UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's your dream team?

sha_ckwave

I live by one simple rule: the man who dies with the most Minimates wins.

I can't think of a property I wouldn't buy. Power Rangers might be a close one, but I'm sure Art Asylum would make them into such cool designs, I'd end up foolishly buying the complete DVD collection.

There is a point of no return you reach and you become convinced that every single pop culture reference needs to be Minimated. I still haven't watched "24" but I got all the Minimates and lament the death of box set 3.

The dark times really tested the brand and made it stronger.

Edit: sorry I think I rambled on in the wrong thread.

Edited by Jatta Pake

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I love, love, love that we got the main '80s Excalibur, the '90s team is another one of my dream never-gonna-happens. I'd go with these guys:

pryde.jpgdouglock.jpg2220371-wolfsbane175.jpgmoira1.jpg

Captain Britain & MI13 is also up there for me...

captainbritainmi13_03_secondprinting_super.jpgmeggan.jpgFaizaHussain.jpgspitfire.jpg

Pete Wisdom could also fit with either.

Oh and it's an organization not a team I guess, but a S.W.O.R.D. set could be very cool -- Brand, a better Cat-Beast, new Spider-woman, Death's Head.

Edited by battlecat

While I love, love, love that we got the main '80s Excalibur, the '90s team is another one of my dream never-gonna-happens. I'd go with these guys:

pryde.jpgdouglock.jpg2220371-wolfsbane175.jpgmoira1.jpg

captainbritainmi13_03_secondprinting_super.jpgmeggan.jpgFaizaHussain.jpgspitfire.jpg

Pete Wisdom could also fit with either.

Oh and it's an organization not a team I guess, but a S.W.O.R.D. set could be very cool -- Brand, a better Cat-Beast, new Spider-woman, Death's Head.

Hopefully wave 50 can include a Black Knight, that would get at least one piece of MI-13 out there....just have to customize him with the jeans/jacket outfit. Wouldn't be hard.

Marvel's New Universe PSI Force. It's not that I have any special place in my heart for the New Universe stuff. But as a kid, I had a subscription to Marvel's Star Wars comic that I got in the mail every month. When that series ended, I started getting PSI Force. It wasn't bad, at least at the time. So a minimate set, including a large PSI Hawk, would be purely for nostalgia sake.

No love for the Guardians of the Galaxy? I'd really like the modern team:

th_gothg_2psr1_sm.jpg

IMO forget Kang. All minimate collections are incomplete until Rocket Raccoon gets made!

I had not considered this team, but now that you mention it, all I can say is:

jizz.gif

I miss this comic :(

Eff Chris Claremont for that garbage.

LOL I say the same for what he did with Byrne. If Sideshow ever seems interested in doing that entire team in 1/4 scale, I'll probably have to buy them.

Yeah, if Gideon had any flaws (and he doesn't), it would be lack of excessive pouches, leg belts, and the ubiquitous leather jacket.

Still, other '90s characters wish they had his ponytail, cyborg arms, and lack of feet.

Edited by karamazov80

Honestly, I would buy a Minimate Gideon though. Because he's really the pinnacle of what a '90s character always strived to be :D

Once again, I must remind you all of... this guy:

adamxxtreme1.jpg

Gideon wishes he was this lame.

Marvel Team-Up 1990: Gideon & Adam X, The X-Treme have to work together to stop the entire Malibuverse from invading the 616 and stealing the world's supply of pouches. Will this unlikely duo succeed? Are either of them a Summers' brother? And WILL the X-traitor be revealed this issue?

Marvel Team-Up 1990a: Be sure to get a hold of this 1:1000 variant holofoil cover!

Marvel Team-Up 1990b: Die-cut pouches on cover!

Marvel Team-Up 1990c: Gatefold cover featuring the cast of Gen 13, Savage Dragon, Spawn, and Lobo

(as a side note, I still like the idea of Adam X's power allowing him to ignite exposed blood. It was unique and both visually cool and theoretically useful)

Edited by Mnemosis

Speaking of powers... what exactly does Gideon do, anyway? Other then clench, I mean; after all, he was created by Rob Liefeld. I'd look it up myself, but I don't want "Marvel Comics Gideon" in my browsing history.

Speaking of powers... what exactly does Gideon do, anyway? Other then clench, I mean; after all, he was created by Rob Liefeld. I'd look it up myself, but I don't want "Marvel Comics Gideon" in my browsing history.

