UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More civilian/supporting cast minimates please

Mirymate

I sometimes find it hard to visit the Facebook page, or at least comment as much as I want, because of that dude and all his Flash Thompson/Venom freaking-out-ed-ness.

I wonder if he's always liked Flash or if it's just because of his look at Venom?

Edited by Mystery Man

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a Val Cooper paired with X-Factor Multiple Man troop builder and a variant X-Factor uniform Cooper with Cable sized gun.

Or in a Freedom Force Box set with Pyro, Blob, and Avalanche

Or in an X-Factor Femme Fatales Set with Polaris, Mystique, and Shard/Wolvesbane

Other Civilians

Dakota North

Misty Knight

Colleen Wing

New Warriors Hindsight Lad, just because I need some Maximum Zombie food.

I prefer villains before civilians. Every mention of civilians just makes me think of the Godfather and Beverly Hills Cop stuff. Dont Get me wrong I like we are getting Aunt May and another JJJ but lots of plain looking ppl in street clothes, no thanks.

Isn't Rick Jones A-Bomb now?

Yes. Can't believe that slipped my mind. (probably because I personally find the idea that every classic Hulk supporting character now being some form of Hulk riddiculous) But I'd rather have a human Rick, in that reddish leather jacket, guitar accessory, and a been-there-done-that smirk on his face.

My problem with civilian (and secret identity) 'mates is that they are soooooooooo easy to make yourself. I love that DST has included heads and hair for almost every figure, so that you can make your own Peter Parker and Steve Rogers. Making quick custom civilians is one of my favorite things about collecting Minimates, and I don't think I need to have an "official" Flash Thompson to have Flash Thompson in my collection. Seriously, if you're sitting there bemoaning that you don't have a Foggy Nelson Minimate, and you haven't just taken a suit body and stuck a GB Ray head on it, you're just not trying hard enough. ;)

Not really a civilian any more, since he's now military personnel AND the new Venom.

You seem to know a lot about Flash Thompson Venom...Hmmmmm....

Any chance you are also a big Marvel Select fan?.... :)

You're kidding, right? Have you been to our Facebook page? It's like Flash Thompson central over there. It's been beaten into me.

Totally kidding. I couldn't resist. :P

Sure most civilians can be easily qc'd, but there are a couple of civilians I really would like to see officially released. JJJ and Aunt May were both on the list. Rick Jones is important enough as a character and the accessories he could come with: guitar, ham radio, Nega-Bands, and wheel chair. (Of course, Rick Jones would only continue to remind me that the DC line is dead and we'll never get Snapper Carr.) I wouldn't mind seeing MJ revisited.

And Stan Lee? Hell yeah.

Hellpop is correct, we have plenty of parts to create our own QC's of supporting characters.

Here are the Nelson & Murdock team I put together a while ago, along with Ben Urich!

nelsonmurdock.jpg

I swapped that Foggy head with this Ray Stanz head, but I just never took a new picture.

benurich2.jpg

Oh my God, I love that Foggy Nelson! There's no way DST could do a better job capturing the lovable shlub. Quick, put that head back on, now!

I agree about all the Hulks, ugh. But if DST wanted to, they could put out a Rick Jones/Abomination (new, big style) set with an alternate A-Bomb head and kill two birds with one stone. Don't A-Bomb and Abomination pretty much look alike aside from the head?

Nope. They killed off Abomination because Jeph Loeb loves to kill off major villains and leave us with nothing even remotely as comparable in their place, and shortly thereafter Rick Jones turns into A-Bomb. It was pretty lame. But that's what happened.

Nope. They killed off Abomination because Jeph Loeb loves to kill off major villains and leave us with nothing even remotely as comparable in their place, and shortly thereafter Rick Jones turns into A-Bomb. It was pretty lame. But that's what happened.

In continuity, killing the man who poisoned his daughter was the first thing Ross did upon becoming the Red Hulk. So Ross beat the Abomination nearly to death, the shot Blonsky in the head to finish the job. Blonsky was one of the dead recently released from the Underworld as part of the Chaos War, but was super-killed by Marlo Chandler, who still carries a fragment of Death inside her. (in addition to being able to transform into the Harpy. See, everyone has Gamma powered transformations over in Hulkville now) I expect him to turn up again soon.

Rick, like Ross, was transformed by the Intelligencia (the Leader's conspiracy of secondary super-geniuses) using Blonsky's blood into a similar looking creature as the Abomination called A-Bomb. Similar, but not identical, A-Bomb's hide is more crustation-like than scalely, his ears are smaller than Blonsky's, and he's bright blue. The original intent was to turn Rick into a "sleeper assassin", programed to remain in human form until he encountered Bruce, transform, and kill him. Rick proved too hard to control. He now retains his full intelligence in A-Bomb form and can change at will. I do not expect this to last much longer.as Rick's various empowerments never last. And it's a silly story at this point.

Your explanation is much better than mine Miry. I have to know, I've never been able to figure this out and you probably know, how in the world do they overlook the fact that Thunderbolt Ross looks NOTHING like Red Hulk, whereas Bruce Banner as the Hulk always looks like himself as Hulk. If he shaves his head, Hulk is bald, etc. Ross and Red Hulk look nothing alike, how do they get around that one?

I'd love a Val Cooper paired with X-Factor Multiple Man troop builder and a variant X-Factor uniform Cooper with Cable sized gun.

Or in a Freedom Force Box set with Pyro, Blob, and Avalanche

Or in an X-Factor Femme Fatales Set with Polaris, Mystique, and Shard/Wolvesbane

Other Civilians

Dakota North

Misty Knight

Colleen Wing

Would LOVE the Val Cooper in power suit & x-factor uniform with guns - but i'm reasonably sure that getting TWO Val Coopers before a Falcon/Winter Soldier/Toad/Kang minimate would cause something of an upset for a lot of boardies.

(not for me :P but i sense i'd be in the minority)

EDIT: I'm sure i'll sound like the a-hole in the minority here, but I can not tell you how much i DO NOT want a Stan Lee minimate. I'm pretty happy with getting 616 civilian minimates in a line, but i have no need for a Stan Lee in my collection. I get the he IS marvel, but he has his name on enough stuff already for everyone on the entire planet to know who he is and what he's responsible for. There are children in Uganda who don't know what the Coca-Cola logo looks like, but who know that Stan Lee made marvel!

As a huge Winter Soldier supporter, I can tell you that at this point I would not be surprised to see Val Cooper, Stan Lee, Deborah Whitman, or freakin' Paste Pot Pete before Winter Soldier, because at least Chuck hasn't come out and pretty bluntly said he doesn't consider them "on the table."

I'm sorry, I'm trying to be more positive, but that ones going to get under my skin until Winter Soldier is finally released, because it's just so ridiculous.

And as for Stan, I think if he gets made it should only be as a novelty single bagged item at a convention or something, I think he's the man but if he takes a spot from a character in a wave or box set I will not be thrilled.

Your explanation is much better than mine Miry. I have to know, I've never been able to figure this out and you probably know, how in the world do they overlook the fact that Thunderbolt Ross looks NOTHING like Red Hulk, whereas Bruce Banner as the Hulk always looks like himself as Hulk. If he shaves his head, Hulk is bald, etc. Ross and Red Hulk look nothing alike, how do they get around that one?

Didn't they introduce Rulk and not have a backstory for him?