UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Which Marvel Movie 'Mates do you cut in with your 616 collection?

sha_ckwave

Just recently set up some new, completely separate from my 616 'mates, shelving for my Marvel Movie Mates.

So in the process of the move/new set-up, it made me realize that I have a bunch of MMMMs that I have cut in with my MMMs...

Spidey3 Sandman (Wave 18, sand form)

Thor Destroyer

Cap Dugan Head (used on a new Shield Agents body)

IM1 Iron Monger (with painted on clear blue paint so he's almost in 616 form)

IM1 Tony Stark in Suit

XMOW Logan in Tan Vest

XM1C Sebastian Shaw (cut in with my 616 Hellfire Club...almost did Azazel as well but ultimately left him with the other MMMMs)

Hulk Betsy Ross

Hulk General Ross

I think that's all of them... might end up cutting Uncle Ben in from the new Spidey as well.

What have you all cut-in, if any?

For the most part, I have no movie mates. (again for financial reasons more than anything else) The few I do have are civilians "cut in" with my 616 folk. Betty Ross, Happy Hogan, Pepper Pots, Jim Rhodes (sharpie mod to look more 616). Would love to get my hands on General Ross, cause I don't think they could make a better one.

Would have Gabe and Dum Dum in with the SHIELD guys if someone hadn't bought Luke out of SHIELD Agents before I could get enough. (okay multiple someones)

The Sandmen

Thor (sometimes)

Loki (Avengers and Thor)

Black Widow (Avengers)

Destroyer (Thor)

Odin (Thor)

Jigsaw (The Punisher)

General Ross (Hulk)

Hulk (Avengers. I still don't own a better Hulk than that.)

That's about it. I actually cut in a good many more than you guys do it seems. But hey, what can I say? I like the movie minimates.

my movie mates include:

General Ross

Destroyer

Maria Hill

Iron Monger

Jigsaw

Dugans Head (on a SHIELD agent body)

I really dig on the Avengers movie Hulk as well but the one I picked up has 2 left right feet :(

Edited by BannersID

I gotta say, I'm not getting why Shaw is making so many people's lists... he really looks nothing like his 616 counterpart. No black hair. No ponytail. No puffy shirt. He looks like Kevin Bacon in a suit. I wouldn't feel right about displaying him with a 616 hellfire club.

Azazel maybe. Clothes are all different, but his face and general look could pass for comic Azazel. But Shaw looks nothing like Shaw.

Many of the rest I get though. Quite a few movie-mates make passable 616 versions of their characters... usually the civilians in most cases... lol. But a few villains and secondary characters as well.

Like the OP, I've had Sandman, General Ross, and Dum Dum's head on Fury's body on my display at various times. I think I've also got both Ultimates Cap figures up, just because I'm a big Cap fan. That's probably about it. In general, I've kept movie mates off my display, and I'm actually trying to get rid of most of them.

Edited by karamazov80

theme appearing here, but I also don't really collect the movie mates, but will buy sets like Thor/Destroyer for the new characters. Thanks to movie mates, we usually get perhaps one new villains per film, and a load of supporting cast who wouldn't otherwise get made...

Iron Man - Rhodey, Pepper & Monger.

Hulk - Betty, Blonsky and General Ross.

Thor - Destroyer, Odin, Volstagg, Jane Foster, Coulson & Selvig.

Cap - Dum Dum, Gabe & Peggy.

Avengers - Hill and the Chitauri

Ben and Capt Stacy will go up with Spidey's allies.

etc.

... all the extra Iron Men, Thors and SLJ Furys go straight on ebay.

Edited by dj87

General Ross

Destroyer

Frost Giants

Dum-Dum's head - SHIELD custom

Dum-Dum's head - Howling Commandos custom

Gabe's head - Howling Commandos custom

Jigsaw

Sandman (all sand version) - exchangeable parts

Transformation Venom - chest slime piece

Playboy Tony Stark

Iron Monger

Sebastian Shaw's head - Black King custom

Oooooo the Iguana!

Man I need a second Destroyer... my youngest has "borrowed" mine long enough I doubt I'm getting it back. Ah well. Toys are for kids and all.

I segregate mine, but would love to see your repaint of Iron Monger.

Viola (although the camera flash made him look a little glossier than he really is)...

IM.jpg

Not comic accurate by any means, but I had the extra from one of the IM 4-packs and figured 'close enough for now'.

I gotta say, I'm not getting why Shaw is making so many people's lists... he really looks nothing like his 616 counterpart. No black hair. No ponytail. No puffy shirt. He looks like Kevin Bacon in a suit. I wouldn't feel right about displaying him with a 616 hellfire club.

It's the "close enough" desperation rule for me. We have an incomplete Hellfire club from that era, I don't think they'll get to Shaw anytime soon, this one was close enough to be cut into the back of my Hellfire club grouping.