He was part of the group called "3.19". They had this power called "clearance". He also carried a briefcase. :)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TBZ10905&mode=retail

Mutant with powers like the Super-Adaptoid - he could copy the superhuman powers of anyone near him. He also had the ability to look good wearing a vest without a shirt.

I want to say he appeared for nearly a year without showing off his powers. The first time I remember him doing anything with them was when he guest-starred in an issue of New Warriors.

90% women? I like your taste, Battlecat.

Wow, hadn't even noticed that I'd done that! :biggrin: Just posted my faves...

Hopefully wave 50 can include a Black Knight, that would get at least one piece of MI-13 out there....just have to customize him with the jeans/jacket outfit. Wouldn't be hard.

That's true. Or an easy variant for DST. Plus we did get Blade in that X-Men set. I'd kind of like a "real" Marvel Dracula mate too (from before he started looking like a World Of Warcraft character), although the Universal Monsters Drac is close enough I guess.

Edited by battlecat

Honestly, I would buy a Minimate Gideon though. Because he's really the pinnacle of what a '90s character always strived to be :D

Once again, I must remind you all of... this guy:

adamxxtreme1.jpg

Gideon wishes he was this lame.

Psh. That guy doesn't even have one cyborg arm. Much less two. And his ponytail is almost hidden from sight! Advantage in the headwear department does go to Adam X, though. Backwards hat that would make Liefeld beam with pride. I bet he's wearing Buttonfly jeans.

Marvel Team-Up 1990: Gideon & Adam X, The X-Treme have to work together to stop the entire Malibuverse from invading the 616 and stealing the world's supply of pouches. Will this unlikely duo succeed? Are either of them a Summers' brother? And WILL the X-traitor be revealed this issue?

Marvel Team-Up 1990a: Be sure to get a hold of this 1:1000 variant holofoil cover!

Marvel Team-Up 1990b: Die-cut pouches on cover!

Marvel Team-Up 1990c: Gatefold cover featuring the cast of Gen 13, Savage Dragon, Spawn, and Lobo

(as a side note, I still like the idea of Adam X's power allowing him to ignite exposed blood. It was unique and both visually cool and theoretically useful)

LOL

He was part of the group called "3.19". They had this power called "clearance". He also carried a briefcase. :)

Yep. He did, in fact, carry a briefcase. And who knows? That briefcase could have weighed 500 pounds or so. But cyborg arms make that a non-issue for Gideon. B)

Some said it was a ridiculous story, made up to scare interns. Some say it was older than that, that it was part of a greater myth, like the solid gold coffee mug and the stapler that bit people. But one day, without warning, it was found in a meeting room in lower Manhattan - the 500 pound briefcase, sitting on top of a crushed meeting table. And there was only one man they could call to move it...

Gideon: The Movie. Starring Mark Wahlberg as the business-savvy mutant, Gideon, who must get the briefcase out of New York before the Collector (played by John Goodman) can unlock its power. Gideon's only ally is Domino (Mila Kunis), but who's side is she really on? Find out in this action-packed movie described as "Die Hard" meets "Raiders of the Lost Arc" meets "X-Men".

Hey Marvel - when you run out of movie ideas, give me a call.

Edited by boyd

the Collector (played by John Goodman) can unlock its power.

I'll show Gideon the life of the mind!

500full.jpg

Just stick cyborg arms, red muscle shirt, and ponytail on this man, and there's your Gideon:

That movie sounds to me more like Citizen Kane meets The Seventh Seal meets Garbage Pail Kids, though

Edited by karamazov80

Ok, I remember Adam X from the 90's, but had to look him up to get the specifics of the character (who woulda thunk that the INTERNET would be a great substitute for Mirymate! :P ) but I had no idea he had been used in a book as recently as "Fear Itself"!

Gideon was killed by Selene in X-Force #52, WAAAAY back in 1996, so yes, that makes Adam X a more "relevant" and "mainstream" character than Gideon.

Congrats, Karamazov80!

HA HA HA HA HA!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. :teehee:

Ok, I remember Adam X from the 90's, but had to look him up to get the specifics of the character (who woulda thunk that the INTERNET would be a great substitute for Mirymate! :P ) but I had no idea he had been used in a book as recently as "Fear Itself"!

Gideon was killed by Selene in X-Force #52, WAAAAY back in 1996, so yes, that makes Adam X a more "relevant" and "mainstream" character than Gideon.

Congrats, Karamazov80!

But... but... HE'S WEARING LEATHER CHAPS OVER HIS JEANS!