UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 Minimate Exclusives

ImABarRoomHero

Given that we have lots of Thor-related stuff coming out, this would be the perfect time for them to release some Wrecking Crew Minimates. Sadly, that's not likely.

I agree with you. DST should strike while the iron is hot.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frog Thor?

I wish... :wub:

I'm holding out hope it's going to be this:

thorarmor1.jpg

Which would fit with the seeming Simonson designed theme. And that the Enchantress, at least, is the final Thor F&F figure.

@ Hellpop: Hasn't it been said that armored Thor will be paired with Beta Ray Bill as part of TRU Marvel wave 12?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Yeah, my money's on a comic-style Odin, too. Which, despite the lack of new villains, would still be super cool.

Here's another crazy thought: they started announcing the four slots on Friday and are ending Monday. Perhaps that means they have a second set to reveal this coming Tuesday through Friday?

@ Hellpop: Hasn't it been said that armored Thor will be paired with Beta Ray Bill as part of TRU Marvel wave 12?

Ah, yeah, you're right. So bearded Thor is probably a safe bet here.

If the final lineup for this box set is Sif, Loki, Thor and Odin, supported by Armored Thor and Beta Ray Bill, I'll be a little disappointed. I'm perfectly content with movie Sif and Odin standing in for their 616 versions. But that's just me, and I know not everyone agrees. But it would just be very frustrating to get two versions of these two within a few months of each other and not the many other Thor related characters, specifically the Enchantress and Skurge. I hope I'm jumping the gun with my pessimism. I just have a feeling that next month's Minimates Q&A will include Chuck saying "we never thought about the Enchantress and Executioner, sorry."

Edited by hellpop

Ah, yeah, you're right. So bearded Thor is probably a safe bet here.

If the final lineup for this box set is Sif, Loki, Thor and Odin, supported by Armored Thor and Beta Ray Bill, I'll be a little disappointed. I'm perfectly content with movie Sif and Odin standing in for their 616 versions. But that's just me, and I know not everyone agrees. But it would just be very frustrating to get two versions of these two within a few months of each other and not the many other Thor related characters, specifically the Enchantress and Skurge. I hope I'm jumping the gun with my pessimism. I just have a feeling that next month's Minimates Q&A will include Chuck saying "we never thought about the Enchantress and Executioner, sorry."

I'm delighted we're getting a comic Sif. I'm also okay with movie Odin standing in for comic Odin if it means that the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Balder, Enchantress, Executioner and other people we've never gotten get made.

As for your bad feeling about "we never thought about the Enchantress and Executioner, sorry"... yeah, I'm trying not to be pessimistic but too many character selections and answers on the Q & A's just frustrate me into wondering exactly why some choices are made.

Edited by Mystery Man

"As for your bad feeling about "we never thought about the Enchantress and Executioner, sorry"... yeah, I'm trying not to be pessimistic but too many character selections and answers on the Q & A's just frustrate me into wondering exactly why some choices are made."

I agree, I realize they're in charge of the line so they have the right to make the decisions, but their statements have definitely shown they don't have the fullest understanding of the Marvel Universe (i.e. Baron Zemo) so I wish sometimes they wouldn't say things like "This character/box set wouldn't work at retail" because they clearly don't really know for certain. I mean, I like the minimates we got of them, but.....White Tiger > Baron Zemo? Ok.....

Hate to burst everybody's bubble (including my own), but the last silhouette looks to belong to Beta Ray Bill.

222820_10150182120155678_166601910677_7207978_4317728_n.jpg

Strange choice for a SDCC exclusive seeing how it's been announced that we'd be getting him as part of TRU wave 12.

I don’t understand why a SDCC exclusive set would consist of characters we already have or are scheduled to get. Especially when it is an exclusive to SDCC, where a lot of the attendees actually know about comics and don’t need to have a one of the “Big Four” included to purchase a set. Wouldn’t more obscure characters (or at least characters that haven’t been made) make since for an audience that has comic book knowledge? I understand having the “Big Four” or more familiar characters in box sets at Toysrus and Disney stores since the average consumer has a limited knowledge of comics, but not at a comic book convention.

“Big Four” = Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor

Edited by Santos L Halper

Ah man, no comic Odin. I had gotten myself all excited. Dang.

Right there with you in Disappoitmentville. So many other cool Asgardians denied a spot in the box set because of the space horse - sigh...

ok now i think something is up, i mean this just seems like a kick in the crotch, why be so secretive bout the dang set if 2 of the characters are already scheduled?! maybe that loki really is baldar and they just decided to be lazy this year -__-

:yucky: So either the SDCC exclusive Beta Ray will be available at TRU within 3-4 months after SDCC or we are getting two Beta Ray Bulls (which is completely unecessary).

I sure hope the rest of the SDCC exclusives make up for this disappointment. Where's my Warrior Three and Thor villains????

DST did release the Thunderbolts Venom in a TRU pack a couple years ago, right? So it's not unprecedented. But it does suck, if that's the case. I'm going to hold out hope that DST decided to change the lineup around after giving AFI the wave 12 news, and that Enchantress and Executioner will replace them in wave 12. Hope springs eternal... save for the fact that the world's going to end Saturday.

How exactly did DST manage to make me not excited about a Beta Ray Bill Minimate? That's like a magic trick.

It looks like the Beta Ray Bill and Armored Thor TRU pack is one half of this boxset.

So if we get another boxset we should expect it to include Civil War Captain America and Arnim Zola.

That sounds good to me. Most TRU sets are 50% retreads, so this isn't really a surprise or an upset for me. I was expecting a Thor/Cap mix lcs wave, but SDCC sets work too.

I suggest EVERYBODY who wants the Warriors Three, Odin and other comic Thor heroes and villains go over to http://www.artasylum.com/ and chime in on the "Ask a question" bit and say that they really want these.

The more people that send stuff in about the same stuff will make a strong case for multiple people actually wanting these. I'd rather do that, knowing that I've asked them about them, that do nothing and just wish they'd read our minds and make them instead.

Edited by Mystery Man

I suggest EVERYBODY who wants the Warriors Three, Odin and other comic Thor heroes and villains go over to http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/ and chime in on the "Ask a question" bit and say that they really want these.

The more people that send stuff in about the same stuff will make a strong case for multiple people actually wanting these. I'd rather do that, knowing that I've asked them about them, that do nothing and just wish they'd read our minds and make them instead.

I agree with you, but seeing how DST has told us that minimates are planned out a year in advance, I could just see them telling us how "the ship has sailed" on the Warriors Three. Don't listen to me. I'm just having a moment of negativity. :pinch:

I suggest EVERYBODY who wants the Warriors Three, Odin and other comic Thor heroes and villains go over to http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/ and chime in on the "Ask a question" bit and say that they really want these.

I agree with you, but seeing how DST has told us that minimates are planned out a year in advance, I could just see them telling us how "the ship has sailed" on the Warriors Three. Don't listen to me. I'm just having a moment of negativity. :pinch:

I understand. I'm actually the same way about this stuff alot of the time. But I really hope that enough people saying "Hey, we'll give you our money, just make these, would ya?" will do something to light a fire under them.

I understand. I'm actually the same way about this stuff alot of the time. But I really hope that enough people saying "Hey, we'll give you our money, just make these, would ya?" will do something to light a fire under them.

It's worked wonders with Kang, hasn't it?