UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

The guy has no picture of it up other than the stock photo released by Hasbro which seems a bit dubious to me.

To be honest, Hasbro has absolutely frigging butchered my love for this line. I am really glad to see a lot of B, C & even D list characters coming out.... but something about the newer figures feels... cheaper than the old ToyBiz figs.

To be honest, the waiting time between waves, the even longer wait for running changes, the switch to little BAFs that should probably be be Pack-in's with a single figure, the price increases, the spotty distribution....

i don't know - maybe some of those issues were there when ToyBiz ran the show as well... but i think i was excited enough by what came out to over look price rises and 'the hunt'. Maybe minimates has spoiled me with regular releases and a deeper character selection?

I've bought maybe 3 or 4 of the X characters from the last few waves of Hasbro ML... and i've opened 1. The rest are sitting in boxes in a cupboard. I'm wondering if it might be time to give away this habit. . . :/

seller claims pictures of the packaging will be up "ASAP"

...i really want my moonstar figure. the wait has been pretty painful. i was convinced hasbro just cancelled the running changes for this wave...this gives me a little hope yes.gif

129201.jpg

Sold

Moon Prism Power, Make Up! tongue.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally put up my Marvel Legends (and DCUC and 25th Joe figures) up on eBay. There was a time when I was all talk about it, but I've finally pulled the trigger. Gonna be nice to get rid of more boxes of stuff I don't display. Kind of liberating just letting it all go.

• 2 months later...

Who is that Twisted? It really is a nice looking figure. Oh, and aren't the Toybiz team basically working for Hasbro now? I think Q/C has gone out the window on too many lines these days. Love the figures, but the price is preventing me from getting fully into this line. I'm going to build Iron Monger and definitely pick up that Ultron. Great looking figure.

Who is that Twisted? It really is a nice looking figure. Oh, and aren't the Toybiz team basically working for Hasbro now? I think Q/C has gone out the window on too many lines these days. Love the figures, but the price is preventing me from getting fully into this line. I'm going to build Iron Monger and definitely pick up that Ultron. Great looking figure.

Satanna, minus the cape. She's exclusive to the SDCC T-bolts set, and chances are she's the one who won't get rereleased.

Moonstone also looks gorgeous, just a tad less.

I keep putting off buying Ultron. I want to finish Monger...but i just hate the look of that figure.

Wow - this year is seeing a few girls spotlighted in the ML range.... Moonstone, Satana, Singbird, White Crown Phoenix, Jim Lee Jean Grey, AoA Jean, Jubilee. I'm loving that Hasbro are releasing more females. Let's hope they don't all end up looking like Viper.

Jubilee angers me. They took the lazy way out and went with her current outfit instead of finishing off the Jim Lee X Men once and for all. At least they got us Jean, but the only people I know who wanted Jubilee wanted her for their 90's X Men. Frustrating.

Black Cat and Moonstone both look awesome. Really digging the new thicker body and Black Cat was in desperate need of an upgrade in the action figure department.

Mockingbird......oooh no, I don't like that haircut. That's bad. She already isnt a very sexy character and the hairs not helping.

Jubilee angers me. They took the lazy way out and went with her current outfit instead of finishing off the Jim Lee X Men once and for all. At least they got us Jean, but the only people I know who wanted Jubilee wanted her for their 90's X Men. Frustrating.

Black Cat and Moonstone both look awesome. Really digging the new thicker body and Black Cat was in desperate need of an upgrade in the action figure department.

Mockingbird......oooh no, I don't like that haircut. That's bad. She already isnt a very sexy character and the hairs not helping.

Mockingbird? Or Songbird??

ZEMO! Boomerang! Red Skull!! Major T-bolts and Cap villain love this year. Hoping for Movie Winter Soldier today.

Frankly, AoA Jean was going to be an obligation buy for me. Of the several awesome & reasonable looks she has had in the AoA universe, the picked this weird mish-mash of her 10th anniversary costume, but with a hair-cut and colour scheme from the X-Terminated series & a cloth rag thrown in for extra warmth. To be honest, i really don't know how they came to the conclusion that it was going to be a figure people wanted.

Weapon X series Jean would have at least fit in with the earlier legends (Sabretooth, Wolverine, Sunfire & Holocaust). Making the costume Red with long hair would have at lease been comic-accurate. Giving her an X-Terminated cat-suit and a butt-load of guns would have been bad-ass. This look seemed to take the worst elements of every look and mush them together.

I'm bummed that White Phoenix might not make it out. Hopefully Jim Lee still gets to retail. We never did see that Moonstar, though :/