UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The person in charge of DST's Facebook page will censor your post if it's negative

Dio

Sorry for the deletion Dio. I almost didn't, but then figured, "this guy probably isn't on the MMMV, because nobody on the MMMV would say something like that"... off of the MMMV, I mean.

It takes all kinds to make the, erm, Bizarro square earth go 'round. . .actually, it makes me a bit sad that our blocktastic Minimate earth isn't spinning (in reverse, as is the Bizarro way).

No one is perfect. Besides, I'm not the only one who has had a negative opinion about Minimates.

You seem to be missing the point where DST doesn't want your negativity on THEIR *public* company FaceBook page

What were you thinking making the Hulk movie wave and the Thor army builders? They're so bad. Those are so hard to sell it's not even funny. My stores had to put them on clearance to get them to move.

I Like them! I've bought many duplicates of the Thor & Hulk movie waves. And as for "your stores", do you OWN these stores? Can you provide us with data on how much was sold before they were clearanced? EVERY brand has *something* go on clearance at some point. Even Star Wars, Lego & Hot Wheels.

You're just taking it personally. EVERY toy company puts out SOME garbage.

See, here's where you're just being mean. In addition to your original post where you accuse DST of "creating pegwarmers". DST does not set out to create pegwarmers OR garbage. Some minimates pegwarm, but that was not intentional on DST's part as you are insinuating. Maybe it's because the retailer over-ordered? Maybe the retailer was charging more than he should have in the first place? EVERY line winds up with pegwarmers - name ONE that doesn't! As for garbage? That's really harsh! Your opinion on what is or is not garbage is NOT the same as everyone else's. Zach was perfectly justified in deleting your comment, even moreso now that you're insulting him here and saying his company puts out garbage. That's just bad manners. You certainly don't speak for me and I strongly disagree with you on your opinion on what is garbage!

Zach, props to you! I didn't think I could respect you more than I already did, and you went and surprised me! It takes a lot to be a public spokesperson for anything, which you handle very well. But regardless of what anyone's opinion is on your decision to delete Dio's post, it takes a rare breed of person to stand up and be accountable for their actions, especially in such a public forum! Bravo!

Kind of weird seeing someone with that avatar wagging the finger at someone else for inappropriate behavior IMO.

I like being contradictory :) Seriously though, I'll be changing it eventually. It made me laugh. There's a much, much, MUCH better group of pics I have that I would use IF I get the courage to put my face in there. I'd love to share them with the community but I treasure my anonymity.

Zach, props to you! I didn't think I could respect you more than I already did, and you went and surprised me! It takes a lot to be a public spokesperson for anything, which you handle very well. But regardless of what anyone's opinion is on your decision to delete Dio's post, it takes a rare breed of person to stand up and be accountable for their actions, especially in such a public forum! Bravo!

No, I lost my cool here a bit. I started defending the product-making decision, when I should have simply explained the reason for deletion and left it at that. I muddied the issue, and I apologize. And Dio never said "garbage" until I did -- he said "pegwarmers." And the funny thing is, if he had said something had turned OUT to be a pegwarmer, that probably would have been fine -- perfectly good figures often end up keeping pegs warm for various reasons, and usually no fault of their own. It was the way he implied (and later stated outright) that something we had made was clearly a pegwarmer from the start that made me delete it.

I love love love that this message board exists. But I need to keep the FB page a happy place to go and learn about DST products.

No, I lost my cool here a bit. I started defending the product-making decision, when I should have simply explained the reason for deletion and left it at that. I muddied the issue, and I apologize. And Dio never said "garbage" until I did -- he said "pegwarmers." And the funny thing is, if he had said something had turned OUT to be a pegwarmer, that probably would have been fine -- perfectly good figures often end up keeping pegs warm for various reasons, and usually no fault of their own. It was the way he implied (and later stated outright) that something we had made was clearly a pegwarmer from the start that made me delete it.

I love love love that this message board exists. But I need to keep the FB page a happy place to go and learn about DST products.

Accountable once again. Respect +. Max level exceeded.

Thank you for continuing to participate here!

(For the record, I avoid Facebook entirely. No profile for me, thank you.)

No one is perfect. Besides, I'm not the only one who has had a negative opinion about Minimates.

You seem to be missing the point where DST doesn't want your negativity on THEIR *public* company FaceBook page

What were you thinking making the Hulk movie wave and the Thor army builders? They're so bad. Those are so hard to sell it's not even funny. My stores had to put them on clearance to get them to move.

I Like them! I've bought many duplicates of the Thor & Hulk movie waves. And as for "your stores", do you OWN these stores? Can you provide us with data on how much was sold before they were clearanced? EVERY brand has *something* go on clearance at some point. Even Star Wars, Lego & Hot Wheels.

