER.

FireLord/AirWalker

Thing/Annihilus

Nope! No overlap between LCS and TRU from here on out, as far as I know.

But you're so close!

Keep in mind that Zach also said that barring 1 incorrect character, the line-up had already been guessed - So Magik & Namor probably wont turn up.

true...i just cant think of a sensible line up by applying his remarks to any of the already guessed line ups, seeing as i doubt they'd pair a Worthy with someone who isnt a Mighty or another Worthy...