UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shots From The Minibar

Aaaah drunken Ironman and a sarcastic Spidey. Having Twisted Mego Theater flashbacks. Gonna make Zach all nostalgic.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, Choppah-Face, Tony is a recovering Alcoholic not a drunk. And only once got into his armor slobbering drunk (spells, body swaps, and reality warps not withstanding) and tried to fight a bad guy. But it makes for good comedy.

And there's also overly sincere Spidey, geeked out techno-babbling Spidey, preachy Spidey, ticked-off-gonna-almost-kill-somebody-maybe Spidey... But these don't make for good comedy.

Hilarious! I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. (And I'll try really, really hard to not point out that the twelve days of Christmas actually begin on Christmas evening and lead up to Twelfth Night on January 5th and the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6th.)

Hilarious! I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. (And I'll try really, really hard to not point out that the twelve days of Christmas actually begin on Christmas evening and lead up to Twelfth Night on January 5th and the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6th.)

Thanks for not mentioning it. I wouldn't want folks to catch on to my scheme... devious plan... uh... Christmas gift to all. :biggrin:

WHERE did you get the desk & chairs!?

(I should be hanging out in the "Minimate Compatible Thread" more, shouldn't I?)

The desk and a lot of the other props you've seen in the Christmas Shots are from the Playmobil Christmas Advent Calendar. The chairs were purchased at this online place called Larry G Scale. Quite a few forum members I've talked to have bought minimate scaled props of of him. I just wish he'd indicate on his webpage when an item is no longer in stock. My wife had a terrible time buying stuff from him last Christmas. He charged her for a handful of items she ordered but only sent the ones he had in stock. The other items (turns out) were discontinued. She had a hell of a time trying to get a refund from him. But with a little help and a phone call from me, we got it straightened out. I myself never had problems buying from him before that fiasco, but haven't made a purchase since.

Murderofcrows pointed me in the direction of Playmobil props. A lot of them are awesome, like the furniture and decor, but a lot of hand held items need to be whittled down to fit in the hand of a minimate (example: The writing quill Thor uses in his letter to Santa). The desk he is writing on is also the one I used in today's shot (Second day of Christmas) but I trimmed it down considerably to make it more MM friendly. So using Playmobil props all depends on how willing you are to leave as is or modify to your liking.

Glad you guys are enjoying the Christmas Shots so far.