UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America movie Minimates

groundhog7s

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Cap/Skull pack today. Still like the Thor figures better. But I like the detail inside Cap's shield. If only the mask was smaller...

Skull is cool. Just overall cool.

Edited by Trekker 42

Does anyone besides me get more excited about the civilian characters than the main characters in a lot of these movie waves? All the caps in these waves are well done, but I have plenty of him, I'm more interested in Howard Stark, Cap's lady friend and the Howling Commandos than Cap and the Skull (although Hydra Skull looks really good.)

I got my Captain "American" Dump cases from Luke yesterday (thanks bud!) and really like these more than I thought I would. The Red Skull variant may go down as one of the best figures of the year, THIS is how Minimates should be done!

ReSkullHydra.jpg

One thing I noticed though is either there is a name error with the Hydra Solder/Infantry (ala Sea Assault Drone/Air Assault Drone) or is the "Hydra Soldier" that comes packed with the LCS Peggy Carter/Howard Stark different from the Army Dump "Hydra Infantry" 'mate? They appear to look the same figure, but with 2 different names.

Edited by youbastards

while I'm going to have to pass on most of these (rarely get anything non-comic now), they do all look very impressive for many generic looking soldiers, etc. Fair play to DST, a v.good wave.

can those who have these confirm neither version of Skull actually comes with a Cube?

Here are some pics of Howard Stark and Peggy Carter that were included in the Marvel Minimates wave 40. Stark comes with a hairpiece and a fedora/hairpiece. His suit coat is a reuse of the one that came with Lawrence Talbot. Peggy Carter comes with a Thompson machine (same one that came with Sgt. Rock). Enjoy!

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Well, I guess there is no difference between the repacks in the TRU and specialty. Both have the TRUCAP label and TRU wave image on the back. But the Peggy and Howard packs have the MM40 label and specialty market lineup. Makes sense to produce it all in one shot.

while I'm going to have to pass on most of these (rarely get anything non-comic now), they do all look very impressive for many generic looking soldiers, etc. Fair play to DST, a v.good wave.

can those who have these confirm neither version of Skull actually comes with a Cube?

The Hydra uniform Skull doesn't. I haven't gotten the wave 40 Skull yet, so I dunno.

Hey, if someone out there has both of them, I wonder if they could clarify something for me...

In regard to the HYDRA mates...

First of all, ignore Pilot and Flamethrower, this isn't about them, but the other two HYDRA mates, lol...

Nowthen...

The one that comes in wave 40 is listed as "HYDRA Soldier" on most, if not all websites selling it. "Howard Stark & HYDRA Soldier" they all say. This is, if I'm to believe the pictures, the one with his mouth closed in a scowl, and a helmet piece over the top of his head.

However, in the single pack dumps, "HYDRA Soldier" seems to instead be the one unique to the single packs (no helmet, teeth bared) wheras the one from wave 40 (mouth closed, helmet) is called "HYDRA Infantry"... This seems to be the case on some websites that have them available, as well as the ebay listings I've looked at.

So basically I'm just a little confused as to which one is "Soldier" and which one is "Infantry" and therefore, which single pack I need to order to complete my set. (I'm not an army building kinda guy, so I'm really only looking for one of each.)

It seems that in wave 40, Soldier is Soldier, but in the single packs, Soldier is Infantry and the new mate (presumably what should have been Infantry) is Soldier. Names reversed maybe? I dunno. Anyway... So I think HYDRA Soldier is the single pack I need to order but I'd just like to know if someone could confirm that for me. So I don't end up with three of one HYDRA mate and none of the other.

Thanks!

Edited by Gillbob316

Yeah, I have all the singles and 2-packs with me, not opened, but the Hydra Soldier in the 2-packs looks identical to the single Hydra Infantry. So the singles that are not repacked elsewhere are labeled Hydra Soldier, Hydra Pilot and Red Skull in Hydra Uniform. The single Hydra Infantry is repacked in two different Diamond exclusive 2-packs where it is mislabeled as Hydra Soldier and the single Hydra Flame Trooper is repacked in one TRU exclusive 2-pack. My gut feeling is the names are wrong on the singles and right on the 2-packs, because they did the same thing last year with the Iron Man singles and the "screaming" one seems like it should be called Infantry because that probably implies he's currently in combat.

Edited by JediJones