UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2011

TBT!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else surprised at the lack of MAX at the show? You'd figure they'd want to show off their homegrown line. That and the Calico Jack stuff.

I think they only show non-TRU stuff at this one, since it's for a showcase for potential buyers? Most of the MAX stuff seems to be going through TRU.

Also, loving Sinister, roped Spidey and BAMF, but that Hulk minimate hurts my soul...

Edited by battlecat

Is anyone else surprised at the lack of MAX at the show? You'd figure they'd want to show off their homegrown line. That and the Calico Jack stuff.

I think they only show non-TRU stuff at this one, since it's for a showcase for potential buyers? Most of the MAX stuff seems to be going through TRU.

hmmm.......so based on that logic, there could potentially be mates they arent showing us!!

Also, loving Sinister, roped Spidey and BAMF, but that Hulk minimate hurts my soul...

but just about half of everything minimate here is going through TRU :blink:

ya but they may not have the little shiny sticker. :)

hmmm.......so based on that logic, there could potentially be mates they arent showing us!!

There most definitely is. Marvel is a, as they put it, a mature line meaning they don't have to show the years line up to get the retailers excited.

Hmm, I guess the RGB stuff has a TRU logo on it, hadn't given that a close look. The Marvel stuff all seemed to be LCS/new box sets though. Yeah, I don't know then.

Mothers, shield your children, because I'm going to cuss.

Why the HELL are they giving us another FA X-Men set?! We JUST got one. Literally not 6 months ago. I realize they are eager to snap up the license for First Class, but they are giving us a set of characters that we already have, in costumes we already have, from a movie that they don't even appear in. What the hell is DST thinking?! Are they farbot, or just stupid?!

Oh goody, Kat. May try to find her.

Actually these are not First Appearance costumes at all. They come from the period between the Neal Adams era and Giant sized X-Men. And they're quite different from the ones we already got. As long as they're different, bring them on!!!

Mothers, shield your children, because I'm going to cuss.

Why the HELL are they giving us another FA X-Men set?! We JUST got one. Literally not 6 months ago. I realize they are eager to snap up the license for First Class, but they are giving us a set of characters that we already have, in costumes we already have, from a movie that they don't even appear in. What the hell is DST thinking?! Are they farbot, or just stupid?!

Oh goody, Kat. May try to find her.

Mwahahaha, I totally called MvC3:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...st&p=180583

I'm totally getting Wesker. Zero would be perfect if his eyes weren't so big (as seen here, the prototype's face is really weird). The rest of the MvC3 minimates look great, and I'll probably be able to convince my friend who mains C. Viper to buy her XD

As for Marvel, both Sinisters look great.

Sad to see the lack of enthusiasm for Knight Rider. I'll just chalk that up to to the lack of Hasselhoff. You'll all come around when the Michael Knight Minimate shows up. No one will be able to resist. :) I'm looking forward to display KITT with my classic Cylons.

If you jump into page 2, it looks like they are doing a 1:18 scale KITT and Munster Coach as well. At least prototyping it...

Random thoughts...

1st and most importantly... after seeing Zero as a minimate, I am once again PISSSSSSSED at Capcom for using him in MvC3 instead of Mega Man. The day they finally made a Mega Man minimate should have been a happy one for me. Instead it just flamed the hate fire I already had going after Mega Man got snubbed from the game in the first place. I've never been a fan of the X series (or any of the Mega Man offshoots really) but I LOVE the original series. That said... I realize Zero has his fans, so I can see why he'd be in the game. But NOT at the expense of MEGA MAN HIMSELF! It just sucks. So great... 1st Mega Man minimate ever and it's one from an offshoot series, that's not even Mega Man. This blows. (GrrrGrumbleRantRageFireBrimstoneDon'tTryToConvinceMeHowAwesomeZeroIsHeWillNeverBeBetterThanMegaManHateThatDamned

Usurper)

On a happier note...

Not much else I'm seeing here bothers me.

Sinister looks awesome. Nimrod I think could be better, but still nice to see him.

I'm thrilled that we're getting more Street Fighter & Darkstalkers minimates. Just wish 90% of them weren't re-dos. (PS. I think the new Ryu looks kinda ugly truthfully. Beyond that no complaints. Can't wait to get Felicia. Also want the new Phoenix and Taskmaster bad.)

Wish there was more Resident Evil in that lineup. Chris at the very least. Can't have Wesker without Chris.

Like everyone, I only hope that these will sell well enough to see more Capcom minimates. I'd love more Street Fighter, Mega Man, Resident Evil & Darkstalkers mates.

I could have lived without X-Men 1st Class, but will buy them nonetheless, since I'm a Marvel completionist.

I kinda don't like the new Hulk. Kinda didn't like the new Thing either. I feel they've crossed the "over-done" line. I personally think they were in a good middle ground for a while there. My favorite setup is Big Chest, Duck Feet, Big Crotch, Normal Hands. The Hulk movie mates, orrrr... Red Hulk... orrr... Anti-Venom. I think those big figs were well done.

I feel the Marvel Mates are growing more obscure. I have lots of "Who the heck is that?" questions in regard to these pics... And I'm a guy who usually doesn't have these kinds of questions, so this really suprises me...

First, what is Age of X, and who are those minimates? Three look like weird versions of Magneto, Rogue & Gambit, but I'm not familiar with this story, so I couldn't say for sure. Is this something new? I haven't been keeping up on comic books for about a year, because frankly, I'm too poor to afford them every week. I stopped keeping up around Necrosha & Second Coming.

Furthermore who are the armored guy and the chick pictured with Wolverine and Blade?

Further Furthermore who is the Black Skinned guy in the white suit with Nightcrawler, Psylocke & Fantomex. He has a familiar look to him, I just can't place why or remember who he is.

1st and most importantly... after seeing Zero as a minimate, I am once again PISSSSSSSED at Capcom for using him in MvC3 instead of Mega Man. The day they finally made a Mega Man minimate should have been a happy one for me. (GrrrGrumbleRantRageFireBrimstoneDon'tTryToConvinceMeHowAwesomeZeroIsHeWillNeverBeBetterThanMegaManHateThatDamned

RIGHT?!?! I totally feel your pain. It burns.

Further Furthermore who is the Black Skinned guy in the white suit with Nightcrawler, Psylocke & Fantomex. He has a familiar look to him, I just can't place why or remember who he is.

Mr Negative, a Spidey villain you wouldn't know about if you haven't been keeping up with the comics. ;)

Age of X is an alt-universe storyline that's just starting up in one of the X-books, so far I've read one introductory issue and it was kind of like a crap AoA. The guy in the mask is Cyclops.

I think that's Dracula and a vamped Jubilee from another recent X-Men series.

Last guy is Mr. Negative from the last few years of Spider-Man.