UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2012 - Pictures and info

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YB, ya done did us all proud on this one. Thanks for all the work you've put in keeping us up to speed.

Kang... I am honestly afraid to get my hopes up.

Ditto EMH for "animated series"

Mr. Fixit and Maestro can't get here quick enough.

I didn't have the ability to post during the panel or have the ability to post my pics yet, but I thought I'd chime in on the day also. First off, YB is by far the most in touch person when it comes to the DST booth at C2E2 (poor Zach). And TM2 is everything I imagined he'd be (how's that for ambivalent?). And it was a thrill to meet Mr. and Mrs. boyd. Onthe way home I thought about how I didn't just get to meet up with some of the boad members, but was able to meet some of the longer standing members that I've always been able to talk and relate to over the years and that was a very welcome thing.

And concerning the stuff that everyone else cares about, the more I thought about it after the panel, I'm not really convinced Kang was being related to Disney. I know why the connection was made, but in hindsight I'm not sure it was intended. But, I'll agree with YB that it's Kang. I think the way the figure announcement was handled was a nod to the fact that he's been asked for for a long time. And maybe I'm wrong, but I took it as a new wave or set was going to be debuted on Marvel.com and not just that figure. The other thing I'll mention that I'm not sure Justin has hit on is the fact that watching Zach in action is amazing. Any time I saw the booth, he was being dragged in 5 different direction and didn't seem to have any down time. You watch knowing it's his job, but you see the extra bit of pride and a desire to please fans that is more than what he's paid for. I'm glad we all gave them cookies for what they do (although I'm pretty sure Chris Myers was more impressed with what I brought than what boyd offered up).

And my own highlight of the booth was seeing all of TRU wave 13 facing outward while Daredevil was facing the other way. Chris Schaff admitted doing it on purpose and I thought it was pure genius. Overall, just seeing the DST end of things was worth the trip. Yopu all should be ashamed of yourselves for not making it there.

I didn't have the ability to post during the panel or have the ability to post my pics yet, but I thought I'd chime in on the day also. First off, YB is by far the most in touch person when it comes to the DST booth at C2E2 (poor Zach). And TM2 is everything I imagined he'd be (how's that for ambivalent?). And it was a thrill to meet Mr. and Mrs. boyd. Onthe way home I thought about how I didn't just get to meet up with some of the boad members, but was able to meet some of the longer standing members that I've always been able to talk and relate to over the years and that was a very welcome thing.

And concerning the stuff that everyone else cares about, the more I thought about it after the panel, I'm not really convinced Kang was being related to Disney. I know why the connection was made, but in hindsight I'm not sure it was intended. But, I'll agree with YB that it's Kang. I think the way the figure announcement was handled was a nod to the fact that he's been asked for for a long time. And maybe I'm wrong, but I took it as a new wave or set was going to be debuted on Marvel.com and not just that figure. The other thing I'll mention that I'm not sure Justin has hit on is the fact that watching Zach in action is amazing. Any time I saw the booth, he was being dragged in 5 different direction and didn't seem to have any down time. You watch knowing it's his job, but you see the extra bit of pride and a desire to please fans that is more than what he's paid for. I'm glad we all gave them cookies for what they do (although I'm pretty sure Chris Myers was more impressed with what I brought than what boyd offered up).

And my own highlight of the booth was seeing all of TRU wave 13 facing outward while Daredevil was facing the other way. Chris Schaff admitted doing it on purpose and I thought it was pure genius. Overall, just seeing the DST end of things was worth the trip. Yopu all should be ashamed of yourselves for not making it there.

For those boad members that don't know .....the 'Yopu all' are a secretive sect who worship plastic.

Thanks GH & YB for keeping us all up to speed & your comments about Zach aren't surprising to me ,his passion for minimates

is supremely evident in his posts.....just like yours (GH),youbastards,Boyd & TM2Dinobot et al.

Getting 'Minimates' in the Guinness Book of Records ........ :ohmy: I'd truly love that.....do you know how hard it is to be the 'oldest' collector of Minimates in the world without any recognition :(

WM and Target are not possibilities, so much as stores we pitch product to regularly. We hold out hope.

Also, Giant Man does not have duck feet. He has Frankenstein feet. But the REDACTED are indeed giant ducks. Their leader is Howard. That is all.

...do you know how hard it is to be the 'oldest' collector of Minimates in the world without any recognition :(

There might be a memory of such for me, but it seems to sunk into my boggy brain. :)

youbastards, groundhog7s, thanks for your incredible attention to our needs. I know how these booths, panels, conventions are and constantly worrying about documenting the event for others kind of drains some of the fanboy joy from it. So thank you.

