UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My Little Pony

TM2 Dinobot

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter's into this show now, so I've actually watched a few episodes. I'll admit that they aren't bad (new ones are better than the ones from early in the 2000s, which were more cheaply made), though they're still obviously cutesy shows made for young girls. So, still nothing I would ever choose to watch on my own.

• 9 months later...

Well, I'm going to BronyCon. This will be my first fan con in decades. I'm taking my 10- and 14-year-old daughters pegasisters.

How out of place am I going to be as a 40-something non-fan? I'm thinking about wearing a shirt that says "Bro-dependant."

I don't know, I suspect kids will be in the minority there. In terms of 40-year-old men, however, I don't think you'll be out of place.

. . .I watched this damn show yesterday. laugh.png I've actually found myself pushing for it, because if not, my daughter wants to watch crappier cartoons like Strawberry Shortcake or Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I'm trying to get them into She-Ra, Duck Tales and Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, with mixed success sad.png

Edited by karamazov80

My daughter still likes MLP, reads the comics and plays with the toys, but won't watch the cartoon for whatever reason. It's the weirdest thing.

I did get her into She-Ra for a little bit, but she got sick of having to deal with the commercials on Hulu and went back to Netflix. She cycles through stuff like Strawberry Shortcake, Littlest Pet Shop, and Sophia the First. She just started watching this mermaid cartoon the other day. Fortunately for all of us, her favorite and default show is Phineas and Ferb.

Well, I'm going to BronyCon. This will be my first fan con in decades. I'm taking my 10- and 14-year-old daughters pegasisters.

How out of place am I going to be as a 40-something non-fan? I'm thinking about wearing a shirt that says "Bro-dependant."

Sweet Christmas, are all of those things you just said actual things?

After doing some quick fact-checking, yes. It's all accurate. Especially the 40-something part since it took me so long to check.

My daughter still likes MLP, reads the comics and plays with the toys, but won't watch the cartoon for whatever reason. It's the weirdest thing.

Mine love the show. The animation and writing are top-notch and the comics are worthy extensions so they're into those, too.

But they are so hypercritical of the merchandising they thankfully don't collect the figures. They're too off-model from the show. Sorry, Hasbro. I will say they've been quite impressed with DST's MLP banks. No doubt they'll find at least one souvenir from the con that's acceptable.

I got mine the little plush dolls from Walgreens. They are nice quality, and price isn't too bad. The only plastic one they have is Princess Celestia, since they didn't make a doll version. And I think a keychain of Fluttershy somewhere. . .

But they are so hypercritical of the merchandising they thankfully don't collect the figures. They're too off-model from the show. Sorry, Hasbro.

The big Funko figures aren't bad. Well they're badly made, being Funko figures, but they look a lot more like the cartoon.