2216 replies to this topic

#321 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

I've lurked around the BB forum since the Minimate BB news was announced years back. I kind of sympathise with some of the dyed-in-the-wool members who have all the old stuff..... who can blame them for perceiving that the Minimates version might not meet their expectations? Those fears are totally unfounded ......my opinion is based on what I've seen with other memorabilia Minimate licences handled by DST especially Ghostbusters & BTTF.

People that don't want to like Minimates won't ever like Minimates .....their loss.

Completism sometimes requires a little legwork rolleyes.gif

#322 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,509 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

I still can't get over the lack of rub signs. When ReproLabels can make an entire sheet for $5, DST has obviously not looked into all their options.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot, 06 January 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#323 DSTZach

DSTZach

Marketing Supervisor, DST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I still can't get over the lack of rub signs. When ReproLabels can make an entire sheet for $5, DST has obviously not looked into all their options.

I don't think it was a matter of finding them or paying for them, it was a matter of keeping our Beasts separate from others' Beasts.

#324 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

I still can't get over the lack of rub signs.

I'm pretty sure that you currently show a few .

#325 monkeycrumb

monkeycrumb

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

Anybody here ever go on the Little Rubber Guys forums? Visited the Battle Beasts forums today to say hello. Diverse set of opinions over there.

"I think the designers did a great job capturing the feel of the old figures, too. And I'm pretty sure we're done with the gator. The new designs are even cooler, and hopefully they'll win some Mate-haters back to the fold."

So, we ARE getting BB mates this year. Cool.

I had to google their forum, not a member, don't plan to be (don't need any new obsessions!)

it was a matter of keeping our Beasts separate from others' Beasts.

So, you're trying to prevent bestiality then?

DST isn't paying you enough for all the work you do! :biggrin:
DSTCHUCK: We never say never at DST (Ask DST #157 May 2, 2012)
Zach Oat: We still occasionally ask (regarding the DC license) posted June 19 2012 on MMMV

DST Never Says Never, so why do YOU? DC Minimates will return one day!

#326 screamfleet

screamfleet

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm pretty excited. The announcement of battle beasts way back when was what got me interested in minimates to begin with.
No matter how they come out, minimates, larger figures, rubsign or not, I'm into some armor wearing anthropomorphic figures.

#327 DSTZach

DSTZach

Marketing Supervisor, DST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

DST isn't paying you enough for all the work you do! :biggrin:

I may need hazard pay to go onto the Transformers message boards. Risking life and limb, there.

#328 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,509 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Eh, put together a crack team. Me, KA, Maxi and Miry will go in your place. We know how to handle transfans. :highfive2:

I just wonder about the rub signs. The fact that you want to make them distinctive is a good thing that I can understand and agree with. I just happen to know that's a point of contention with a lot of classic fans. Maybe you could sculpt a place to put them on your molds, but just not add a rub sign? Let people put their own on?
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#329 battlecat

battlecat

Hare Razing Rabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

I just wonder about the rub signs. The fact that you want to make them distinctive is a good thing that I can understand and agree with. I just happen to know that's a point of contention with a lot of classic fans. Maybe you could sculpt a place to put them on your molds, but just not add a rub sign? Let people put their own on?

If they're showing the line at C2E2, I imagine they're already sculpted. Plus it would look a bit weird if they all have an empty square in the middle of their chest -- although I guess it might bring back nostalgic memories of all those old ones where the damn rub sign fell off :tongue:

If someone's interest in the line is that dependent on them being exactly like the old toys, they will likely be disappointed by something, rub sign or no. For me, any new Battle Beasts is good Battle Beasts -- it's been 20 years! I'm pretty excited for the reveal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#330 Kostisfire

Kostisfire

Destroyed the Reapers!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Can we atleast be teased with some concept art at toy fair or with a prototype of another beast?Or with a giveaway of another beast or the same gator so I can finally buy one in a reasonable price?

7319666676_1729d77fa2.jpgMarvel_Civil_War_Crap_by_T_Stock87.png14574928045_77b1caafd4_z.jpg

#331 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm pretty confident Bill that someone here will have a 'Carrycase Croc' at a reasonable price .....anybody?

#332 Kostisfire

Kostisfire

Destroyed the Reapers!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm pretty confident Bill that someone here will have a 'Carrycase Croc' at a reasonable price .....anybody?

I hope so,I've put him in my wants list. I really liked this line from the beginning.

7319666676_1729d77fa2.jpgMarvel_Civil_War_Crap_by_T_Stock87.png14574928045_77b1caafd4_z.jpg

#333 Mystery Man

Mystery Man

RODAN make RODAN RODAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

I had Battle Beasts as a kid and loved them. If minimate ones don't have the little rubbing stickers (or the marble in the chest, either) then that's okay. I'd just like to see them released, honestly.

I'd also like to get a crocodile. I still don't have any version of that guy and man, it buuuugs me.

#334 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Sorry, I sold all my extras off to some guy in Devon!

GITD Cartographers on the othr hand...

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

#335 screamfleet

screamfleet

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Can we atleast be teased with some concept art at toy fair or with a prototype of another beast?Or with a giveaway of another beast or the same gator so I can finally buy one in a reasonable price?

It kind of figures, the easiest one to get, ended up being my least favorite color scheme.

I still hope they do one as a homage to the original grusome gator with white skin and green armor

#336 sylvain

sylvain

Mini-Addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Only 1 week left for the countdown and still no sneak peak or leak. This secret is well kept.
The beasts that battle blog : dragonautes2010.blogspot.com
Posted Image

#337 Onyx_6

Onyx_6

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Only 1 week left for the countdown and still no sneak peak or leak. This secret is well kept.

What is the link for the clock again?

This is the first thing I have put in my profile!  yes.gif

14390604319_039158d331_z.jpg

#338 sylvain

sylvain

Mini-Addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Battle Beasts clock
The beasts that battle blog : dragonautes2010.blogspot.com
Posted Image

#339 boyd

boyd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Huh. Forgot about the countdown clock. Wonder if this means they'll have samples on display at C2E2 next week.

Boyd's Minimate Customs - The custom Minimate site that's collecting dust.

#340 Lobsterman

Lobsterman

Some guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

:whistling:
Posted Image

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (6)