UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Music's Mourning...

Trekker 42

C'mon man, show some respect. She told Diane Sawyer years ago that she was too rich to do crack. In her own words, Crack is whack.

Though never a fan of her music or her lifestyle, it's always sad when someone dies because of consequences to poor choices. Things will always catch up to you at some point and most of us don't want to admit it.

I'll go along in saying that it's sad when someone dies at 48. Especially someone who had graced the music scene in the late 80s and 90s with such powerful songs, an inspiration to people all over the world. It doesn't really effect me so much because i'm not so much of a fan, but i do feel sorry for those who are her fans as they'll be devastated at this news.

I compare this with the death of Michael Jackson, because to me at least they didnt have much impact in my own life, but to everyone else who were big fans of his music its a big loss to them. Even though Whitney Houston may of been battling her demons at this late stage, I'd always try and remember her for her music career not her personal problems or choices.

Martin Lawrence said it best when he said "NO ONE is immune to the trials and tribulations of Life".

R.I.P Whitney Houston.

I am a fan of her music (at least, from the '80s), and this is sad news, but not too surprising unfortunately, given all her problems with substance abuse over the years. Addiction is addiction, and it doesn't matter how much fame or fortune you've accumulated when that comes into play.

Whitney was one of my first crush's. Admittedly, i was only 10 or 12 when i saw her in the Bodyguard, but i was still smitten. Watching it back years later made me realise what a terrible movie it was and how mediocre her acting was. What was NOT terrible was her singing. She really did have one of the most effortlessly powerful & pitch-perfect voices i've ever heard.

I always hoped in the back of my mind that she would get her life on track and her addictions under control. It looks like that wont ever be the case.

Her music bought a lot of joy & i am genuinely very sad to hear that she has passed.