See, here's where you're just being mean. In addition to your original post where you accuse DST of "creating pegwarmers". DST does not set out to create pegwarmers OR garbage. Some minimates pegwarm, but that was not intentional on DST's part as you are insinuating. Maybe it's because the retailer over-ordered? Maybe the retailer was charging more than he should have in the first place? EVERY line winds up with pegwarmers - name ONE that doesn't! As for garbage? That's really harsh! Your opinion on what is or is not garbage is NOT the same as everyone else's. Zach was perfectly justified in deleting your comment, even moreso now that you're insulting him here and saying his company puts out garbage. That's just bad manners. You certainly don't speak for me and I strongly disagree with you on your opinion on what is garbage!

Don't take everything so literally. I do not OWN these stores. Everyone I have ever talked to says "this is my game store" or "my store owner" so and so. When they say "my" they mean they belong to it. Of course, if you don't have a sense of community with your local gaming/comic store then I can see how you missed out.

Regardless of whether you think a line of toys -- that went unsold due to an unpopular character lineup, not due to any defect, mind you -- are "garbage," you can't say it on a company's FB page. I know not every company monitors their FB page. Marvel's page is like the wild West. I WISH I could delete comments there. But you can't dis DST on the DST page. Them's the rules.

Sorry for the deletion Dio. I almost didn't, but then figured, "this guy probably isn't on the MMMV, because nobody on the MMMV would say something like that"... off of the MMMV, I mean.

Welcome to the real world. The Multiverse isn't some magical place where we worship the ground DST walks on whenever you fine gentlemen decide to grace us with your presence. Everyone has their own opinions and I'm not the only who has expressed some discontent over something your company has done. Take Angelgate for example. I still don't know if you guys are going to fix that.

I talked to my LCS owner today, and he agrees that you put out shelfwarmers SOMETIMES. We still have Hulk movie and Thor movie figures. Nobody in our area wants to army build like your company had anticipated. He also said that he wishes there was more character diversity in each wave instead of 3/4 each of the two character packs.

Apology accepted, and I'm sorry I acted like a douche. I can see that you don't want any inflammatory comments on your front page.

Edited by Dio

I don't want to say anything to start the argument again, but I will say this:

That Frost Giant pic is pretty freakin awesome indeed! Almost makes me wish I had gotten some... Only thing I'd change about them is... well... honestly... weapons... :/

Otherwise... Cool minimates indeed. Pun intended.

And personally I enjoy the Hulk wave. Though my favorite is without a doubt General Ross. Just something... right... about that figure. Something went completely right on him.

I don't want to say anything to start the argument again, but I will say this:

That Frost Giant pic is pretty freakin awesome indeed! Almost makes me wish I had gotten some... Only thing I'd change about them is... well... honestly... weapons... :/

Otherwise... Cool minimates indeed. Pun intended.

And personally I enjoy the Hulk wave. Though my favorite is without a doubt General Ross. Just something... right... about that figure. Something went completely right on him.

I agree about General Ross if they made that exact figure in Air Force blue for a comic style Ross I would be thrilled. The swat style Blonsky from that wave is kind of an epic figure as well

Welcome to the real world. The Multiverse isn't some magical place where we worship the ground DST walks on whenever you fine gentlemen decide to grace us with your presence. Everyone has their own opinions and I'm not the only who has expressed some discontent over something your company has done. Take Angelgate for example. I still don't know if you guys are going to fix that.

:blink:

Edited by Shamrock

Dio you are alone on this one plain and simple. here I will yawn bitch whine and criticize but on a public forum that can be used to get more mates made I am all whistles and high fives or I simply don't say anything. Z should have deleted your post and then punched you in the face for being a "fan" and saying what you did.

Come one now, I don't think we need to go advocating violence on this one. Zach explained why the post had to go, and Dio apologized for acting like a douche on FB. Problem solved.

Thread locked in 3...2...

Probably a good idea.

Edited by Turtle

Dio you are alone on this one plain and simple. here I will yawn bitch whine and criticize but on a public forum that can be used to get more mates made I am all whistles and high fives or I simply don't say anything. Z should have deleted your post and then punched you in the face for being a "fan" and saying what you did.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Ain't that the truth! Oh, wait, are you referring to murderofcrows instead of yourself? I'd have to disagree then. Your real name wouldn't happen to be Lee Burns, would it?

Edited by monkeycrumb

Ok, this thread really needs to be shut down. There's no need to start throwing mud around. Dio posted an opinion in the wrong place and it has all been blown out of proportion. The FB post is gone so let's all just move on and keep this community the great place that it is. Lets keep the trash talking for those other forums.

By Ymir's icey naval lint! Let this madness be locked away lest it degrade down to "I art rubber, yet, lo, art thou glue. Verily whatsoever thou hast said is repelled for mine self and sticketh to thee."

(sorry, youngest was watching SHS reruns today)

Ok, this thread really needs to be shut down. There's no need to start throwing mud around. Dio posted an opinion in the wrong place and it has all been blown out of proportion. The FB post is gone so let's all just move on and keep this community the great place that it is. Lets keep the trash talking for those other forums.

I second this :thumbsup: