UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

We're here to Pump >CLAP< You Up!

Mirymate

So we've gotten Thing, Hulk, and Juggernaut. And now we've seen the Kingpin.

Who else could use to be bulked up?

I'd take 2.5" versions of these guys over the sculpted body parts, but that's never going to happen so we deal with what we get. I prefer the bulk pieces over just the powerhouse torso piece, especially since the more recent powerhouse pieces tend to cover part of the shoulder and are extremely restrictive. Aside from that, the powerhouse torso alone tends to make the arms and legs of the character look extremely out of proportion. Really kills the flow of the mate, in my humble opinion.

I agree with all of Katy's, um, I mean k80's suggestions, plus Venom. He's often drawn to be quite huge, so why not?

-Basic savage gray Hulk. Release with two hairpieces just like the new green Hulk for user modification.

-Mr. Fixit suited gray Hulk. One hairpiece and one hairpiece with a hat.

-Classic Rhino. Comes with spare chest, boot and glove pieces to turn him into the 90's version.

-Blob. Fat boy in the black leotard.

-Volstagg, comic version. Yellow and purple awesomeness. Includes his rapier sword and a giant turkey leg or stein for mead.

-Dragon Man. A fun, colorful character. I can see him going over as well as MODOK on the "I can't believe they're making him!" scale.

-Abomination. Update of the classic version.

-Ulik. That bad ol' troll in the Thor comics, complete with his bludgeoning battle mace.

-Spider-Hulk. Because it was a fun story and is a fun character.

-Zzaxx: Big, transluscent crackly eee-lectricity baddie. Just plain fun.

-Kurse. Walt Simonson awesomeness. All spiky and mean lookin'.

Edited by Mystery Man

I generally don't like the megabulk body type (Alas, poor 2.5 inch body! I knew it, Multiversers, a body type of infinte style, of most excellent fancy), but if it's here I'd like to see where it works best first: Blob is a rare one that would look great. I thought trench coat thing looked good, so I would like to see Mr. Fixit sooner rather than later. Strong Guy would probably look pretty cool with a bulked upper body but regular legs. Rhino, Abomination, Volstagg, Venom, Grey Hulk, and Spider-Hulk also came to my mind pretty quickly. Mystery Man, Ulik is a great idea! Maestro would be cool too.

I also can't help but think of Maxx, Pitt, and Savage Dragon.

I can't see Blaastar or Gorgon using all the huge mega-rage bulky parts. Yes, they're bigger gents than Cap or Spidey, but they're not as big as Hulk. At least, in my mind's eye using the Kirby examples of them I don't see them that big. *shrugs*

While I could see Blaastar *maybe* having a mega rage chest, I don't see him having the mega rage hands, arms, legs, feet.

Regarding Gorgon, he'd have a sculpted chestpiece with his tunic, regular arms and larger legs/feet. Somewhere between standard feet and the gigantic mega rage ones. Then again, it would depend on if they did hoof-like feet as he had when he first appeared or out-and-out hooves like a horse.

Edited by Mystery Man

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say Rhino, Grey Hulk and Abomination. Those 3 have minimates already, but now pale in comparisson to the Incredible Bulk.

for me, these are the only 3 already released mates that need the bulk treatment.

Colossus would look ridiculous like that, as is nowhere near that big. Perhaps a new chestpiece that incorporates his muscles and costume... something between the GSXM piece and the 'Heroes' Hulk/original Rulk/Hercules piece.

I agree that Colossus shouldn't be a full bulk character, but I don't like the chest pieces with shoulders or the weird back-neck thing like the TRU Thing. Hmmm. I guess for Colossus, though, the shoulder covers work as most of his costumes feature shoulder covers anyway. A chest piece, crotch cover, and good boots should do the trick. Again, though, I think that GSXM 'mate is terrific and holds up well.

Again, though, I think that GSXM 'mate is terrific and holds up well.

Agreed. Needs better boots though.

I agree with most of the other suggestions. I'd add the Wendigo to the list. And I would LOVE to see Hulk-as-War done as a minimate.

On Volstag, I think if you left the arms thin, then bulked up the lower body, that'd be perfect.