UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang's coming! Kang! - EVIL THREAD IS EVIL

hellpop

DST/Minimates officially have some serious catching up to do this yeah it looks like, with MU versions of Longshot, Kang, Blastarr, Bag Head, Puck, Nighthawk, Death's Head, Karnak, Medusa, & 70's Falcon.

ML is giving us Hope, Constrictor, Commander Rogers, Thunderball, Madame Masque, USAgent & Viper.

I hate to say it, but Hasbro (the company we all hated for taking over Marvel Legends) is REALLY stepping up to the plate with character selection. The MU line is starting to give Minimates a real run for their money.

I will refrain from listing Minimate characters that have been made that ML and MU have not done. (Cough Stiltman Cough) And we'll catch you on a few of those this year, as well as leaving both lines in the dust with some other releases.

Oh, and this thread is evil.

Edited by Zach Oat

I'm seriously beginning to suspect DST isn't making Ksng now just to see how long the crusade goes. I hope he gets made soon, but I was overall pleased with the reveals today. I still think they could stand to make a lot more villains, but I was surprised how much I liked everything we saw, and there are some convention box sets unrevealed to look forward to.

DST/Minimates officially have some serious catching up to do this yeah it looks like, with MU versions of Longshot, Kang, Blastarr, Bag Head, Puck, Nighthawk, Death's Head, Karnak, Medusa, & 70's Falcon.

ML is giving us Hope, Constrictor, Commander Rogers, Thunderball, Madame Masque, USAgent & Viper.

I hate to say it, but Hasbro (the company we all hated for taking over Marvel Legends) is REALLY stepping up to the plate with character selection. The MU line is starting to give Minimates a real run for their money.

I will refrain from listing Minimate characters that have been made that ML and MU have not done. (Cough Stiltman Cough) And we'll catch you on a few of those this year, as well as leaving both lines in the dust with some other releases.

Off the top of my head, there's Spymaster, Gamora, all of the New Mutants... I know there's a lot more, but it's late and I just got caught up on this week's Fringe and it BLEW MY MIND so I'm a little punch-drunk. Oh, the Beyonder! There's another. But Hasbro's making Hyperion, Zach. Hyperion! Squadron Supreme for the win! Just ask Karamozov.

Heh heh heh. Yeah... funny... heh heh... hey you remember that scene in the Running Man movie from back in the day when Arnold is getting the score on what's going on from Richard Dawson, and he glares at him and says "F#%&k You." and barely moves he rest of his face? You remember that scene?

Yeah.

That.

You really have no idea how much I wanted you to see this thread before it got marked as evil. :biggrin:

Did anyone else catch this part??? Zach just told us we're getting a few of the characters listed above! Longshot was already shown. Falcon & Kang are possibles for SDCC. Hmmmm, what else from the list are we getting this year? Besides what will be revealed as the SDCC exclusives, we should get a wave or two revealed at SDCC for the rest of the year!

Did anyone else catch this part??? Zach just told us we're getting a few of the characters listed above! Longshot was already shown. Falcon & Kang are possibles for SDCC. Hmmmm, what else from the list are we getting this year? Besides what will be revealed as the SDCC exclusives, we should get a wave or two revealed at SDCC for the rest of the year!

I think that's an overly optimistic interpretation of some serious smack talk by our dear Mr. Oat. In my heart, I hope you're more right than wrong. Zach's verbally set a pretty high bar. All sarcasm aside, I really really want him to exceed it.

And hp... almost forgive you for this thread, but you're still evil. Not sure the decal thread is going to be enough to reverse your bad toy karma from this. :unsure:

I think that's an overly optimistic interpretation of some serious smack talk by our dear Mr. Oat. In my heart, I hope you're more right than wrong. Zach's verbally set a pretty high bar. All sarcasm aside, I really really want him to exceed it.

And hp... almost forgive you for this thread, but you're still evil. Not sure the decal thread is going to be enough to reverse your bad toy karma from this. :unsure:

Well... I guess I'll just have to post some more decals until I get the good/evil balance right. :biggrin:

Well, we know we're getting Longshot. As for the others, here's my slightly-less-than-random guesses based on observation of previous release habits:

• The Box/Vindicator 2 pack, along with other hints dropped would suggest an Alpha Flight box set, so I'd say pretty good odds on Puck.

• I can't imagine a scenario in which at least one of the SDCC box sets isn't a straight up Avengers set. I'll guess the Diamond one has IM, Hulk, new costume Hawkeye, and modern Widow, and AFX sneaks Falcon in with Cap, Thor (gotta use that spinning hammer accessory now that it's made), and maybe Kid Loki (lets them reuse the FA Loki helmet from last year, and put "Loki" on the box, while calling it a "new" character).

• Hope is a major character in this summer's Big Comics Event. DST usually lags a half a year or so behind editorial, though. I could see her showing up in an NYCC box set with current costume Cyclops, current costume Wolverine, and... yeah, let's just say Cap to be safe.

• I would love love LOVE to see a specialty boxset with Karnak, Medusa, Triton, and Gorgon to go with the (speculative) Alpha Flight set and round out the "teams we never thought we'd see" theme this year. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Blastaar, Nighthawk, Constrictor, Thunderball, Madame Masque, and Viper. Yeah. Not going to happen.

• So that brings us to Cmdr Rogers and Kang. I really think a TRU wave is our only hope for seeing either of these. Based on what Zach's said about needing a major character like Cap in a wave to anchor it, and that this costume "doesn't count" as Cap, Rogers becomes a niche character taking up the slot of another fan request. Also considering that this was a cool, but minor and short-lived costume, and that one might logically lump him into the Cap Burnout or Unnecessary Redo of an Existing Character category, I would bet against seeing Rogers. Conversely, owing to two solid years of fan outcry, the fact that it's an Avengers year, and that DST really does seem to be throwing us a bone this year, I'm putting my chips on Kang showing up in the final unrevealed TRU wave for this year (you know they want to make us sweat it until SDCC! :sweat: ).

How'd I do, Zach?

Edited by Lobsterman

"We'll catch you on a few of those this year". How would you interpret that?

"We'll catch you on a few of those this year". How would you interpret that?

That we've heard similarly vague promises where Kang's been concerned before, and sardonic pessimism is what keeps my stress level down.

Like the guys on Finding Bigfoot, I want to believe really badly. But I've need more solid evidence to get excited.

@ Lobsterman - if they DO do a Second Coming set (he he he, said do-do), i hope we see a Bastion in it. It'd be such a shame to waste of an opportunity. By all means, cash in no the saleability of Wolverine & Cyclops (not that need a current cyke thanks to Squall :thumbsup:) - But is you're using two of the X-Men's heavy hitters, then lets use em to see new characters made.

Could not agree more with you no the Inhumas thing. I've never read much of them but have always thought they'd make fantastic minimates.

I hope you're wrong about Rogers though - if he looks half as good as the customs on this board, i'd buy him right away.

(also - please make Kang so we can stop the madness)

• 2 weeks later...

That's a shame I would have loved, say, 3 box sets based on the Messiah trilogy, Lets say:

Messiah Complex:

.Cable with baby Hope.

.Layla Miller with the M branding

.Forge

.Exodus

(and Predator X if it was anywhere near possible)

Messiah War:

.Pre-teen Hope.

.Stryfe.

.Bishop with his crazy big cybernetic arm.

and either.

.Future Deadpool

or

.Future Apocalypse

Second Coming:

.Teen Hope

.Bastion (winged version)

.Modern Cyclops

.Modern Rogue

Guess I'll just keep dreaming.