UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Exclusives?

I tried to slip it into conversation here and there to no avail. So, I'll just come right out with it.

Zach, any plans you can tip for New York Comic Con? I don't think they've been officially announced, but it sounds like AFX is doing the second Alpha Flight set and another Thundercats set. Can we expect any exclusives from our dear DST?

It's not that getting the whole AlphaFlight line-up in one year *isn't* awesome . . . It's just that we're greedy kids who always want more.

Please please please let there be more Marvel Box Set fun @ NYCC!!!

It's also been suggested that AFX might have the 3rd T-Cats set available. My assumption has long been that DST would do a sister set for the AvX SDCC set, featuring several Avengers. But I don't know how much my wallet can take!

Good news, everyone! Well, good news for your wallets. Looks like we won't have any exclusives at NYCC aside from those two totally awesome AFX sets. I think I can say that with complete confidence at this point. I'll let you know what we come up with as far as promos go.

I kid, I kid. You guys have hit it out of the park all around this year, and there's really nothing to grouse about. We've just gotten to be like some kind of giant, gluttonous, Minimate-devouring blob. The more you feed us, the more we want.

We Hunger....

I've heard just as much "I need to cut back" and "There's too much coming out" as I do calls for more product, so I'm going to assume we're putting out the exact right amount.

But the sets at NYCC should tide you over. If you need more, come by the booth, and I'll write "NYCC 2012" on a Fear Itself box set for you.

Ugh, now i want a Blob Minimate. Monsters AND Marvel. <_<:sweat:

Hoping for another AvX set but with All Avengers this time. New Ms Marvel (traditional costume or Captain), Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Hawkeye. That would fantastic.

Looking forward to the Thundercats too. I hope AFX has leftovers of the first set there too.

I don't think this is a problem at all, Zach. You guys have really built up the amount of con exclusives you do, so I think that pulling back a bit is quite justified. One question: in the past, the "build a Minimate" promotion has been predicated on buying a certain amount from the DST booth. But, without any new exclusives, it might be hard for us dedicated Minimate fans to find enough to buy to qualify. Can/will the AFX sets count towards the promotion (assuming you're doing it again this year)? I ask because I'm in DESPERATE need of a new set of Vulture wings, and I was counting on getting them at the booth this year.

Translucent Purple would have been awesome! Or maybe a translucent green Snake from Wave 1.

Still - that AlphaFlight set will be brilliant. Can't wait to have them all displayed together.

Edited by Nessex