UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Tournament Of Fighters - Qualifying Round

TOF-white.jpg

The legendary fighters from all over the world are ready to fight! Who will come out on top?

Welcome to our broadcast of what will be a hell of a show! We start with the last qualifying round and the last ten fighters trying to advance to the Tournament. And we've already seen some incredible fights! Do you guys remember when martial arts master Eep Chun knocked out Jimmy "The Best of the West" Hart in just under 8 seconds? Eight seconds! That was close to the 6 second record set by the Tournament's first champion Prometheus, long time ago. Amazing. And we saw some funny moments when Michael "Night Rocker" Buchannon was so busy bragging about his potential win, mexican luchardor Azul Diabolo was able to have an incredible come back and knock Buchannon out for good and qualify for the Tournament of Fighters.

View the Tournament's bracket to get all the information you need to see who your favorite fighter will face next. You can also see the potential opponents of those fighters who will win their last qualifying matches.

So without further ado, here are the final five matches of the qualifying round and these will already be pretty exciting:

Qualifying Match 1 (Q1):

Ramirez-SALE.jpgVS-white.jpgFuse-SALE.jpg

Herold Ramirez (Trainer: TM2) VS Fuse (Trainer: undeadpool)

FUSE wins 20:8

Qualifying Match 2 (Q2):

Brutus.jpgVS-white.jpgBarrett.jpg

Brutus McBuff (Trainer: Mattallica) VS Barrett Diabolo (Trainer: Boyd)

BARRETT DIABOLO wins 26:2

Qualifying Match 3 (Q3):

Rodney.jpgVS-white.jpgTommy.jpg

Rodney Riggs (Trainer: Punisher) VS Tommy Campbell (Trainer: TM2)

RODNEY RIGGS wins 22:6

Qualifying Match 4 (Q4):

JC.jpgVS-white.jpgKishin-SALE.jpg

J.C. the Demon Greaser (Trainer: BrobotC) VS Kishin (Trainer: Youbastards)

KISHIN wins 19:9

Qualifying Match 5 (Q5):

Thunder.jpgVS-white.jpgParrot.jpg

Chief Thunder Cloud (Trainer: jcastick) VS The Black Parrot (Trainer: undeadpool)

THE BLACK PARROT wins 16:13

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! NOW IT'S UP TO YOU!

Cast your vote now until June 9th, 11pm PDT. Vote for who you think should advance to the next round. How you come to your decision is completely up to you. You can base your votes on the abilities of the fighters, the pure awesomness of the custom design, your gut feelings or a chicken oracle. Your call. And feel free to discuss and brag and have some smack talk. Most important: this is supposed to be fun!

And don't forget to bid on these amazing customs on ebay: You can click on the "ON SALE" images to bid on the custom. Click on the characters' names to see the original post. And thanks to A.J.V. for the amazing player select screen which I'll keep using during the Tournament. :tongue:

PlayerSelect01.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

I had to go back and read the bios for all the fighters before I could make my choices.

I wish we could have had more shared backstories, as we have a lot of great stories and it seems like some of the character stories could have been resolved in the tournament.

Glad you guys like it! I'm very pleased to see people are starting to vote on the matches so it gets pretty exciting! :biggrin:

I had to go back and read the bios for all the fighters before I could make my choices.

I wish we could have had more shared backstories, as we have a lot of great stories and it seems like some of the character stories could have been resolved in the tournament.

You're absolutely right! You'll see some of the shared backstories resolve in the next round (games 3 and 10). Those are the only ones I didn't draw seperatly by lot. With the other, that was pretty exciting to see who's actually facing whom. That people were reading the backstories again and having a closer look at the incredible works was one of my main purposes. Glad it worked out. :thumbsup:

Very cool. I love the "On Sale" stickers!

Glad you like it!

More pics will definitely come once I receive all of the fighters. :)

That would be great! It just started so there are plenty of matches ahead and I'm sure you'll have a lot of possibilities to take pictures live from the Tournament. :)

Remember, even if Tommy loses, he still wins. Cause his bio says he's gona loose.