Leaving the show, but had one last conversation with Zach and confirmed that the REDACTED has a slipcover head, but DST didn't have any other design info from Marvel, so the head/body doesn't have any tampos.

Also confirmed that Marvel.com will be unveiling the new exclusive set and Zach thinks it should be available really soon, but he doesn't want to steal any of Marvel.com's thunder for the unveiling. Stay tuned, true believers! :)

Would it be stealing Marvel.com's thunder if we saw the silhouette picture you showed at the panel? Maybe sometime late next week, after you've had some time to get home, unwind, and sleep off the cookie hangover?

Would it be stealing Marvel.com's thunder if we saw the silhouette picture you showed at the panel? Maybe sometime late next week, after you've had some time to get home, unwind, and sleep off the cookie hangover?

So then it isn't for sure going to be this week, right? Or is it?

I'm so confused! Somebody hold me! :teehee:

The other thing I'll mention that I'm not sure Justin has hit on is the fact that watching Zach in action is amazing. Any time I saw the booth, he was being dragged in 5 different direction and didn't seem to have any down time. You watch knowing it's his job, but you see the extra bit of pride and a desire to please fans that is more than what he's paid for. I'm glad we all gave them cookies for what they do (although I'm pretty sure Chris Myers was more impressed with what I brought than what boyd offered up).

Thanks GH & YB for keeping us all up to speed & your comments about Zach aren't surprising to me ,his passion for minimates

is supremely evident in his posts.....just like yours (GH),youbastards,Boyd & TM2Dinobot et al.

Having also seen Zach at work at NYCC last year, I can also confirm that he's a generally good dude and pretty awesome at his job. He tolerates & humors both us MMMVers and the kids, plus the other weirdos that don't collect Minimates. Who are those people? I don't think we even want to know. :glare:

I'm back home and have net access again so I can finally catch up on what I missed. C2E2 was a blast, and it was a pleasure to finally meet the people behind the names. Even Dinobot. :)

youbastards has done a remarkable job with reporting the news and pictures, and I salute him for that. I'll go through my notes and pics to see if there's anything I have to offer that he didn't cover, but I doubt it.

I'm glad we all gave them cookies for what they do (although I'm pretty sure Chris Myers was more impressed with what I brought than what boyd offered up).

Are you saying my wife's cookies are no good? Are we gonna have to have a cookie bake-off next year? :)

Check comicbookmovie.com for Loki's Army pics. And thank you to boyd and groundhog for trusting us with Chuck's cookies. thhey were wrong to do so, bt thanks anyway.

Eh, that's Chuck's problem. As long as the cookies were eaten and loved, Zach, it's cool. And thanks for saying "hi" in Chicago.

This was my FIRST comic convention and I have to say Zach made it infinitely more aweosme than I could have imagined.

I go into the booth, Zach and a gentleman I don't know are talking about something, I hear Zach say, "we haven't made anything DC in years, I don't know why people still ask." I blurt out, "that's what we're supposed to do!".

Zach asks if I'm on the forums, and I go yes! I'm fatcow! Zach gestures to the gentlemen next to me and says "this guy's from the forums too! Introduce yourself."

I get a "Hey I'm youbastards." ( BEST INTRODUCTION EVER )

Haha,I was a little taken aback as I've never met anyone from an website before without knowing them in person. Was interesting to say the least, we get to talking about the promos and how expensive they are on Ebay, YB assures me that prices will regulate and Zach tells me that they ran out of promos in 15 minutes on Friday. At this point I'm very disappointed but chuffed that I met YB and Zach, so I state that I'm going to stare at the gray retailer only BB and hope that it comes out of the case.

Zach disappears and returns with a BB!!!!!!! I exclaimed that he was awesome, stuck the BB up to his epic mutton chops and took a picture which I will post soon.

THANK YOU Zach and of course YB for the short conversation! I will definitely be giving you guys ( not YB haha ) as much of my money as I possibly can without going broke! BEST DAY EVER.

I'm glad we all gave them cookies for what they do (although I'm pretty sure Chris Myers was more impressed with what I brought than what boyd offered up).

Are you saying my wife's cookies are no good? Are we gonna have to have a cookie bake-off next year? :)

Let me humbly retract my statement. After meeting her, there's no way I'm going to insult her. She seems pretty tough and may God have mercy on anyone who crosses her path-I'm sure she could take out anybody.

Sooo... now that all our reporters are back about... can you Kang-firm yb's theory as to the sillouhette's identity?

Well, the image was only shown at the panel and the four of us that seem to be the only ones that attended it are all in agreement that it was Kang. Or that it would be a really cruel trick to tell you all when there's no way you can prove us wrong. Not that any of us would try to trick people here... :whistling: