UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prometheus

youbastards

The Hobbit, Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, there is a lot to be excited about for movies next year, but nothing has me more excited than this.

Leaked Prometheus trailer

The official trailer is supposed to debut today.

I can not wait to see how Ridley Scott ties this into one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made! Note the 42 second mark! :thumbsup:

I love that he even chose to throw back to the design of the original trailer.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very much in the spirit of the original, something all of the sequels haven't really bothered to do. Alien was a masterpiece, so this has a lot to live up to, but that trailer sent tingles down my spine so... so far so good. The music was amazing.

Wow. I really think that 2012 is going to be one of those landmark years for movies that only comes along once per decade. Prometheus, Avengers, TDKR, The Hobbit, etc.

All sequels or prequels, but the anticipation couldn't be higher from my end. Trailer for Prometheus looks pretty great to me. But Scott's been a bit uneven over the last decade+. I look forward to seeing all the movies Luke brought up in the theaters. If the baby doesn't like going to the movies with me to see them, then too bad.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great video. Some have pointed out that the android from A.I. was also called David. Clearly not linked in any way but fun to let your mind wander for a bit and think that all of the movies are linked.

In other news, Fassbender is such a dude. Brilliant actor and seems like a cool guy.

• 1 month later...

Ady, please PM me your rant. I havn't seen it yet, but have read most of the spoilers (:unsure:) and want to hear what you have to say. I'm going to try to see it this weekend. Unfortunately, just from the things I have read, my expectations have been dramatically lowered. Hope there is an "extended cut" to fill in some of the gaps.

I really really liked this movie. Seriously just enjoyed how damn cool it was. In fact, here's my full review for all none of you who care:

Welcome back Ridley. You spent so long on earth past and present that many feared you had lost your way. But now Sir Ridley Scott comes home to the world of Alien, so clearly his world that this film makes one forget that anyone but Cameron or Scott touched this franchise. And make no mistake movie lovers: this is Alien. The creature may not be around, but his presence is felt. This film primarily deals with the expedition of the Prometheus sent out to find the creatures that brought humanity into existence. Ancient astronauts seen at the beginning of Alien but with less chestbursting. And they find naught but questions... And pain.

Michael Fassbender seriously is rising in ranks to becoming my favorite young actor. Playing a role similar to Ian Holm's android in the first Alien, Fassbender made me truly believe his emotionless dark character even more than Holm did. The lengths that David goes to to please his creator are incredibly disturbing and the position he finds himself in at the end of Prometheus makes me very interested to find out where they may take him now.

The designs in this movie are, of course, incredible as Scott once again turns to HR Giger and his absolutely disturbing sketchbook.

As a younger moviegoer I can hardly imagine what it felt like to see Alien in theaters. I knew what the creature looked like for years and the movie held little surprise for me by the time I finally watched it. Well, I have a feeling it felt like this. And I want more of it Ridley. Get out of Sherwood, leave Rome behind. Welcome home to Outer Space. Now give us something else to blow our minds.