UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See.... I just have a standing order with my LCS; if there is a Marvel minimate wave, he saves me a set, including variant. I don't even need to preorder. He just calls me Tuesday to say I can pick them up the next day or anytime after that.

Westfield Comics is great!

Got Hulk and Sinister today. Hulk rocks. Definitely my favorite mate to date. FYI I had to reverse his thigh pieces I think they were put on backward. I don't know if its been mentioned but he uses a new crotch piece. Its narrower than the regular piece. I wonder if this was used on the bulked up Thing? His hight extender is shorter than normal too. After I switched them he has a much better range of motion at the knees. Sinister looks great but I'm having a hard time getting him to stand. Nimrod is cool but I think he might look better without the hight extender. I think he may be a bit too tall. Passed on AoA Sinister and on Spidey who Ill grab at TRU down the line.

Edited by Rheul

A couple things regarding this series.

1) Be careful with your Green Goblin. I tried to put the pumpkin bomb hand on the arm and it got caught in the arm. Took it out and it left the hand peg in the arm. Good thing I eventually want to get a second set. :(

2) The Hulk doesn't have bicep add-on pieces that wrap around. Compare them to Thing, Red Hulk or Juggernaut and you'll see what I mean. I made a quick fix of mine by gluing the onto the arms carefully. I have 2 of these, though, so you may not want to make the adjustment unless you're picky about stuff like that (like me).

Also concerning the Hulk, notice he has the torso/crotch extender piece. Red Hulk had that part built in onto his crotch cover, but Hulk doesn't. So of course I cut the extender in half and glued the part I wanted to keep onto the crotch cover. I'm all about permanence. :)

Somebody needs to be more careful with their toys it sounds like.

Wonder if that's going to hold true for every Hulk, or just the wave 41/ TRU 11 ones. If perhaps the MvC3 Hulks will be more like the Red Hulk?

Oh I don't know... I don't see anyone else talking about broken wrist pegs on their brand new stuff... just sayin'... :tongue:

So much for his appearance on Dancing with the Super-Villains!

Maybe they can put off filming until Zola is released, I mean it'd be unfair to replace an evil ex-Nazi geneticist with anything other than another evil ex-Nazi geneticist, right?

Yeah, yeah. I only posted to alert others so they'd be careful.

This is the thanks I get... !

If it makes you feel any better, my Sinister's hands are stuck solid in his wrist holes. I twisted a bit and felt the plastic starting to shear, so I daren't try to remove them...

Got my Hulk/Iron Man set in today. (Only one I could afford for now.)

Love love LOVE the new Hulk. Probably one of my top ten favorite mates. :D

Here's some pics:

HulkAvengers.jpg

Avengers Assemble! (At least, some of them.)

HulkFantasticFour.jpg

Fantastic Four #12 cover re-creation.

Oh and FA Iron Man is okay. He'll most likely go in the Hall of Armor I'm planning to make.

Can't wait to pick up the GG and Sinister sets!

Y'know, despite Hulk's failure to resemble a Minimate in any noticeable way, I've gotta admit that he looks good in those pics. He seems closer to scale with the other Minimates than previous incarnations.

Got my Hulk/Iron Man set in today. (Only one I could afford for now.)

Love love LOVE the new Hulk. Probably one of my top ten favorite mates. :D

HulkFantasticFour.jpg

Fantastic Four #12 cover re-creation.

Oh and FA Iron Man is okay. He'll most likely go in the Hall of Armor I'm planning to make.

Can't wait to pick up the GG and Sinister sets!

Why don't you enter this pic for the comic book cover re-creation contest?

Definitely the best Hulk we have received thus far, not only close to scale, but well sculpted compared to past releases.

I lined up all my Hulk minimates yesterday from wave 1 thru 41 and it really was shocking to see not only the evolution of Hulk Mates, but also how silly the old hulks looked in comparison to this new one. Specifically look at the absurdly tiny wave 1 green hulk and awkwardly sculpted smart hulk with duck feet.

I hope the evolution continues as long as it makes sense; like the removal of the duck feet to sculpted feet pieces. Next change I hope to see, creates his big hands to have a small gap so he can hold other minimate accessories if needed.

I was going to pass on the TRU Wave 11 non-exclusives because I'm struggling to keep pace with all of the Minimate stuff were getting & they'd just be duplicates of thw Wave 31 stuff. Then I realised first of all that the packaging would be different & despite how sad that sounds that actually matters to me :rolleyes: Then....I realised that this might be a 'Deadpool Moment' & bought ....er...some more .

I'm pretty confident that there will be plenty of these to go around but this Hulk look's sensational. Ironically the best TRU set that we've had for somewhile included the superb Iron-Man variant Hulkbuster & the Gamma Hulk lacklustre this time we have a superb Hulk & a Dire 'un Man.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new bulked-up minimates. I'm kind of on the fence about whether I like them or not, but I am glad that DST is making them. I realize that a skinny Hulk (the same size as everyone else) must drive some collectors insane. It bothers me some as well, and I agree that the duck feet were a horrible solution. It's nice to give us better options.

Speaking of "bulked up", I did snag the Mr. Sinister/Nimrod pack this weekend.

post-2001-0-43244400-1314542433_thumb.jppost-2001-0-02422500-1314542491_thumb.jp

After having these for a couple of days, I have to say that I'm still not on board with the bulked Hulk. I've not been a fan of the earlier bulky character releases, but at least I've been able to part swap to get Thing and Juggs that are both bigger and retain a Minimate appearance. Not so with Hulk. I haven't been able to cobble anything together. I think his arms are pretty fugly and a little bit too long. The fist is also pretty ugly- I would have preferred a more basic looking Minimate hand. The face, hair, and chest are all nice, and the colors overall pop very well, I just don't dig the choice of slip over pieces. I think that, if the 2.5 is out, instead of using slip over pieces, I'd prefer a whole new arm and leg design- bigger than the 2 inch appendages but shorter than the 2.5 inch. I know that's asking a lot, but I just don't like this design and think that DST could do better.

The rest of the wave is pretty cool. The Goblin/Spidey pack is amazing. I'll be picking up an extra set to keep on my desk at work. Normally I don't go in for such specific recreations, but DST really hit a home run. Mr. Sinister is also very well done. I think Nimrod looks fine, but it would have been nice to have a different chest tampo and alternate head to create a Second Coming Nimrod look(a la HYDRA goon, Sentinel, and Hand Ninja). Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly fine as is, just could have been slightly better