UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 5 Pics

boyd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! It's nice to see that Captain Marvel got the front-of-the-pack picture. Also very nice to see that Ma Hunkel and the Hawks come with hair pieces and that Kilowog's power battery is bigger that the regular one, as it should be.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Damn you Labor Day!!! I should have these now!!!

Awesome! It's nice to see that Captain Marvel got the front-of-the-pack picture. Also very nice to see that Ma Hunkel and the Hawks come with hair pieces and that Kilowog's power battery is bigger that the regular one, as it should be.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Damn you Labor Day!!! I should have these now!!!

Ok that explains why LCS did not get these today. They look sooo cool though. the Hawks come whit a a$$ load of accessories.

I just realized that with guys hair and jacket he will make an easy First appearance of the modern Superboy. And how long you think it will take before we have our evil Mary Marvel runnin around. I think I just found two more reasons to love this set.

edit: hahaha I just noticed kilowogs lantern is bigger too.

I just came back from getting these mates. I, first, went to my LCS and they did not get them, so I drove to newbury comics and they had not put them out yet. So i asked the guy and he went back for like 10 mins and finally got them. But he only had 3 sets, he said that was all they had. So unfortunately, I need to go on a hunt to find the red tornado/ma hunkel pack. But other than that, i love these mates. My fav pack is shazaam and mary.

Well, here is are detailed pics of DC minimates wave 5. I was a little rushed and the pics aren't as great as my last 4 photo shoots. Please bear with me. Click the thumbnails for larger images.

Points of interest:

*Guy Gardner and Kilowogs lantern batery handle move much smoother than Hal Jordan's did. Nice fix up DCD. ;)

* Both hawks wings are removable from their chest pieces. They pop in via a ball joint. HG reuses the Barbra Gordon hair piece (ponytail).

* Captain Marvel is refered to as "Shazam!" on the blister card. Strange seeing as that's just the word he uses to transform from Billy to Captain Marvel. Wonder how that one slipped by?

DC wave 5 card

th_Backpack.jpg

Hawkman & Hawkgirl

th_HMHGpack.jpg

th_HMfront.jpg

th_HMback.jpg

th_HGfront.jpg

th_HGback.jpg

th_weapons.jpg

th_Readyforbattle.jpg

Red Tornado & Ma Hunkel

th_RTMHpack.jpg

th_RTfront.jpg

th_RTback.jpg

th_MHfront.jpg

th_MHback.jpg

Guy Gardner & Kilowog

th_GGKpack.jpg

th_GGfront.jpg

th_GGback.jpg

th_KWfront.jpg

th_KWback.jpg

th_Lanterns.jpg

Captain Marvel & Mary Marvel

th_CMMMpack.jpg

th_CMfront.jpg

th_CMback.jpg

th_MMfront.jpg

th_MMback.jpg

Awesome pics as always, much appreciated

* Captain Marvel is refered to as "Shazam!" on the blister card. Strange seeing as that's just the word he uses to transform from Billy to Captain Marvel. Wonder how that one slipped by?

Legal issue, when was there last a comic book by DC with "Captain Marvel" as the title on the cover?

Is anybody else not thrilled with the Hawks wings? They're so loose. I'm really thinking about using the ol' Krazy Glue to keep them from falling out all the time. You can't play with 'em if they're continually falling out.

Also, did anybody else make a Forbush Man from Marvel Comics with that GA Red Tornado like I already did? It's great!

This is really a fantastic set and I'm really happy with it. Thanks yet again, to DCD.

Got hosed here too. My LCS old me no one was getting them until next week.. :( oh well, i've waited this long.. i can wait another 6 days.

My Impressions: Those Hawks look fantastic! So happy that: jointed wings, 3 weapons, and hair for both.. talk about bonus!! Mary Marvel will be getting a darker look as soon as I get her and some black paint. Also thinking of going White Shazam with Sentry long hair painted white. Could be cool. Red Tornado is perfect and I love the height of his collar. 2 more members for my Green Lantern Corps!! glad to see that pic on here too. Love my GL's.. now just need Kyle.

Fantastic Wave, imo gives a final chapter to the first handful of waves in a way, now on to more characters from all around the DC.

Got hosed here too. My LCS old me no one was getting them until next week.. :( oh well, i've waited this long.. i can wait another 6 days.

My Impressions: Those Hawks look fantastic! So happy that: jointed wings, 3 weapons, and hair for both.. talk about bonus!! Mary Marvel will be getting a darker look as soon as I get her and some black paint. Also thinking of going White Shazam with Sentry long hair painted white. Could be cool. Red Tornado is perfect and I love the height of his collar. 2 more members for my Green Lantern Corps!! glad to see that pic on here too. Love my GL's.. now just need Kyle.

Fantastic Wave, imo gives a final chapter to the first handful of waves in a way, now on to more characters from all around the DC.

I am glad to hear i am not the only person who had this problem. i agree with you imprssoins. al though I will most likely not change the marvels I am really looking forward to them.

You should just use your quick custom Kyle until they make one.

as for quality, the paint apps have slipped a little. Some mates have so much paint that it chips. but this is a mighty good wave. I cant wait for bizarro.

also, the wings from the hawks give MULTIPLE customization options for the upcoming angel variant in the marvel waves. I love the billy batson.

i am really not diggin the whole "big chest" thingie they have goin on...

dont get me wrong, hawkman and hawkgirl look awesome, with their wings and such.

but,

having that bulky chest piece makes them look VERY odd.

it's like a frekaing rubis cube with wings and legs.

i mean, fine, you can bulk up doomsday and darksied anytime,

but can you at least try to keep the rest to "normal chest" please??

oh and have any of y'all pull the new robin along side with the old nightwing from the C3 line?

robin is freaking HUGE standing next to nightwing,

i donno why that is, but it just looks funky.