UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fine Dining

Mattallica

was having dinner last night at the local Applebees(boring i know) but what is cool is we were seated in the Frank Miller booth(frank is a local) so at least there are cool images, comics etc to enjoy while downing the Chicken Carbonara. any way i was curious as to other members local heroes that may or may not have such illustrious memorials to them in town :biggrin:

This being Memphis... Elvis is everywhere. :rolleyes: There are a lot of other music icons from the area, and there's some kind of tribute to almost all of them somewhere.

In one corner of my favorite bar, there are a bunch of plaques dedicated to a group of regulars that are all pretty cool folks. They're not famous or anything, but they're terrifically entertaining when drinking and definitely earned their little corner of the world. :tongue:

I went to an Applebee's type place near Auburn once and they had a big display of Charles Barkley stuff. Surprisingly not too much here in BR that I'm aware of, despite great all-time BBallers Pete Maravich and Shaq having played here.

This being Memphis... Elvis is everywhere. :rolleyes: There are a lot of other music icons from the area, and there's some kind of tribute to almost all of them somewhere.

In one corner of my favorite bar, there are a bunch of plaques dedicated to a group of regulars that are all pretty cool folks. They're not famous or anything, but they're terrifically entertaining when drinking and definitely earned their little corner of the world. :tongue:

I always get a kick out of the W.C. Handy status downtown. For those of you who don't know, I live about an hour away from Turtle and visit Memphis often.

Being here in the Triangle, we have a lot college basket ball players who became famous pass through. Coach K over in Durham, there are plenty of little resteraunt shrines to him about. My LCS was the same one former WWE jobber "the Hurricane" frequented when not on the road, met the Hardy brothers there several times. Met and worked sets for a show with Rachel Wood, back when she was just considered an annoying diva brat that only got parts cause her father ran the theater company. And aside from the shrine thy're trying to erect to Clay Akien and Scotty Mcleery, we don't have any really cool famous folk about.

There's a BBQ place here in town called Roosters. When they were filming Hellfighters in Baytown Tx, Roosters did all the catering for the movie. Whenever they were on set, the cast and crew would always eat there, including The Duke himself, John Wayne. There's a John Wayne booth where he actually sat while eating, and a bunch of signed memorabilia, including one of his Winchesters he used on a set of one of his westerns (can't remember which one. I think it was The Cowboys.)

It's a very cool place and the food is awesome to boot.

Best I can do is George Romero and Tom Savini back when I was living in Pittsburgh, PA.

Met Mr. Savini when he stopped at the store I was working at in the Monroeville Mall.

They have 2 plaques there to commemorate Dawn of the Dead.....not so illustrious since it is also kind of hidden away. :/

The most famous celebrities from Ann Arbor are Iggy Pop (as well as the Stooges), Gilda Radner, Bob Segar, and David S Goyer. Oh, and

! I can't forget him! :rolleyes:

Jeff Daniels is the most famous celebrity that still resides in the area (Chelsea, MI), and it isn't uncommon to see him downtown. He owns/operates a local theatre in Chelsea appropriately call "The Purple Rose Theater Company".

I have no idea what this topic is about nor have i read the posts, but every time i see this on the New Posts page my mind automatically goes to the Spongebob episode where Squidward turns the Krusty Krab into a 5-star restaurant to impress Squilliam.

"Forget everything. Empty your mind. Empty your mind of everything except fine dining; fine dining and breathing."

I miss my childhood. That is all, carry on.