UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Vs X-men

MiniFiend UK

Just flicked through the first issue and no plot spoilers but there is scope for a boxset of minimates and this is just the first issue.

You have

Colossus, Iron Fist, Dr Strange, Iron Man, Black Panther and I think Cyclops and Namor in costumes that haven't been made into minimates. Plus charcters not yet made. Mockingbird, Protector and prob some more.

I suggested in a thread that making an AvX wave with distinctive packaging would be neat, and Zach commented that this was a good idea. So, definitely, the seed's been planted. I'm sure that DST will figure out a cool way to exploit Marvel's latest, most desperate stunt take part in Marvel's latest event!

I'd be pretty happy to see a re-do of Scarlet Witch. This is a good opportunity.

I also just read AvX #0 - little help on this one:

Why does Vision no longer want anything to do with Wanda? I'm not an Avengers reader, so i've missed all of their side of the lead-up to this.

Why does Vision no longer want anything to do with Wanda? I'm not an Avengers reader, so i've missed all of their side of the lead-up to this.

It's because

she turned him into an Ultron-producing gumball machine, then had She Hulk rip him in half, back when she was Disassembling the Avengers.

Wow, that was like a decade ago, wasn't it?

Edited by Lobsterman

Zach fairly recently mentioned an upcoming Cyclops that we haven't seen yet, so maybe this is where he comes in. Although I can also see Team Cyclops and Team Wolverine sets happening. Fwoosheyman's sets sound great to me for AvX (or for Team Cyclops for that matter).

Yeah, I agree with that. I've never been one to complain about worth-while redoes, and with the exception of Cap, all of the characters Fwoosheyman listed could stand a modern update. I guess that's arguable on Red Hulk, but I really don't think the MvC Red Hulk is a worthy stand-in for a comic Red Hulk- wrong hair, too bright and cartoony looking) As far as Avengers go, the one I'd most like to see this year is actually an updated Hawkeye. (Truth be told, I'd kind of like a wave dedicated to the current Uncanny X-Men, and a boxset like this would put us over half-way there. Just need Danger, Namor, and Magik to finish the team.)

Zach fairly recently mentioned an upcoming Cyclops that we haven't seen yet, so maybe this is where he comes in. Although I can also see Team Cyclops and Team Wolverine sets happening. Fwoosheyman's sets sound great to me for AvX (or for Team Cyclops for that matter).

im thinking we will be getting a two pack of Hope and Scott, but if it is a four pack (or multiple box sets) im thinking:

X-men:

Cyclops

Hope

Emma Frost

Cable

Avengers:

Nova

Scarlet Witch

Ironman

Wolverine

and since DST really likes making TRU tie in packs:

X-men:

Namor

Colossus

Avengers:

Protector

Doctor Strange (ok this pack is just something i really want, but it does fit in :P )

It's because

she turned him into an Ultron-producing gumball machine, then had She Hulk rip him in half, back when she was Disassembling the Avengers.

Not for Vision, who has been offline ever since. For him it practically happened yesterday, so I wouldn't expect him to be over it.

That said, something will happen before this crossover is done, Scarlet Witch will get injured, Vision will cry "WANDA!" and either race to her aide or go android ape-$#!% on whoever did it or both.

If we could get a non-tranparent Vision out of it, I'd be happy.

Not for Vision, who has been offline ever since. For him it practically happened yesterday, so I wouldn't expect him to be over it.

Well, sure, in Marvel's weird time-dialation universe. I mean, for them, Secret Wars was last month, House of M was Monday, and Bill Foster's funeral was right before lunch.

it'd be really cool if any tie-in minimates would come out much sooner than 1yr after the storyline. Like the fear itself minimates, I'm looking at them for potential fodder, but not really in interest for the story-arc or the characters in their story-arc costumes.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

Well, sure, in Marvel's weird time-dialation universe. I mean, for them, Secret Wars was last month, House of M was Monday, and Bill Foster's funeral was right before lunch.

No... I was being literal there... Remember Vision has been completely offline in the interim. Last thing he remembers before going offline was spitting up Ultron gumballs and getting ripped in half. He wakes up and ask "what happened?" and gets told "oh, Wanda went nuts again and tried to kill you." So yeah, he's still a little ticked at her. Love's funny that way.

It's because

Oh wow? Really? That long ago? I thought it might have had something to do with M Day. Wow. Why would she even do that though? Was this another 'woman has gone mad' arc of comic writing or was she trying to do the right thing the wrong way?

I'd be happy for a Team Cyke & Team Logan box set to come out if it meant getting some new Characters. Cyke with Hope, Pixie & Colossonaut. Wolverine with Kid Omega, Cat-beast & maybe Broo?

No... I was being literal there... Remember Vision has been completely offline in the interim. Last thing he remembers before going offline was spitting up Ultron gumballs and getting ripped in half. He wakes up and ask "what happened?" and gets told "oh, Wanda went nuts again and tried to kill you." So yeah, he's still a little ticked at her. Love's funny that way.

Ah - crazy hormone-driven insanity. Got it! :thumbsup:

It's because

Oh wow? Really? That long ago? I thought it might have had something to do with M Day. Wow. Why would she even do that though? Was this another 'woman has gone mad' arc of comic writing or was she trying to do the right thing the wrong way?

Well, as I understand from what I picked up in Childrens Crusade, she was

kind of sort of retroactively possessed by some uni-force sort of... something

. Back when it happened, though, it was just Bendis blowing shit up. IIRC, he was fresh off of getting all sorts of praise and Eisners for his irreverent, unconventional writing on Powers, and Marvel invited him in to shake things up. So he basically went at everything people liked about the Avengers with a baseball bat. Personally, I like Bendis' writing (in small doses) insofar as he's willing to break established frameworks, try new things, and introduce topical, socially-relevant elements into comic book fantasy worlds. When you give him a sandbox as big as the MU, though, I think he can get lazy and fall into "let's just get peoples' attention by cutting someone's head off" mode.

Miry, feel free to edit any of that. ;)

The only thing you missed, Lobby, was that before the PTB let him loose on the 616, he was one of the handful of "top, edgy" creators that Marvel tapped to create Ultimate Marvel. Benis's work on Ultimate Spider-Man was so genius (and I say that without sarcasm, it really was) he became an instant favorite of the PTB at Marvel. So some 616 work came his way, Daredevil, a Luke Cage mini, some other 2nd and 3rd tier stuff. Then he hit his 616 stride in Alias. That when they gave him Avengers.

Children's Crusade did a lot to redeem Wanda, whom Bendis pretty much reverted to her AWC/John Byrne state in both mentality and power wise cause that's what he needed to serve his story. But without getting to spoilery, everything used as explanation in CC was established in the fallout from the Byrne/AWC run.