UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

AoA Jean was a major want just to keep with X-force....of course, i'd need more than just Fantomex and Deadpool, but still. She was a sharp figure all on her own. White Phoenix i'm scared won't make it, but i'll be honest: i'm glad it's White Phoenix. If it had been classic or Dark Phoenix in her shoes, i'd be really pissed off. Speaking of, i hope when they get to classic and Dark they get new headsculpts. Not too thrilled with White's.

90s Jean is absolutely on her way and i can't wait. Hair could be a bit redder, but she's close to perfect.

Cannot wait for my Thunderbolts to arrive this week. Bit the bullet and went the eBay route. Figure it's a $100 set, plus shipping, plus tax, so i might as well pay a slight premium to not sit in front of my laptop and play the Hasbro game just to miss it (or worse, use my phone at work to do it.) The set is one of my most anticipated releases of the year, and Moonstone can't get here fast enough.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually like my figs to be more comic-accurate. If we were going to get AoA Jean grey, i'd have rather she looked like this:

age-of-apocalypse-197x300.jpg or fV9PCtiJNJM.jpg or 2920143955681950.jpg

But i'm sorry for those people that did want that MLfigure of her. Even though i wasn't mad about her, i no doubt would have tracked her down and added her to my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Since the only figures from this wave I really wanted were Wrecker, Black Panther, and Rocket (not counting the running changes we're now not getting), I decided to just go ahead and get them from Amazon, and pick up the remaining Rocket piece I needed loose from Ebay. A little more then what I usually like to pay, but it's done and I don't have to worry about finding them. I've definitely become lazier in my old age. Anyway, all three are nice, but the Black Panther... he's something special. Just perfect. Some of the early pictures I'd seen of him made it look like his thighs were basically all blue, but that's not the case at all for my figure. He's terrific.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I ended up buying her loose on eBay for about $26 shipped. Not a bad price, and I don't have to look for her any more. These two waves (Spidey and Cap) drove me nuts for about a week, and I never did find most of them. Found the Red Skull and Superior Spidey, but not Baron Zemo, Carnage, Black Cat or the AIM Agent. I ended up buying Zemo and Cat loose for reasonable prices, and not worrying about the other two.

Trying to find these figures has SUCKED. This is why, whenever people complain about finding Minimates at TRU, I roll my eyes. Trying to buy Minimates is nothing compared to Marvel Legends.

I was fortunate to find both the full Cap wave and the Spider-man wave at Target when they were still $14.99. Cap was easy to find, but hard to find complete, and Spider-man was next to impossible because of it not having a stock location. They're fantastic figures, regardless; i'm hard pressed to find a favorite but i can't put Carnage and Zemo down.

Definitely worried about finding Black Widow, though.

I've been toying with the idea of selling my legends collection since August last year (around when I disappeared from here) because of medical bills, storage/space, and other factors. I've pulled up sold lots on ebay a few times between then and now to gauge the market. I sold off my army builders last spring, but for the collection I was thinking a big lot, or ten small ones.

Any opinion from those of you that still collect? or keep an eye on the ebay legends market?

I sold off the bulk of my ML collection (both MIB and loose figures) a few years back, and I listed each one individually. It was more work, but I got a lot more interest from bidders that way. Are they loose or packaged? If loose, you might want to consider lots for the less pricey stuff and then sell the higher valued figures individually.

I listed mine in batches by wave or theme. I was really surprised at the prices some of the Toy Biz Spider-Man figures ended at, especially the loose ones.

most are loose. When I first started looking at making space the packaged figures were listed. Surprisingly (to me) I'm still sitting on two mib dark phoenix.

BAF sentinels - by themselves or included in lots?

I'd say the sentinels would be best sold on their own. Lots of people are just looking for one, and they seem to fetch a decent price on their own.

The others I may not bet the best source for, as I sold off a good portion of my collection to a friend's kid for about 50 cents a figure. I still kept the most valuable for myself, though.

most are loose. When I first started looking at making space the packaged figures were listed. Surprisingly (to me) I'm still sitting on two mib dark phoenix.

BAF sentinels - by themselves or included in lots?

By themselves. they usually don't go too cheaply. How many do you have?

Completely unrelated, but I am also a huge Ms. Marvel fan so it boggles my mind as to why Carol has only gotten one Legends figure, which is absolutely ancient at this point. I think her black leotard/thigh highs/gloves look is as iconic as Wonder Woman's stars and stripes and it needs an update on the Moonstone buck now. A classic version would be nice, but Warbird is truly her best look. Jessica Drew Spider Woman also needs an update, her Toybiz figure was BAD. Am I the only one still stuck on Bendis' New Avengers? I get that NOW! stuff has to be made to keep up with the times but when something is iconic, especially females, they should be made, well. Black Cat was recently done some long overdue justice, and I think the following ladies need new figures to bring my interest back from the dead.

Ms. Marvel (New Avengers)

Spider Woman (with alternate FA head)

Storm (FA)

Rogue (Jim Lee, with Outback variant)

Rogue (modern, with alternate classic brotherhood head)

Scarlet Witch (anything is better than the one we have)

Invisible Woman (honestly I think every single one has been awful)

I wouldn't say that Ms. Marvel's costume is iconic, certainly not compared to Wonder Woman, but I've always liked that costume and the character. I'd be thrilled with a new Ms. Marvel, but I suspect that if we get anything it will be the new Captain Marvel. I don't think Ms. Marvel looks that bad compared to a lot of Toy Biz females. For all the things they did well, Toy Biz absolutely butchered women (that might not sound quite right...). Their female figures basically run from acceptable to terrible, with the Scarlet Witch being the absolute nadir. I'm all for Hasbro redoing any of those old TB women, as everyone they have done has been a massive improvement.