UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hey! We should do that thing DC just did!

Lobsterman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel has made it clear that the artwork shown is representative of the characters involved, and will not represent any one team. So Rocket Raccon will probably not be an Avenger.

But hey - Hulk in armor! That's new & exciting!

It merits its own thread...

I have a bad feeling about this. Go ahead Marvel, give me a good reason to dump all my Marvel stuff.

I get access to my mate's Marvel comics...he buys them I read them. That sounds a bit one-sided but we have an understanding whereby I just give him some of my old Marvel stuff ....I dripfeed him :biggrin: He ain't no fool & neither am I ,I get to read the newer stuff for free whilst he gets the older stuff in exchange. The reason I mention that is because of late I'm struggling with much of the new stuff he's lending me whilst I'm getting back into some the older stuff that I'm meant to be just giving to him.... & re-reading it first. I'm not saying it's all much better than today's stuff but (e.g.) there are only so many Avengers you can cram around the seemingly obligatory 'breakfast table scene' :confused:

I guess the JLA had their table so I guess blah blah blah ...... :sad:

Is that what happens when Phoenix gets her chocolate in Scarlet Witch's peanut butter? I think we're looking at the after effects of the as yet unknown ending of AvX(which I haven't read yet).

Im sorry about spelling just come back from pub :)

Spidey to tie in to cartoon..hate toon but cant say more till see the comic.

Robo Hulk.. why he need armour no idea never read the WWH stuff but on 616 earth if hulk got mad enough nothing is going to make hime need armour.

Thor is now Ares.. ok look but boring.

Jean Grey..I like the classic look but if the rest of the X-men dont do it no use. I actually think that is a spoiler Phoniex force want her reseruted or not and she rejects.

Cable. Please kill him off . any fault in a storyline gets puts straight because its trying to stop the Days of Future Crap X-Men story.

Ironman. Its a new armour style..toymakers of the world need a tissue right about now because they can sell more.

Nova...I prefer the Classic but I'm not surprisde, seeing how he played a proment role in the start of the main story now.

Sue Storm just looks like fute foundation uniform.

I dont Know if that is the new fury or not but the patch is onwrong side from my memorys.

Dont like the Cyclops that is just wrong with the X visor and the colour change in unform is very maneto ted.

Who is the dude in the yellow with claws?

If Cap has gone all army style on his stuff. There is no way he can war tht undr jeanes and a shirt.

and the guy in the front is just chewy bbq when thechips run out.

I like the Hulk in armor. It makes him look threatening, certainly more than all the other gamma-irradiated monsters jumping around. Now he's a standout on the runway, baby!

Absolutely adoring Daredevil's new duds although I'm not sure why he's got a shiny X on his noggin.

Okay, seriously; I don't get the drama. Most of these characters change their costumes with the seasons. It's what Marvel does. This is nothing compared to the Great Trunks Drama of Summer '11 that Superman fans agonized over. So long as everyone's recognizable – and they are – what's the big deal?

It's not a reboot like DC, it's just another relaunch/renumbering/reshuffle. Cause, ya know that issues with numbers higher than 25 scare away new readers... Or at least that is what the suits running both major companies seem to be convinced of.

1341389341[/url]' post='235298']

http://popwatch.ew.c...grey-exclusive/

There's the article for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

How would the X-Men feel if they meet their future selves?

Cyclops: I'm a butthole?

Marvel Girl: I'm dead?

Beast: I'm blue?

Angel: I've got amnesia?

Iceman: I'm still the same! Yay!

Thanks for the link! Is it just me, or does Hulk's forearm armor resemble Juggernaught's ? Also, who's the floating robot head with the SHIELD logo? I can't help but think the mentioned Red Skull storyline would require a much larger mutant population for it to really work...

You know typing when had a few beers can be squiffy what I meant for Cyclops is that he is all like Magneto Red in colour which leads me into what I think is going on in the Xmen Comics he is looking like the modern Magneto type character with the same principals.

Which makes me weird, cause I can't tell you how many comics I've jumped into in mid stream higher than 50.

Noooo... That's not what makes you weird. ;)

Okay, seriously; I don't get the drama. Most of these characters change their costumes with the seasons. It's what Marvel does. This is nothing compared to the Great Trunks Drama of Summer '11 that Superman fans agonized over. So long as everyone's recognizable – and they are – what's the big deal?

For me, its not costume or team changes that worry me. Its backstory and history. I've grown up with these characters and I know where they all came from. I relate to that when I read about them. It is a lot of what I know about them and how I understand them. Throwing all that out the window will alienate older fans, IMO.

If they want fresh characters, let them create new ones...

If they want fresh characters, let them create new ones...

No one wants to create new characters just to see them become movies & cartoons and not see a dime of money from it...

I don't see this as a reboot - more of a "we're mixing everything up to appear new". It's a huge reshuffling of their creative teams, a chance for them to introduce even more Avengers titles, and a way to push their cosmic characters before they start showing up in movies in 2014. But I doubt there will be any huge continuity changes like DC did.

Oh, and here's the promo artwork from Marvel on a clean white background. Cyclops is going to have to lose the red bodysuit if he doesn't want people to think he's Daredevil...

post-66-0-87088600-1341499706_thumb.jpg

Edited by boyd

It's too risky to create new characters, especially in this ecomony. That's not how we recovered from the Great Depression. We came up with one character that worked – Superman – and just made variations on that theme. Besides, a publisher boasting over 8,000 characters doesn't need new ones, they just need to promote others. Like ones who wear fur instead of Spandex.

And has anyone else noticed the giant "O" on Cap's shield? It sure doesn't stand for "Bush." I wish they'd leave politics out of these comics.

[/ridiculous internet fanboi rant]

Haha, I thought you were being serious there for a moment PL. :P

I think this may end up being just a "Hey look! Read these! Please!" thing rather than a total '^@ you' like DC did with 52. Like changing the seasons on a TV show. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. It was about time for a new IM armor anyways. And ripped pants Hulk annoyed me anyways. I always thought he should have gone to an expandable body suit years ago. Or just have him have no genitalia as the Hulk and drop the pants all together.

Every once in a while I read something so stupid on these interwebs that I have to try it myself. :biggrin:

I agree, this is probably much ado about nothing. Like Shane said, so long as they don't mess with the characters (Logan's been a transvestite all this time?!) a change of costume isn't that big of a deal, certainly not for most of these characters.

But seriously, Hulk in armor? WTF? They got some 'splainin' to do.