I'm really sorry for poor little Tommy. :mellow:

And keep voting. At least match number five is very exciting. But also numbers 1 and 4 could easily change. 2 and 3? I don't think so. But never say never.

TOF-white.jpg

What an amazing last qualifying round that was! Who expected little Tommy even stand a chance against Chain Gang leader Rodney Riggs? And even more surprising, who expected Riggs to offer little Tommy to just go home instead of fighting? But that little guy might not be the brightest, starting to kick Rodney in the shins and calling him names. So in the end, well, we all saw what happend. After fighting a kid in the qualifying round, Riggs'll face a monkey in the next. Boy, stuff like this can only happen right here! The other surpise might have been Barrett Diabolo defeating Brutus McBuff with just one incredible uppercut. McBuff was able to sock Barrett right in the face before he even put on his boxing gloves. Did you see what happened with the sports bets at that moment? Well, those guys who were still going for Diabolo might have made a small fortune, because right after that hit he took: Bang! We'll see if he'll be able to repeat that move against the Cyborg Cain. In other news, Harold Ramirez didn't stand a chance against Fuse as soon as the charcoal-guy suddenly said "flame on". Ramirez literally got his fingers burned. Then there was demon vs. ogre, chain-sickle vs soul-draining whip, green vs. red: J.C. the Demon Greaser vs Ksihin. The guy with the wings, Kishin, was able to advance to the next round. But the toughest fight was between the huge Chief Thunder Cloud and the agile Black Parrot. It took the man with the mask 16 exhausting minutes to finally win against the giant tribesman from North America. Will the Parrot be well-rested enough to face Kyoku Botoukai and her incredible shaolin soccer skills? We all remember how she used her art to knock out Oranjinho, that huge brazilian Capoeirista in her qualifiying match, don't we? Well, we'll see, when the first round of the Tournament of Fighters begins. Also two very exciting and emotional match-ups in this round: R.A.T. vs. Voodoo Mama Juju and Eep Chun vs. Ka'Ge. Don't forget to read their bios! So, let's get it on and don't forget to check the Tournament's bracket to see the potential match-ups for next round.

And here's a little something for all you statistic lovers:

Biggest win: 26:2 - Barrett Diabolo vs Brutus McBuff

Closest match: 16:13 - The Black Parrot vs. Chief Thunder Cloud

Highest score (single match): 26 - Barret Diabolo

Highest score (overall): 26 - Barret Diabolo

Highest average score (currently): 26 - Barret Diabolo

Highest average score (overall): 26 - Barret Diabolo

But for now: let the battle begin!

Round1-white.jpg

Game 1 :

Eriko-SALE.jpgVS-white.jpgFuse-SALE.jpg

Eriko (Trainer: drgnrbrn316) VS Fuse (Trainer: undeadpool)

Game 2 :

Kyoku-SALE.jpgVS-white.jpgParrot.jpg

Kyoku (Trainer: SErge) VS The Black Parrot (Trainer: undeadpool)

Game 3 :

Voodoo.jpgVS-white.jpgRAT.jpg

Voodoo Mama Juju (Trainer: undeadpool) VS R.A.T. (Trainer: undeadpool)

Game 4 :

Sarah.jpgVS-white.jpgDrIrwin.jpg

Sarah Jayne (Trainer: TM2) VS Dr. Irwin B. Miceon (Trainer: Shamrock)

Game 5 :

Ninja-Monkey.jpgVS-white.jpgRodney.jpg

Ninja Monkey (Trainer: Groundhog7s) VS Rodney Riggs (Trainer: Punisher)

Game 6 :

BlackestKnight-SALE.jpgVS-white.jpgEnki.jpg

Blackest Knight (Trainer: A.J.V.) VS Enki The Forsaken (Trainer: Punisher)

Game 7 :

