UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick Talk

TBT!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spawn Kubs look pretty cool!

Having said that, I must admit to owning a few Kubricks. But really it's only because of the licensing -- if Minimates came in all the varieties that Kubricks did, I would own naught but 'mates!

I think they look pretty good, especially Violator and Tremor (I think that's his name) but I'm not much of a Kubrick fan. As has been said Spawn minimates would be cool. And each figure has a variant? Seems a little extreme IMO.

I'd never buy a Kubrick, they are really too much duded up Lego. At least with Minimates I contend that they're mini-action figures in a real sense. Not to mention favoring blindpacking...

But for many Kubricks are THE block figures, thus first port of call for things like this :(

• 1 year later...

Like the Trigun and Tetsujin sets. I've looked at picking both up in the past - haven't pulled the trigger on the auctions yet though. I do have the Mazinger (set A) set that I'm quite pleased with. I've also go the Batman set and the 400% Batman.

Kubricks are nice, but don't have the appeal for me that 'mates do. I think its a design thing. I prefer the design of the mate over that of the kubrick. Articulation is another selling point for me in the mates vs kubrick discussion.

Found the Halo 3 boxed set of Kubricks the other day at Gamestop. $19.99 for 4 of 'em - red, blue, green and clear - I'm assuming that's 'stealth mode' or something. I left 'em there. Hopefully someone who would appreciate them was able to pick it up and not some scalper trashbag.

(<--- not an xboxer - I'm a ps2 man myself.)

Found the Halo 3 boxed set of Kubricks the other day at Gamestop. $19.99 for 4 of 'em - red, blue, green and clear - I'm assuming that's 'stealth mode' or something. I left 'em there. Hopefully someone who would appreciate them was able to pick it up and not some scalper trashbag.

If you see a boxed set of these with 1 of the 4 items black ,pick it up ,trust me, pick it up!

If you see a boxed set of these with 1 of the 4 items black ,pick it up ,trust me, pick it up!

Why?

Why?

Cos they are very rare.... They did a very limited amount of them... and they will sell for silly money.

I suspect that even the regular pack that Reideen saw will creep up in price soon!

T.

Why?

Cos they are very rare.... They did a very limited amount of them... and they will sell for silly money.

I suspect that even the regular pack that Reideen saw will creep up in price soon!

T.

How silly exactly? My friend bought one.

Why?

T.

How silly exactly? My friend bought one.

Go look on ebay, prices aren't that high now as I think shops are still stocking them but limited edition kubricks tend to get expensive on the second hand market.

T.