UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Everyone knows, the Bengali set is not Series 4, right? Just checking.

Whoops! How could I forget the awesomeness of powered up Mumm-Ra and Grune the Destroyer?

What I meant to say was 'AWESOME SAUCE! YES! Series 5! That Pumyra is incredible!'

These are some of the best Minimates ever made. I love them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows, the Bengali set is not Series 4, right? Just checking.

Whoops! How could I forget the awesomeness of powered up Mumm-Ra and Grune the Destroyer?

What I meant to say was 'AWESOME SAUCE! YES! Series 5! That Pumyra is incredible!'

These are some of the best Minimates ever made. I love them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Incorrect.

It's called "Thundercats Ho!" Boxset. unrelated to the numbered box sets.

This seems to be confusing ( and I can understand why). it really hasnt been formally introduced as such. but it is what it is.

Weird that this set would be released through Diamond and not be an AFX exclusive. I wonder if AFX decided that they didn't want to carry another, but Icon Heroes decided to plow ahead. Not to be Debbie Downer (that's almost my mother-in-law's name, BTW smile.png), but I wonder if there will be enough orders for this set for it to reach production.

Considering that Diamond has bought any left over T-Cats sets from AFX and offered them to their retailers, I can't imagine orders would be so low as to prevent it from being made. I will push it extra hard.

I think so Zach, but if you were to drop some previously unseen sample pix of Series 4, that would definitely help with the confusion. thumbsup.gif

Bring on Ma-mutt!!!

That is unfortunately not our product, so Icon Heroes or their distributor on that set will have to announce/reveal.

I ordered the series 2 and 3 sets from Amazon on Friday. I wasn't a fan of the Thundercats in the 80's but I really loved the new series. Maybe it's just childhood nostalgia, but I'm really starting to dig the merchandise from the original. Even though Bandai's action figures failed hard, I'm glad the original cast is making it out in Minimate form.

Okay, I just became the proud owner of the first three sets of Thundercats Minimates (thanks, Luke!) but I have a question:

As I recall, the early Thundercats logo tampos had a tendency to rub right off at the slightest touch. Was this corrected late in production or should I dab some clear nail polish on them just to be safe?

Hey Zach, is there a release date for the 4th boxset, and any plans on when we get to see the protos, or finished pieces? getting very antsy for this set, wanted mumm-ra the ever living for almost 10 yrs now, and Grune is the best baddie on thundera, or third earth!

Thanks in advance for any info!

Okay, I just became the proud owner of the first three sets of Thundercats Minimates (thanks, Luke!) but I have a question:

As I recall, the early Thundercats logo tampos had a tendency to rub right off at the slightest touch. Was this corrected late in production or should I dab some clear nail polish on them just to be safe?

It was only Lion--O's belt that was the problem; I put some clear coat on mine right out of the package, so I can't say if mine had that problem. I believe that there were/are plans to include a replacement belt in one of the upcoming releases.

Hey Zach, is there a release date for the 4th boxset, and any plans on when we get to see the protos, or finished pieces? getting very antsy for this set, wanted mumm-ra the ever living for almost 10 yrs now, and Grune is the best baddie on thundera, or third earth!

That's going to be AFX's call, since it's their set, but I'd say SDCC exclusive is a safe bet.

You will definitely have to ask AFX, it is their exclusive with Icon Heroes.

You will definitely have to ask AFX, it is their exclusive with Icon Heroes.

Gotcha, I'm on it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, the wait was more than worth it! I love all the extras, like Jaga's hair and young face. I'm glad the Lion-O belt it not a tampo (which was my big fear) MaMutt looks wicked cool, and Grune is Bad@$$!!! I may be looking at my new favorite minimate with Mumm-Ra the everliving, his weapon is super duper! Even tho I've wanted these since I got my first minimate, I'm glad they were made now. I don't think they would be as good if they were made before the new bulked up parts, and especially when they all seemed to have the same hair, and everything was paint apps and not a lot of sculpted parts. Still crossing my fingers that MOTU will eventually get made, and better yet Hanna Barbera.

oh yeah, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Looks like the cape might be partly attached to one set of hands, and the other set is if you want him cape-less.

Hands down, the best exclusive set of SDCC. :thumbsup:

Well, the wait was more than worth it! I love all the extras, like Jaga's hair and young face. I'm glad the Lion-O belt it not a tampo (which was my big fear) MaMutt looks wicked cool, and Grune is Bad@$$!!! I may be looking at my new favorite minimate with Mumm-Ra the everliving, his weapon is super duper! Even tho I've wanted these since I got my first minimate, I'm glad they were made now. I don't think they would be as good if they were made before the new bulked up parts, and especially when they all seemed to have the same hair, and everything was paint apps and not a lot of sculpted parts. Still crossing my fingers that MOTU will eventually get made, and better yet Hanna Barbera.

oh yeah, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I agree 100%! Prior to the announcement, my desire for Thundercats Minimates was next to zero, but these boxsets have made this series one of the best lines of Minimates ever produced. Bravo to Icon Heroes and DST for pulling this off, and I hope the success of these leads to more partnerships between the two at some point.

Plus, you REALLY get your money's worth out of these sets, the amount of unique sculpts and parts included in the box is mind-blowing.

UmpOi.gif

YB, where does that gif come from?

Agreed, Thundercats is one of the best lines produced thus far. I'm not a fan, but I've snatched up every release so far! I was disappointed by the tampo issues with wave 1, but customer service came through for me. But the accessories, extra bits (mini pvc figure in each pack!!) and sculpted parts showcase what minimates can really accomplish! And it still blows my mind how every pack has a ton of new tooling in it! And I just love how eye-popping the colors are - it makes me want even more cartoon properties!