Kodiak-SALE.jpgVS-white.jpgTetrax.jpg

Kodiak (Trainer: Mini_Myte) VS Tetrax the Endeavourer (Trainer: TM2)

Game 8 :

Atlas.jpgVS-white.jpgMuscleMan-SALE.jpg

Atlas the Reptilian Protector (Trainer: BrobotC) VS Muscleman (Trainer: Mattallica)

Game 9 :

Cain.jpgVS-white.jpgBarrett.jpg

Cain (Trainer: BrobotC) VS Barrett Diabolo (Trainer: Boyd)

Game 10 :

Eep.jpgVS-white.jpgKaGe.jpg

Eep Chun (Trainer: BrobotC) VS Ka'ge (Trainer: BrobotC)

Game 11 :

AszulDiabolo.jpgVS-white.jpgHitomi-SALE.jpg

Azul Diabolo (Trainer: Punisher) VS Hitomi / Kamikasi, the Divine Wind (Trainer: TM2)

Game 12 :

Prometheus.jpgVS-white.jpgShakooth-SALE.jpg

Prometheus the Lost Spectre (Trainer: BrobotC) VS King Shakooth (Trainer: Luke)

Game 13 :

EVO.jpgVS-white.jpgKishin-SALE.jpg

Miss 'Bitchy' Evo (Trainer: BHM) VS Kishin (Trainer: Youbastards)

Game 14 :

Reptile-SALE.jpgVS-white.jpgLukasRand-SALE.jpg

Reptile (Trainer: Mattallica) VS Lukas Rand "Tetsuwan" (Trainer: Bob Harris)

Game 15 :

Russian.jpgVS-white.jpgKiana.jpg

The Black Russian (Trainer: Fujis) VS Kiana (Trainer: Mattallica)

Game 16 :

Sasu-SALE.jpgVS-white.jpgJade.jpg

Sasu The Assasin (Trainer: Boyd) VS Jade (Trainer: Punisher)

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! NOW IT'S UP TO YOU!

Cast your vote now until June 12th, 11pm PDT.

I couldn't open a new poll so I modified the first one. MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON DELETE MY VOTE first to be able to vote on this round! I don't know if there's another way to do it.

And don't forget to bid on these amazing customs on ebay: You can click on the "ON SALE" images to bid on the custom. Click on the characters' names to read their backstories.

PlayerSelect02.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

Nice job with the tournament.

Lookin' good so far. :D

Um..how do you delete your own votes becuase I don't see any button for that and I haven't even voted yet but every time I go to it says:

"An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll."

Which is what I did...I'm so confused...

I can't vote at all. Like, I can't even get an error message.

Two things; 1) this is a LOT of choices. You should cut it down by at least half. 5 Matches was a really good number last time. This time is just a bit over whelming. Who cares if we finish at the same time as the auctions. 2) Eriko and Hitomi should face eachother. Since they're best friends. And I'm sadistic.

I would vote, but its not letting me.

Also, some of the character profile links are not working correctly. Sarah Jayne, Dr Irwin B Miceon, and Sasu the Assassin are directed towards the wrong character profile, and Reptile is going to the bracket site that you're running this through.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks! I have no idea why it isn't working. For today it's pretty late here in Continental Europe, but I'll have a closer look tomorrow morning. I'll fix the incorrect links - thanks for pointing it out! - and either figure out why it's not letting a lot of you not work or start a new thread as Luke suggested.

Once more sorry for the delay and messed up poll.

:confused:

This is a LOT of choices. You should cut it down by at least half. 5 Matches was a really good number last time. This time is just a bit over whelming. Who cares if we finish at the same time as the auctions. 2) Eriko and Hitomi should face eachother. Since they're best friends. And I'm sadistic.

1) I could split this up. You guys think that's helpfull? I mean it would just be that round. Next is 8 matches, then 4, 2 and the finals.

2) Sorry, I'm not sadistic, so I didn'T plan on letting the girlfriends face each other. If that was what the both of you had in mind, pardon. But I don't want to mix everything up again. :ermm: