#21 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (TM2 Dinobot @ May 24 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't seen these at all. Though I;d like to be able to say that for Minimates. Can you imagine blanks sold like this? Or with little accs? Come on, DST, get with it!

In fairness, though, Minimates will likely never be able to seriously compete with LEGO. LEGO has the name recognition, the distribution, the price (Minimates are about twice as expensive, and aren't sold individually at TRU), the kid-friendliness (parts won't come off and get swallowed as easily), the building sets that all kids seem to have, and the nostalgia of parents. With Minimates, DST simply has the vastly superior product wink.gif

Edited by karamazov80, 24 May 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#22 McDurg

McDurg

Future ruler of Eternia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (boyd @ May 24 2010, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone thinking about buying these might be interested in this - a guide on what figure is in what blindbox.

Lego Minifigure ID Chart

People at the lego Forums posted this, but I don't prefer it cause it seems partially douchey. Maybe if you're just looking to get ONE, but some people will most likely use it to grab a ton of the one figure they like.
I just don't like that. I know I'd be incredibly pissed if someone took the time to grab all the Zombies and Forestmen.

#23 Dio

Dio

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:21 AM

Here's a printable one:
Attached File  cheatsheet.jpg   210.58K   83 downloads

#24 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

I got the scuba guy, space guy, crash test dummy, ninja, and cheerleader. The cheerleader is my favorite, but i like the CTD a lot more than I thought I would.
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#25 McDurg

McDurg

Future ruler of Eternia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

People on the Eurobricks forums were being abnormally creepy about that Cheerleader...

Went again today and I got:
Cowboy
Magician
Scuba Diver
Caveman
Spaceman

I absolutely love the Cowboy, and the Spaceman and Caveman are incredible. All three of them come with some great new accessories. I surprisingly still haven't got the Dummy, and he's supposed to be incredibly common.

#26 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

"You and I remember Budapest VERY differently"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

A box of Wave 2 hit my TRU this weekend, and after never seeing Wave 1 and not buying LEGOs is years, i picked up two with the sole intention of getting the Mime and the Pharoah; i LOVED the old Universal/Johnny Thunder Egyptian sets, and cherish my lil' dead Egyptian Kings, so he was a must as soon as i saw him (the staff is a bonus), and the Mime is unbelievably adorable.

Well i picked up two packets, without my printable list handy. I got home and opened one; The Ringmaster. Meh, okay he's cheesy and cool in a weird, 1920s/1930s "railroad-track" villain sort-of-way. But i made sure i prayed to God, literally, befor i opened the second (i want to buy as little of these as possible and not get addicted to the expensive world that is LEGO again. Like my little cousin...who is now a Minimates fan. laugh.gif). Well i opened it.

I GOT THE MIME!! biggrin.gif i LOVE him so much, especially with the sad face, weirdly. I can't put the little guy down, and am beyond happy with him. I'm going to try agan tomorrow (if any packets are left rolleyes.gif) for the Pharaoh, with my list, and for the Vampire as well.

Addiction, here i come...

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#27 youbastards

youbastards

ALIENS Minimates? Game over man, GAME OVER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

Target is also carrying these, they are in the Halloween candy section as a novelty toy, not with the other Lego's. thumbsup.gif

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

aliennestingdolls.jpg

#28 Ninja Mate

Ninja Mate

the Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

My TRU got a box in about a month or so ago. I bought 4 packs. I went back later in the day to get more and they were all gone! blink.gif

Edited by Ninja Mate, 13 September 2010 - 06:43 AM.

#29 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

I got Pamela Anderson and... some other guy. I have to find that Spartan. Seriously.

Also, did any one notice that these went up at TRU? They were $2, now they're $3.
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#30 DarkRedShadow

DarkRedShadow

I've posted about 1000 times here; Regret 900 of those posts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

I went to chicago like 3 weeks ago and I went to the lego museum and got the singer{or pamela anderson as tm2 said}I got the cop and the vampire.I really wanted the vampire and I really like him,but I don't know how to put on the cape thingy any help?
Posted Image

#31 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (darkredshdow @ Sep 14 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to chicago like 3 weeks ago and I went to the lego museum and got the singer{or pamela anderson as tm2 said}I got the cop and the vampire.I really wanted the vampire and I really like him,but I don't know how to put on the cape thingy any help?

I know i'll forget with school, but if i remember this weekend, i'll post a few pics. It's a lot easier than trying to explain.

Went back yesterday, with my sheet, and after a few minutes i found my Pharaoh and Vampire. smile.gif i also picked up a random one, cause blindbagging IS fun, and got the only other major want i had; the Karate Master. laugh.gif

Yes...i wanted him just for the trophies...sue me...

Also, in contrary to posts here, my TRU Employees were anything but upset with the list. In fact, she saw i and actually asked, and started, HELPING ME find them, sorting through the 30+ baggies. smile.gif

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#32 blacksun1520

blacksun1520

Questin'...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

I grabbed 1 today, and after feeling up the baggies for about ten minutes trying to find the Spartan's spear (that sounds SO wrong), I gave up and picked one. I ended up with the cop, he's OK, but I don't collect lego figs so I could take it or leave it. Now, if I had this with me it would have been a bit easier

Attached File  minifigschecklist2.jpg   245.11K   52 downloads

BAR CODES FOR SERIES 2

BS

Edited by blacksun1520, 14 September 2010 - 08:31 PM.

"Oh take me down to a minimate city where the packs are fresh and variants are plenty... oh won't you please take me home!!"

Posted Image

#33 pickle

pickle

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

I was able to get both the figures I wanted.

The Zombie from series 1 and the Spartan from series 2.

I did end up feeling up a lot of bags to find the one I wanted..... wait a minute....

#34 Ninja Mate

Ninja Mate

the Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:53 AM

I got the Mexican Hombre, Pharaoh, Karate Master, and the Downhill Skier.

...all up for trade as I dont collect, just wante to buy them for fun of a blind bag. smile.gif

Edited by Ninja Mate, 17 September 2010 - 09:30 AM.

#35 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yea, i'm always gonna ue Cheat Sheets for collecting these...i'd rather not feel up a Spartan's package...wait a minute...

Might try fr a Spartan for the Helmet and Spear, but i realized that a lot of these i just want for accessories or parts, and not the figure. Sad i missed the Zombies though.

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#36 Danny

Danny

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

I picked up a wave 1 pack and a wave 2 pack (plus a LEGO Space astronaut keyring, being a 70s LEGO kid) from the LEGO Discovery store in Berlin a couple of days ago. Ended up with a wave 1 Ninja (he'll go well with my Prince of Persia set) and a wave 2 Explorer (he'll go well with POP or Indy). They were both towards the top of the list for my wants so very happy with that.
Come see the all-new, all-different Minimates Central!

#37 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

Too much, Lego. TOO MUCH!!!

Actually these don't seem as awesome as wave 2 or 1.
Posted Image

#38 battlecat

battlecat

Hare Razing Rabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

For some reason I really want that Lego boombox... not so much the d-bag minifig holding it.

The mummy will look cool with the vampire one from series 2, now we need a werewolf!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif Must-buy for me. Him and a few snowboarders...

I really don't like the look of this wave...it looks too "themed;" how many Sports Minifigs are in this Series?!?!?! Pretty much HALF. I know City has its fans...but seriously...the diversity in this line is what was selling it, not themes. My Spider-sense is tingling on this one...

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#40 Danny

Danny

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

I really like the Elf and the Samurai, the rest seem a bit meh. Agreed that the selection is too sports/leisure based.
Come see the all-new, all-different Minimates Central!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users